Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!!!!

I Can’t Take Another Disappointment

Eight

Holly woke up later in the afternoon to find Ben shaking her. She groaned and pushed his hands off her and sat up.

“What are you doing?”

Ben pointed at the clock, “thirty minutes to tha stage.”

“Ah shit.” She groaned and quickly jumped up to grab one of her Asking Alexandria shirts, underclothes, denim shorts and a pair of red converse.

Holly changed in the bathroom, quickly doing her makeup and hair.

“Avenged already left, yeh can ride with us.” Ben held her silver drumsticks out to her.

She smiled and kissed Ben on the cheek, “Thanks Ben.”

He nodded and they walked out of the room together. There was a limo outside waiting to take them to the venue. The rest of AA was sitting inside of the limo drinking and laughing. They all made eyes at Holly and Ben as they entered the limo.

“What took yeh so long?” Sam snickered.

Ben shot him a look, “Nothing just shut yeh mouth, eh?”

The ride wasn’t silent but it wasn’t very loud either. Danny and Ben were about the only two that we’re actually social with Holly. Danny was very flirty and energetic but Ben seemed a bit standoffish with talking to Holly too much. He wasn’t acting like he had been last night. He wasn’t putting his arm around her or kissing her or anything. She sighed and faked a smile, wondering what she had done wrong.

***

As soon as they got to the venue, Holly flashed security her pass then headed to Avenged Sevenfold’s dressing room. When she opened the door she saw Brian strumming away on his guitar with Zacky. Johnny was drinking a bottle of Heineken and Matt was pacing back and forth talking on the phone asking someone if they knew where Holly was.

“Never mind.” Matt mumbled and hung up his phone before hugging Holly.

He released her a few minutes later than shook his head, “you’d better be pretty fucking great. You missed sound check.”

Holly nodded, “I am.”

She drummed against one of the table tops nervously. The way Matt kept glancing over at her made her even more nervous. Zacky handed Holly his headphones than went to talk to Matt. Once she had the headphones on and relaxed into the song that was playing he began to speak.

“Matt quit putting so much pressure on her. It’s her first time preforming with us. You know Jimmy wouldn’t want you putting so much on her.”

Matt thought about it for a few minutes then nodded, “Yeah. I guess you’re right.”

Matt hugged Zacky and then went over to Holly, taking the headphones off of her.

“Hey, you’re going to do great out there. Don’t even worry.” He smiled.

Holly smiled and wrapped her arms around him, “Thanks Matt.”

He nodded and was about to say something but there was a knock on the door. The door opened revealing Jason and Matt Berry. Holly screamed and jumped up, running into their arms for a hug.

“JB! Mattie!” She giggled.

Jason chuckled and hugged her longest, “Hey squirt, damn look at you.”

Matt sent the roadies a warning glare but they didn’t mind. Everyone knew that lil’ shades was off limits.

Mattie lifted Holly off the ground and kissed her cheek, “We missed ya, lil’ shades.”

“I missed you guys too. Wait does that mean that Dan, Za, and Pete are here too?” Holly asked remembering the rest of the A7X roadies.

They both nodded and Holly took off down the hall where she found them talking about something.

“Damn, the body looks sexy today.” She smiled, talking to Dan Abell.

Dan turned around and chuckled, “and lil’ shades doesn’t look so bad herself.”

Holly smiled and hugged all of them before turning around to hear Asking Alexandria’s set starting. She ran to the side of the stage and went into fan girl mode when she saw that they were playing To the Stage. Danny turned and saw her than got a smile on his face. He continued the rest of the song while Holly, Jason, and Mattie all watched. When the song ended Danny ran over to the side of the stage and grabbed Holly, dragging her out to center stage with him.

“Now listen here all yeh wankers! This is tha lovely Holly Sanders, Avenged’s new drummer and Shadows little sister, so yeh better be pretty fuckin’ nice to her. How about we give her a round of applause, yeh?”

Holly blushed as fans started screaming and whistling.

Danny chuckled, “Aw now I think we’ve gone and embarrassed her. How about we make it up to yeh, luv?”

“And how do yeh plan on doin’ that one Danny?” James spoke into his mic.

Danny looked towards the crowd and spoke into his mic, “Well how about we let Holly pick tha next song?”

The crowd went wild and he nodded, holding the mic out to Holly.

“We’ll I’d love to hear Someone, Somewhere. ” she smiled.

James stood up from his drums and Jason and Mattie came out onto the stage, handing Holly her drumsticks.

“What?” She furrowed her eyebrows, confused at what was happening.

James took the mic from Danny and beamed, “We’ll yeh know all of our songs right?”

She nodded and let him continued, “Well then, yeh can play your favorite song, luv.”

Holly took her drumsticks and hugged Danny and James before rushing over to the drums. She tested them out for a minute then nodded at Danny who started the first verse.

***

Matt groaned realizing that Holly had been gone for a while and they would be on stage as soon as Asking Alexandria played their last two songs. He and the rest of the guys headed out of the room and ran into Dan.

“Hey body, you seen Holly?” Johnny asked, downing the rest of the beer.

He nodded, “She’s on stage.”

“What?” They all exclaimed than ran to the side of the stage where James, Jason and Matt were standing watching the show.

They all watched in awe as Holly played her little heart out. She looked so happy and it was almost like she was glowing. Brian watched with a smile on his face. He knew that Ben wasn’t talking to her very much and it would only take a bit of sweet talking to get back into Holly’s head to make her his once again.