Life Happens

Deux

It’s like every bone in my body was itching to be back on the road. It’s the one place where I didn’t have to worry about anything but, music and friends. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin if Mike didn’t hurry and get here. Of course he’d be late for leaving, he was always late for everything.

“He’s not answering his phone.” Vic groaned, it was the tenth time he had tried to call to see where Mike was.

“It’s not like we need drums anyway.” Jaime joked, looking for laughs from us but, hardly anyone was in a joking mood with Mike being late.

“Goddamnit, Mike. I swear…” Vic mumbled under his breath as he paced by me for the millionth time.

“Hey look who decided to finally show up.” Casey laughed, trying to lighten the mood as Mike’s car pulled into his parent’s driveway. “Finally we can get on the road!”

“Let’s round ‘em up boys.” Jaime said, trying to usher everyone towards the bus. I stayed in my spot, leaning against the side of the bus, waiting to see Vic unload on Mike.

“Thanks for coming on time Mike. I really fucking appreciate it.” Vic growled, once Mike got out of the car and started to take the stuff out of his car.

“Whatever man, I had some things to deal with. Just drop it.” Mike said, trying to unload as quickly as possible.

“You knew what time you were supposed to be here. We were supposed to leave more than an hour ago.” Vic said, ignoring the multiple looks that Mike was throwing him.

“Tone, you think you can give me a hand with this stuff?” Mike called. I walked over, he tossed me a really girly looking suitcase and a couple bags. “Put them in the empty bunk on the bottom of mine.”

“You don’t have to carry those.”

“What?” I mumbled, turning around to see a girl I’ve never met before.

“I can carry my own bags, it’s okay.” She said, avoiding my gaze as she grabbed the suitcase out of my arms. I let her grab them as she walked past me and towards the bus. Mike and Vic were still arguing, so I followed her with the rest of the bags. This must’ve been the girl Mike told us about. After Mai cancelled on us for this tour, we weren’t sure we’d be able to find a decent merch person on short notice but, Mike vouched for this girl. I just couldn’t remember what her name was…

“Hey, you must be Grace.” Jaime said, cheery as always, once we walked onto the bus. “I’m Jaime.”

Of course, he’d remember her name…

“Yeah, nice to meet you. Do you know where I can put this?”

“I’ll show you where.” I mumbled, walking around her towards the bunk area. “You’ll be right under Mike’s bunk, right here.”

“Thanks,” She said, gently putting her things down as I handed her the other bags and walked back towards the front of the bus.

“So what do you think?” Casey asked, before I even had the chance to sit down. I looked over and shrugged my shoulders. I wasn’t going to talk about her when she was just a few feet away. Plus, I didn’t even know what I thought about her. She was probably just another one of Mike’s flings.

“She seems alright,” Jaime mused, playing with something on his phone. “Mike said she’s cool.”

“Let’s get the fuck outta here.” Mike said, walking onto the bus with Vic on his heel.

“Finally,” Vic mumbled, plopping down in-between Jaime and myself. Seemed like he got all the yelling out of his system. “So where’s Mike’s girl?”

“They’re dating?” Casey practically yelled. I figured that much, Mike didn’t have friends that were girls.

“I thought so,” Vic said, pulling a MacBook out of his backpack. “So where are the love birds?”

“I left her by her bunk.” I mumbled, looking over at the guys. “She’s been back there since.”

“Mike’s back there too.” Jaime said suggestively. God, this was going to be an awkward tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first couple parts are shorter than normal, fyi. Anyway, tell me what you think so far.