Status: Something New

Damon Salvatore Is A Monster.

Ding Dong

Golden sunlight danced on the other side of my eyelids, waking me from my heavy sleep. Consciousness slowly broke over my body; I laid in bed for a few minutes, trying to convince my limbs that it was the beginning of a new day. Granted, it was the beginning of the day that I will inevitably spent every second looking over my shoulder with paranoia, but I couldn’t hide in bed all day.

Slowly, I propped myself up on my elbows and looked around the room. Everything looked undisturbed, nothing out of place. I felt a big yawn coming on and I raised my arms over my head in a long invigorating stretch before throwing the covers off me and climbing out of bed. I had gone to bed in my underwear and my night gown was draped over the vanity chair, so I yanked it over my head.

Suddenly, the sound of the doorbell rung through the house. My heart leapt in my chest, fear pumping through me, but I realized I was being ridiculous. I may not know much about my dad’s side of the family, but I know enough to know that vampires don’t do daylight. It was probably the mail man or something. I threw a cardigan over my shoulders and strolled to the front door, tying my long dark hair into a messy bun. I grasped the door knob and threw open the door, emboldened by the yellow daylight.

My heart stopped for a few seconds before thundering in my chest at alarming speeds to make up for lost time. Damon stood just outside my door, the golden sunlight glistening on his skin, his devilish smile widening when he saw the fear on my face.

“Well aren’t you a sight for sore eyes. I just couldn’t keep you out of my head last night, you’re all I’ve been thinking about.” He said, his greenish blue eyes studying my face before falling onto my throat. I took a fearful step back as he strutted forward, leaning in my door frame.
“I see you’re all healed...” He said, his eyebrows twitching together. “So tell me, how is that possible? I ripped you open good last night and somehow, there’s not even a scratch.”

I clasped my hand over where he had bit me. “I’m a quick healer.” I said, glaring at him.

“Now that’s something we have in common.” He said, shifting his weight to his other foot. “So... how about you invite me in and we have a nice long chat about... you.” I glanced down at his feet and noticed all of his limbs were on the other side of the threshold. It looked like he couldn’t get in without an invitation.

“I’m actually quite comfortable right where we are, thanks.” I said, taking a brave step forward. Damon’s eyebrows drew together, his bright eyes narrowed at me with frustration. He leaned in as far as he could go, his pupils contracting as he stared deep into my eyes.
“Invite me in.” He breathed, his eyes penetrating and unblinking.

“No. Now get off my porch.” I said, gripping the door, ready to slam it in his face. There was confusion on his face for a split second, but it was replaced with his default devious smirk just as quickly as it appeared. He glanced down at his cell phone and slipped it back into his pocket, taking a step backward.

“Well, I have a prior engagement at Duke that I’ve got to get to, but I’ll be back by dark. See you tonight.” He said with a wink. And then right before my eyes he was gone, his vampire speed making him too quick for my eye to see.

I stood in the doorway a while longer looking around the front yard. My heart was still pounding from the encounter. Slowly, I shut the door and locked it. He wasn’t lying... He’d be back, I was sure of it.

Suddenly, my stomach broke my silent thoughts by letting out a ferocious grumble. I gave it a little pat and walked into the kitchen. Coolness drifted over my bare feet as I opened the refrigerator and took a peek inside. Other than condiments and blood, it was empty. I grabbed a bottle of blood and took a couple big swigs before heading for the bathroom. I needed to go grocery shopping and I felt disgusting.

The bathroom was thick with steam when I stepped into the hot and heavy spray on my shower. I let out a deep sigh when the hot water drummed against my neck and back. I turned and faced the spray, the water splattering on my face and flowing down my hair. I stood there for a long time, hoping I could wash Damon’s essence down the drain. My skin crawled when I thought about him, a violent shiver sliding down my spine. He terrified me.

Once I felt I had washed Damon’s presence off of me, I lathered my thick long hair with shampoo before massaging creamy conditioner into my roots. After I was thoroughly cleaned, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself up in a big fluffy towel.

Standing in front of the vanity, I quickly towel dried my hair and threw on some under wear. I unearthed a flowing summer dress rich with earth tones from my closet and pulled it over my head. My wet hair dripped down my spine, giving me goosebumps, so I gathered it over my shoulder and plaited it in a long loose fishtail braid.

Once I felt I looked decent enough to venture outside, I threw my wallet in a purse, grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and headed out the door. The sunlight instantly warmed my creamy skin, birds happily chirping in the over head foliage. After I locked the front door, I stood deathly still on my porch and perked up my ears. The sound of cars and people whispered in my ears while I scanned the area, trying to detect any hint of danger... but for now, it seemed, Damon was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think. Enjoy! :)