Status: DISCONTINUED

Brighter Than the Stars

Chapter 21: Careful What You Wish For

Zach’s POV

Half the day has gone by and it has been pretty uneventful. For our last day on tour this day has been so boring. Everyone is here for the show except Maddie and my mom, which had to stay because they couldn’t get out of work.

I got off my bunk and head towards the kitchen when I saw Kira staring at the computer screen smiling like an idiot. I grinned when I saw what she was looking at.

“OMG! Chester See is so hot! He is the sexiest man I’ve ever seen! Ahh, he is so perfect! He can act, sing, AND play the piano! He has the voice of an angel! I’m going to watch all his videos and never get bored. I’m in love with Chester See!” I said in a high pitch voice mocking her

“That is NOT what I sound like!” she complained looking at me with and annoyed expression

“That is basically what you do when you watch his videos.”

“That’s not true!”

“Yea it is, you bring out your inner fangril.”

“Pff, I am so not a fangirl.”

“Well, lately whenever you see him you get a dreamy look in your eyes.”

“But he is dreamy.”

I shook my head laughing at her “innocent” expression and began to walk away but she grabbed my hand and pulled me back, then had me sit next to her.

“You need to watch a video with me.” She said grinning, she made me watch a video when “her” Chester (like she calls him) began crying called I don’t understand, not gonna lie, I started to feel bad only to get to the end of the video and realize he was taking to a dog and the whole thing was a joke.

“Not funny.” I grumbled

“Aw did Zachy get sad?” she teased

“Pff NO.”

She made me watch more videos and before I knew it I was laughing so much that my stomach was hurting. All thanks to Little Kira I am now a Chester See fan.

“Soon she’s gonna forget all about us.” Michael said pouting

“Never!” she exclaimed

“I’m going out for a bit, I’ll be back soon.” I said jumping up

“Hey, Zach, wait up!” Cameron called out. I stopped walking and waited for him to catch up.

“Where are you going?” he asked, putting an arm over my shoulder

“On a walk to…” I said looking at him and smirked

“To where?”

“If you want to find out come with me.” I said, few seconds later he was by my side again

“You know, you could have just told me you were going for Fro Yo.” He said once we were standing infront of the frozen yogurt shop.

“Now, what’s the fun in that?” I grinned

“Whatever Zach.” He said pushing me aside, I rolled my eyes at him and followed him inside.

“Hey, are you ok?” Cam asked on our way back. I turned to look at him and nodded; I walked in silence and tried to listen to what he was saying but I couldn’t help feeling uncomfortable.

“Seriously, Zach, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing important.”

“Oh, c’mon, I know you better than that.”

“I just feel really uncomfortable; like someone is watching me.” I said quietly and looked around me

“I don’t see anyone but if you want let’s run and make it look like a race.” He looked around one more time then ran all the way back to the venue. I dropped to the ground once we were inside our room and he sat next to me, “That was a good run.” I got up and moved to a couch so I could take a nap.

I woke up some time later because I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from Cay telling me about her new job and wishing me good luck. With a sigh I got up and went to take a shower. When I got out I looked around only to realize everyone was gone. I sent a text to Mike asking him where everyone was at and he told me that they were getting everything ready for the show.

We were almost done setting up when I saw Taylor walking in my direction, she glared at me and pushed past me.

“Watch where you’re going!” I snapped

“Aw did Zach get hurt?” she mocked

“Why don’t you just go, no one wants you here.”

“You know what Zach? I hate you!”

“I would have never guessed.” I said sarcastically and rolling my eyes

“I hate you, Zach, I hate you so much! You are selfish spoiled little brat! You just HAVE to have everyone wrapped around your finger! You even had my parents doing whatever you asked! If your parents told you no, mine would tell you yes, that’s not fair! Like that time so many years ago when we were little you were a little brat, when your parents wouldn’t get you something what you do? You cry! You were just too adorable to be crying so MY parents would do anything so you wouldn’t cry! You can’t just get everything you want! It’s not fair that you get to live your perfect life! You’re not worth it, you don’t deserve anything! I hate you!” she yelled with all the anger she had towards me

“Maybe your life wouldn’t be so bitter if you stopped focusing on my life! If you would stop being such a bitch all the time you would realize that my life isn’t so perfect!”

“No, don’t you turn this against me! You think you are so important don’t you? But the truth is that you are dispensable. Do you really think you are that important in this band? Anyone can sing, it doesn’t take much to do what you do. You are not important at all and everyone is better off without you!”

“Whether I’m important or not it doesn’t matter because at least people like me for who I am, not hate me like they do to you!”

“Ugh, I hate you so much! The only reason I came is-”

“Because of Cam.” When I interrupted her she had a look of shock on her face, “I’m not stupid; I notice things, the only one who doesn’t notice anything is Cameron.”

“Why would I like him?” she asked faking indifference

“I don’t know, but I do know why he wouldn’t like you.”

“You don’t know anything! This isn’t about Cameron; this is about why you should disappear! You don’t deserve to be here! No one would care if you just dropped dead! I hate you! I hate you Zach! I wish you were gone!” she screamed and then ran off. I stayed where I was shocked by what she said. She wants me dead…

“Hey Zach, you alright?” Michael asked walking up to me

“Hm? Oh. Yeah, I’m fine, just thinking about stuff.”

