Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 5

“Sorry about Gideon.” Gavin apologized as we drove through the trees that lined his driveway. It was definitely eerier at night time, like something or someone was about to jump out at any moment. But there was also a peacefulness to the night; the silence, the cool air, and all the stars in the sky.

“Yeah, he’s a bit of a douche.” I agreed, nodding my head.

“What’d he do anyway? You really got him good.”

“He…,” I faltered. How much should I tell him? He might not believe me, it is his brother after all. “Oh, you know. Just hit on me. So I hit back. With my fist.”

“Man, remind me never to get on your bad side.” He chuckled.

“Too late. You’re already there.” I informed.

“What did I do to make you so upset with me anyway?” He asked. I laughed. This was like something out of a movie. The part where I explained how he’d been acting and how it made me feel. But the thing about me, feelings and talking were not my cup of tea.

“How about some music.” I suggested, pressing the button to turn on the radio. The melody drifted through the car for a few moments, but Gavin pressed the button again, cutting the sound.

“If I never know, how am I supposed to improve?” He inquired, sneaking a glance in my direction.

His GPS belted a direction, making me jump.

“Shit, that thing is going to be the death of me.” I swore, placing a hand over my heart to calm it’s vicious pumping.

“Whatever.” Gavin muttered, turning the music back on, then proceeded to speak over it. “I don’t see why you won’t tell me. I’ve known you for like three days now and I have no clue who you are. I have no idea what I could have done wrong and your personality doesn‘t give me any hints.”

“And you’re supposed to know who someone is after a few days?” I questioned.

“Well you get an idea of who someone is. But with you, it’s like you have no personality. Bland as tofu, but at the same time, it makes me want to crack that shell of yours.” He explained.

“Seeing as how you’re not even my friend, I don’t see how you’d go about ‘cracking my shell.’” I countered.

“Most girls love to talk about themselves, like nonstop. But not you, not Mrs. Fiona Malone.”

“Maybe I’ve just been fucked over too many times to trust people.” I suggested, crossing my arms defensively.

“Could you tell me something little? Favorite band? Favorite color?” He pleaded.

“I don’t see why you’re so interested.” I admitted.

His eyebrows knit together, like he was deep in thought. Honestly, I didn’t feel that people needed to know all that much about me. I mean, the only reason Luna Mae knew everything about me was because she’d been my friend for a long time, before I stopped trusting people. I admitted it to myself too, letting people in scares me a bit. With every bit of information I give people, I just imagine them using it against me.

“I-I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” He said, unlocking the doors so I could get out of his car. I blinked. Did I make the arrogant, rich boy stutter? I probably just made him think too hard, that was all. I grabbed my backpack from the back seat and carefully exited the car, so as not to ding the expensive vehicle.

***

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My hand escaped the blankets to slam on the alarm clock, only sending it flying onto my face. I felt it crunch on my nose, yanking me from my groggy state. I threw the offensive item off me, somewhere where it made a crashing sound. My hand flew up to my throbbing nose as tears started to stream. I let out a frustrated growl, searching with blurry eyes for my ugly, black glasses. I grabbed them off my nightstand and put them on. Flinging my covers off, I swung my feet off the bed and clumsily made my way to the bathroom.

A fifteen minute shower, 5 minutes of searching for something to wear, 5 minutes of putting my contacts in, and 10 minutes of breakfast later, and I was off to school. I put my headphones in, turning my music as loud as I could handle. I stuck my hands in my pockets and waited. And waited. And waited.

I got a text from Luna Mae.

Did I miss the bus?

I haven’t gotten on yet either. I’ll just text Gavin to pick me up. You want in? I texted back.

Why not? was her reply.

I shot a quick text to Gavin, securing our ride. He was there to pick me up in about 10 minutes. I thanked him as I slid in, going on to recite Luna Mae’s address to put into his GPS.

“Nice bruise.” Gavin commented, eyes flicking to my face for a moment.

My hand flew to my nose immediately. I hadn’t looked at it since the alarm clock incident and I could only imagine what it looked like. I didn’t feel it anymore; the cold numbed pretty much my entire body, including my newest injury. I flipped the sun visor down, looking in the mirror at my terrifying reflection.

“Can go one day without getting an injury, can you?” He joked.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” I blurted. “I just wasn’t in a good mood after the hot glue incident. I’m surprised you even came to pick me and Luna Mae up.”

“Well, you welcomed me into your circle on my first day, it was the least I could do.” He shrugged. I felt better having his forgiveness. I wasn’t one of those girls who just used guys for their money, but I certainly felt like it, having him give me a ride and all.

We arrived at Luna Mae’s house a few minutes later and she hopped in, tossing her beg into the seat next to her.

“Nice car.” She complimented. “Bet it gets you all the ladies.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess my story doesn't suck toooooooooooo terribly. I'm updating by request, so this is dedicated to the 3 people who have commented and the 5 people who have subscribed. It honestly means so much when you comment, I get all giddy when I see that I have a new one. If you have any songs that you think would fit the song (any cute love songs/friendship songs) would be awesome! Thanks to all you author's notes readers :3

~Kylie