Status: Please comment and subscribe to our story

Our Lady of Sorrows

Ramblings

I lay in darkness thinking things over. My thoughts wandered back to the look in my baby brother's eyes as he unbuckled his belt and the tears started flowing, seemingly never endless. I chocked back a sob and got out of bed.

"Shit!"

I had gotten to the bottom step before i expected it and stumbled in the dark, catching myself on the wall next to me. I felt my way to the door and opened it. I left my key upstairs so I shoved a rock between the door to keep it open. I sat down on the curb and took out my pack of cigarettes, there was only three left, I sighed audibly and lit one up, taking a deep drag before wiping my eyes with my sleeve.

My thoughts strayed back to Mikey, and to Frank. Frank wanted to press charges but Mikey was my brother, a terrible one but still a brother and I could never press charges against him. He deserved punishment but I could never watch my brother rot away in a jail cell.

"What am I gonna do..."

I stubbed out my cigarette and walked back upstairs slowly, my mind going a hundred miles an hour.

"Gee baby what's wrong?"

Frank was laying in bed looking up at me, I shook my head and got back into bed, rolling over so he couldn't see my face.

"Hunny you know it's not your fault right?"

"Yeah I just don't know how to get over it." I said in a shaky voice as the tears rolled silently down my cheeks and onto my pillow.

Frank leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek, I sighed and closed my eyes letting sleep overtake me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Sorry this took so long but I'm gonna try updating as quickly as I can and I'm sorrry this chapter is crappy and short but it's my first one so bear with me.

Comment and subscribe!
~Katie