“You look… a bit sad now that I think about it. Is anything wrong?”

“That’s not important, let’s get ready for the show of our lives!”

“Yeah! That’s the spirit!”

Cameron’s POV

We just finished the last song on set and I grinned so big my mouth hurt.

“Thank you, thank you for everything. We love you!” Zach shouted

“I gotta say, this was the best tour yet.” Michael said

One moment I was walking towards Zach to the center of the stage and the next he was on the ground with three gunshot wounds; one on his left shoulder, one on his abdomen, and another on his arm. I looked at him in shock then towards the direction the shots came from. I was consumed with anger and took off running only to be stopped by a security guy.

“Let me go!” I demanded through gritted teeth

“Our job is to keep you safe, I can’t let you go over there.” The man replied

“If your job is to keep us safe then why is my friend lying on the ground shot?” I through the radio I heard someone say they lost the shooter.

“This is your fault this happened! If you would have done your job right none of this would have happened!”

“Stop! Shut up, both of you! Zach is lying here barely hanging on and you’re fighting! Do something useful and call an ambulance!” Michael yelled, he was losing his cool, I could tell and I don’t blame him.

“Please hold on.” I whispered as I went to next to him then got up and ran to the greenroom. I looked all over the room then remembered we left our phones on the bus. I came in so fast that at first I had not seen Kira talking on her phone. I ignored her as she yelled at me for taking her phone. I called 911 and told them that someone was shot and we needed an ambulance immediately, when I have the address I was told that there had been over 100 calls to the same place.

“Cameron, what’s going on? You said someone was shot, I thought that was fireworks?” Kira asked when I gave her back her phone and tried to run back to Zach

“Something horrible happen Ki, we have to go, it’s Zach!”

“Zach? No… No! No, not him! NO!”

We knelt down beside Zach, I touched him gently and his eyes flickered open. I could tell he is in pain and I wish I could take it all away. His dad and his brother were also beside him holding on to his hand and Michael held his other hand, Brent and Dillon were encouraging him to not give up.

“You’re going to be fine, you are not going to leave me, you hear me? You have to stay awake Zach, please.” Kira pleaded with tears rolling down her face.

“T-¬t-te-tell… t-the-em… I’… S-s’rr-ry…‘m… h-h’-p-py… f-for… e-ev-ry… th-th-ing-” Zach whispered weakly before getting cut off

“There’s no need for that talk, you are going to be ok, I promise.” I replied brokenhearted

“P-pl-ease…” he whispered locking his eyes into mine. I nodded and turned to the crowed and they were crying and screaming as they were being evacuated. As I repeated to them what he told me to say I felt more tears falling.

“I-I-I… n-nee-d… to… t-tel-l… y-yo-u… g-guy-ys… I… I-I… lov-” he murmured

“Zach, please stop. You need to save your energy.” Michael said softly and Zach nodded slightly

“I love you, Zach, you’re my son and that makes you a fighter, don’t give up. We need you, please don’t leave us.” Mr. Porter pleaded

“Y-You have to promise me you’ll be o-ok.” Kira cried caressing his face

“C-Ca-an’t… p-p-pr-rom-mise.” His eyes were unfocused and that scared me

“I promised your mom I would take care of you. I’m so sorry I failed, please, Zach, don’t leave me.” Mikey pleaded. Zach looked surprised when Mikey said about what he promised. I watched Zach as he struggled to talk.

“A-a-s-sk… h-her… p-p-ro-m-mise.” Zach mumbled

“Ask who? Ask what?” Mikey questioned

“Y-y-you… k-k-kn-ow… w-wh-ho…”

“I-I can’t, Zach. I can’t do that.”

“Y-Ye-s-s…”

“How about I promise to do what you say. BUT only if you promise to get better.”

“C-c-ca-n’t… pr-rom-ise… t-th-at…” Mike decided it was better to drop the subject but he looked broken at Zach’s reply. I felt my chest tighten when he said he couldn’t promise to get better.

“’m… c-c-co-l-ld…” Zach said weakly

“Is that better now?” Mr. Porter asked after he put his sweater over Zach

“S-st-‘ll… t-t-too… c-c-‘l-ld…” he replied, barely audible. We were trying to keep pressure on his wounds and he was trembling uncontrollably, his eyes fluttered a bit then I realized he didn’t open his eyes again. I became really scared and my mind did not want to accept that he is gone. I felt as if time slowed down, everything besides Zach’s motionless body became blurry, and every noise became disoriented. I was screaming, begging him to wake up and the next thing I knew the paramedics were taking him away, loading him in the ambulance. His father didn’t want to let go of Zach’s hand, probably in fear that he would disappear, and got in the ambulance with him. I was overcome with desperation as I watched the ambulance drive off with my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know i know i havent updated in like forever ive been busy with school and watching tv and reading a whole bunch of fanfictions, ive actually wrote a bunch of chapters for my other Adub story and ive also been working on my other TVD stories i just didnt get around to typing
im sorry this chapter is super long i was supposed to start making them shorter but...