Life Happens

Un

I don’t know why I agreed to it. I mean he is my best friend and I would do anything for him but this would be uncomfortable to say the least. I don’t like being around people I’ve never met before…I don’t make friends easily. You could call is social awkwardness, being shy or whatever other terms people have come up with all I knew was that I sucked at being around people. Mike was one of the few people I’ve actually managed not to weird out with my awkwardness. It was probably because he was drunk when we first met but I try not to think about that little detail.

“You already said yes. So putting off your packing isn’t going to get you out of going.” Mike said a matter of factly as he looked up at me from where he was lying on my bed.

“I know I said yes but, I’m waiting for you to come to your senses and figure out how bad I’ll be at merch. Your fans will probably tear me to pieces.” I stated, getting up from my bed and pulling a suitcase from the closet.

“They probably will but at least you’ll get paid, right?” Mike chuckled, as he started tossing clothes into my suitcase. “Here, let me help you pack. Then you can help me pack later ‘cause I still haven’t done anything yet.”

“You do know we’re leaving in a few hours?” I mumbled, looking over at him questioningly but he refused to meet my gaze. I’ve been reminding him to start packing from the past few days.

“It’ll only take a few minutes.” He shrugged. “Plus, you never came over to help.”

“I was too busy trying to figure out a way to get out of going.” I smirked, tossing my favorite blanket into the suitcase. It’s like I was a five year old, in the sense that I could never sleep anywhere without it. The blanket was my little piece of home, a reminder of my family that I dreadfully missed.

“It’s going to be great, Grace.” Mike said, pulling me in for a hug. I only hoped he was right because I don’t think I could handle any more bad experiences in my life. “Just wait.”

“Whatever you say Mike.”

~ ~ ~


This was it. I was packed, Mike was packed and we were driving on our way to Mike’s parent’s house where the bus was waiting. Nervous didn’t even begin to explain the anxiety I was feeling. I had never met the guys in Mike’s band, except his brother once. He was nice enough but, I just don’t care for meeting new people. I hate change. I’d rather stay in my little comfort zone for the rest of my life. That would be ideal.

“We’re almost there, relax Grace. They guys are gonna love you.” Mike said reassuringly as he rubbed my shoulder.

“Okay…it’s just it’s not something I can turn off. I can’t help it.” I mumbled, looking out the window as we passed by building after building.

“I know Grace, I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've started this story up again. Leave me some nice things. I'd love the inspiration. :)