Status: Workin on it

Fight for my Freedom

2

As I ran I thought to myself. Why me? Why is it always me that gets screwed over?

As I thought this I thought about how happy Alyssa and Andrew were and how jealous I used to be. Then I remembered the first time my father hit me. I always push too far. All I do is fight everything. Its who I am and it would ruin any relationship. I can’t do that to my mate. And I sure as hell won’t do that to me.

I need to be out of town before he figures out where I live and tracks my scent to wherever I’m going. I think to myself.

Travis's POV:

When I saw her I felt my entire world crumble and build up again surrounding this girl. That other girl had said that her name was Lake. Lake. I thought to myself

When I saw the other girl come out with our drinks about 5 minutes later I was disappointed. What happened to my mate? Where is she? As I contemplated where she could be the other waitress walked up to us and set our drinks down.

“Listen, I don’t know what you did to her but she left.” She said glaring at me. With that she walked away.

No. No, no, no. This will not do. I’m sure it’s just because she hasn’t realized we’re mates yet. My wolf has a problem with wishful thinking so I corrected him

Then why did she look me in the eyes and leave. I stated more than asked.

My wolf had nothing to say to that so he just howled in misery. Neither of us knew what to do so we just decided to leave.

“We will continue this discussion later.” I said to William as I got up and ran out. I tracked her scent back to a small house and immediately thought Lake deserves better than this small house and a job as a waitress. When she comes back with me, I’ll give her everything she wants. I noticed her smell led to her house then to her neighbor’s house so I ran into her house first, just to see bags packed and waiting at the door. My heart fell and I wanted to cry more than anything. My mate didn’t want me, she wanted to leave me. As I stared down at the bags my mate had packed to get away from me I came to the conclusion that I would have to take my mate. She would come to love me and we would have beautiful pups one day, when she loved me.

Then she ran into the door and she sounded like she was booking a flight. When she looked at me she dropped the phone. I saw sadness and love in her eyes and it made me think that maybe there would be hope for us. Maybe if I didn’t see the panic there, etched in her face I wouldn’t feel even more broken though.

“I know what you were trying to do and I won’t let it happen. You are coming with me back to my home and my pack and you will stay there.” I said with a hint of a growl.

“No. I’m sick you trying to be the boss already. I see how this relationship would work out and I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit.” She replied with a glare in my direction.

“Lake! What in the world are we waiting for? He’ll be here soon!” I heard a voice yell as a woman walked into the house. “Oh… he’s already here.” She said as she stopped in her tracks.

“Leave now!” I yelled at her. She ran with her tail between her legs. I grabbed my mate’s arm and a back pack that seemed to have clothes in it for her to wear until I could trust her enough to take her shopping and started pulling her towards my car.

“No!” She screamed at the top of her lungs as she lunged out of my reach, grabbing the backpack on her way. She stumbled a little bit and then ran. I’ve never seen anyone run so fast, but I was still faster. That is, until she hit the woods and started taking her clothes off as she put the bag in her mouth. That’s when I was overtaken with pleasure and I slowed down a little bit. She turned into a wolf and quickly picked up enough speed to be out of my sight until I realized what had happened and I changed into my big, dark brown wolf. I ran as fast I have in my entire life times 2. I quickly caught her scent and ran in that direction.

Lake’s POV

As I ran I made fake trails, leading him in all different directions. I finally found a cave for me to stay in for a little while and I rested.

~2 hours later~

I woke up to an agonized howl coming from nearby. I then realized three things. One, my mate was howling. Two, my mate was very upset. And three, my mate was nearby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to SuperNovaEclipse
Btw this took a realllllly long time to type because I just got new nails. So be thankful :P