‹ Prequel: Deamon Shutters
Status: Active~

Shattered Lens

Ten

I couldn't make out who it was. It looked a lot like Vivi. I edged back.
"Lucy, you're not supposed to be here." the voice came to me and I recognized it. "Cross back. Hurry." I jumped again and turned around. I went through the curtain and into the other shop, towards the couches, where Shiro was waiting for my return. I looked back at Ame, who stepped in behind me.
"Ame, what was that little doll?" I asked. She put some of the blankets she was carrying down.
"To be honest, I don't know. There was this woman in a cloak that brought it to me. It was weird, but she said that it had some mystical powers to it, so I kept it." she told me. "Why?" she asked.
"It was.. Calling out to me." I told her. She hummed.
"That's odd." she mumbled. "But anyways, don't wander into the other shop without me or another demon. We could get in real big trouble if you'd have been caught." she said, in a scolding manner.I nodded.
"I'm sorry." I told her. She smiled a little.
"It's okay!" she said, sitting on the ground. "You know what I decided? We should have a sleepover."
"A sleepover?" I asked.
"Yeah! We could spend the night here and I can keep you company!" she suggested. I hummed, showing her a debating look.
"I think.." I drifted off. "I think that that's an awesome idea." I said, smiling.
we spent the rest of the night talking. She told me about the Demon world and I told her about my world. She seemed really interested, so I promised her that I'd take her to a cafe tomorrow. Eventually, I fell asleep, Shiro at my side.
In my dream, I saw that doll again.
"What's your name?" it asked. I was sitting in front of it.
"Lucy. My name is Lucy." I responded. There was no facial expression change on the doll, but it hummed and slightly nodded. "What about yours?" I asked. A faint figure of a snake rose up out of the back of the doll, as if trying to slither upwards, but remained in the same position.
"My name.. My name.. Is Haku."
"Haku?" I repeated. The doll nodded slightly. "That's a nice name. I like it." The doll nodded once more. Slowly, the faint snake disappeared and the doll started to fade away.
"Good bye.."
I opened my eyes. It was morning. I sat up. Ame was still sleeping and someone was knocking at the door. I gently shook her.
"Ame. Ame. Someone's at the door." she groaned, rolling around.
"It's too early to be up and awake. Go tell them we're closed." she said, rubbing her eyes. I stood up and went to the door, unlocking it.
"Sorry, but, we're-" I looked at the person. "V-Vivi." He was out of breath. He looked exhausted, like he didn't sleep all night.
"I finally.. Found you.." he said between breaths. He put a hand on the door frame, holding himself up. "I was so.. worried." he muttered. He rose a hand to my head and ruffled my hair.
"Vi-Vivi.." tears welled up in my eyes.
"You are troublesome.. Just like your parents said you'd be." he said, moving his hand down to my shoulder and pulling me to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I couldn't help but hug him back and began to cry. "I'm reallly sorry, Lucy. I really am." he mumbled over my head. I could hear his heart beating. It was a quiet, quick pulsing.
"It.. It's okay." I said. "I'm sorry too." he smiled and let me go. Ame was leaning against the door.
"Well, looks like things got better." she said. I turned to her. "Although you could've called instead of waking me up like that. Geez." she said, yawning.
"I wasn't thinking." he said. "I'm sorry." she chuckled.
"Now, that's enough. No more apologies. Go home. Sleep. Eat breakfast." she said and leaned into the shop. "Shiro! Lucy's leaving!" there were several barks and then Shiro came running out.
"Thank you for letting me spend the night." I told her. She smiled and nodded.
"Anytime." she said. "If you ever need some help, just come visit big sister Ame, okay?" I nodded, smiling.
"Okay." I said. She hugged me and watched us go on our way.