Status: Active

If I Only Had The Heart

One

Alaine:

"No, I'm done. Completely done," my voice was shaking, yet I tried to sound and remain calm, "And we-- we're done." As soon as those words left my lips, my gray eyes just stared down at my phone. I can't take it. I just couldn't take it. I'm done. Who would have known that my relationship of almost one year could come to an end in a minute. I need to get out of here. Arizona had most definitely changed me. I was weaker than I was before and needed out. Now. I ran into my room and packed most of my stuff into the suitcases that I had brought with me here almost two years ago. My room was practically empty by the time I've finished. I quickly scribbled a note to my sleeping best friend/roommate and headed towards my car. After throwing my bags into the car, I started up the engine and left.

The Arizona sun was shining down on me and here I was trying to escape it. My droopy eyes glanced at the clock, which read 12:53 pm. I had been driving around for a good 4 hours, but haven't slept at all the night before. I pulled over at the closest gas station, filled up my tank, and grabbed my phone. I slid my finger across the screen and looked through all of the notifications on my phone, including the 19 missed calls from my now ex-boyfriend. Annoyed, I scrolled passed the notifications and called the person who would understand me the most.

"Uh-- hello?" his voice was groggy as if he had just woken up.

"Jooooosh, I'm heading over there. Right now, so ready or not, here I come," a smile appeared on my face. There was rustling in the background as soon as I finished my sentence.

"What? You're coming? Right now? To California?" I could practically hear him running around the small house we used to share at the beginning of college, "Well shit, alright, Laine. How far away are you?"

"Maybe a few hours; I just stopped for gas." I jumped back into the car and let the engine roar to life. "I'll see you in a bit." I hung up my phone only to find a few new text messages. Before I had pulled out, I looked at the text messages, then threw the phone on the seat beside me and left.

John O'Callaghan: Alaine, I'm sorry. I fucked up. Please, just talk to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Starting up a new story. Whoop whoop!
Expect updates/changes/character page up soon.
Still trying to figure out how to put everything together, so bear with me. (:

Comment &&& Subscribe. Feedback is appreciated. (:
-- The comments &&& subscriptions motivate me to write &&& update.
HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE ;D