From The Stereo To Your Desktop

I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing

Ryan has always thought that complete darkness was interesting. You know, the darkness where you can’t tell whether your eyes were opened or closed. The kind that you only witness when you're camping in a tent and the only light that exists is the natural one that the stars give off. It could be peaceful, but at the same time horrifying. Ryan was always paranoid; not of the dark, but of when it was late at night, he was out in the middle of nowhere and he heard someone or something make a noise outside and he would think it was someone coming to try to kill him or something else unlikely.

It’s thoughts like this that made him stay up in the middle night, watching over Brendon, afraid that the boy may just disappear out of thin air. He would just sit there and watch Brendon’s chest rise and fall, sometimes trying to match his own breathing pattern with that of his boyfriend’s. Every so often Brendon would stir, and Ryan would have to adjust his position too so that he didn’t miss something.

There had been a couple times were Brendon woke up and asked Ryan what he was doing and Ryan would just place a kiss on Brendon’s cheek, and tell him to go back to sleep.

There was also one time when Ryan awoke from a light sleep, only to look over and see that Brendon was not there, a panic rushing over him that caused him to yell the other boy’s name. It was just after that Brendon walked back into the room, Ryan panting heavily, scared out of his wits that the only thing he had was taken away from him, and Brendon had just simply smiled and gave Ryan a peck on his lips, telling him everything was fine and not to worry because he wasn’t ever leaving.

The whole time they are dating, Ryan never sleeps well, fears that Brendon will just disappear and Ryan won’t know where he went. It’s not until their honeymoon night that Ryan is finally able to relax, to breathe, to sleep well, knowing that Brendon’s promise is true and that he won’t leave him.