Status: Workin on it

Fight for my Freedom

1

Author's Notes:

I got bored and decided to make a story on this site. Tell me what you think.

Preface:

My name is Lake Brynn. I have no last name now because well..... I'll tell you in a minute. I've always had authority issues. I've never done well with being told what to do. That's the reason behind me becoming a lone wolf. My father was a very bossy man and he always got his way, until I came along. I defied him to no end. Of course we loved each other but we were always butting heads and I finally got sick of it after 17 years of fighting. So I left my old pack and dropped my last name. I know what you're thinking, "why would you leave when the only thing that has happened to you is a fighti with your dad?". Well lets just say he was starting to get violent to get his message across so I left before it could get worse.

Story Begins:

Today is the anniversary of the day I ran away. I am now 18 and have been living on my own in a small town called Foxfield, Colorado.

As I head to work I get stopped by my friend Alyssa. "Hey Lake!" She says with a smile on her face.

"Hey Alyssa, how are you?" I ask

"I'm great but I have to stay home from work today." She says with an eye roll.

"That sucks but why?" I ask confused

"Andrew is nervous about the baby." She says. She's been pregnant for 8 1/2 months and she's been having some problems.

"Ah, I'll see you later then. Well, this is my stop." I said sadly. I like my work but at the moment I wanted nothing more than to talk to my best friend.

"Okay, well love ya." She replied with a half smile.

"Okay well I'll be by there. Bye, Aly." I said as I walked into the restaurant.

"Bye bye!" She said as she turned in another direction.

~2 hours later~

As I was cleaning a table and grabbing my tip I heard the bell ring signalling that someone had just walked in. As I looked up I looked at the most handsome man I had ever seen. He had an aura of power and had pride radiating off of him in waves. He was obviously an Alpha. But he was with another man who looked a little scared at the moment.

He had dark hair and deep brown eyes that looked at Emily, the woman at the front desk. I heard him say in a deep voice "Hey, can we get a table?" I growled a little when he looked at her like that and I don't know why.

"Of course, handsome." Emily replied with a wink. Then she led him to my section and said "Can I start you out with anything to drink." As she said this she was pushing her chest out in a manner that looked like she was about to break her back. I would have laughed but for some reason I was really pissed off.

"I'll have a Pepsi and my friend will have a..." He trailed off as he turned his head to the blonde man sitting across from him.

"Oh! I'll have a Pepsi also." The man said quickly, looking down.

"Okay and your server will be Lake. She'll be right over." She said in a sickly sweet voice. As I went to go pick up menus to bring to the men, Emily walked over and slapped my butt. Emily and I are friends so this was usual to me. "Go get 'em, you lucky bitch." She said and winked at me and sauntered off.

I rolled my eyes but laughed all the same. I walked over with their menus and my heart squeezed when I got near the man.

"Here you go and I'll be right out with your drinks." He was staring at me as I talked with a twinkle in his eyes and a smile on his face. He growled a little bit. When I heard that I looked directly in his eyes and felt my heart stop for a second.

Oh shit. I thought to myself as I walked away. When I walked to get their drinks I was on the verge of tears. I had just found my mate and now I would be held back by yet another person. I couldn't let that happen. I had to run far away from here. When I saw Emily I ran up to her and she frowned when she saw a tear run down my face.

"What's wrong, Hun?" She asked with concern in her voice.

"I have to go. Don't ask why just go wait the tables for me and tell that guy that I'm gone, for good." I said with a hint of desperation seeping through my words.

"Uh...okay? I will but you be careful. I'll cover for you today." She hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you so much, Em." I said hugging her back.

With that I took off my apron and ran out the back door. As I looked back at the man I noticed he was staring at the door I had left in, expecting me to come out of it any second. When I saw Emily walking out with two sodas I started running faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Questions? Comments?