‹ Prequel: Deamon Shutters
Status: Active~

Shattered Lens

Nine

"Come on Shiro." We were walking along the park. Shiro whined a little. "I don't know where we're going.." I muttered, lookking down at him. His ears flattened. "I'm sorry I dragged you along with me." he barked. "Shh." He lowered his head and barked quietly. I smiled weakily.
We kept walking until we heard some shouting in the street.
"But listen Miss-"
"I don't want to listen! You can't ask me for something if you can't pay for it!" A woman's voice.
"I-I could pay you in other ways!" the man replied.
"No! Get out of my sight and out of my store. I don't ever want to see you again." I saw someone being pushed out into the street. The man fell on the ground then scrambled up, running away. I looked at the woman.
"Ame?" I asked. She turned.
"What?" she snapped. She looked at me for a while. "Oh Lucy!" she went to me.
"Hi." I told her. She smiled, bouncing to me.
"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was handling a difficult customer." she said, rolling her eyes.
"It's okay." I said, chuckling a little. She laughed a little and looked behind me, humming.
"Where's Vivi? Did he not come with you?" she asked. I looked down.
"I left the house with Shiro." I said quietly.
"Oh." she put a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, let's go inside."
We went inside. She sat me down and gave me some tea.
"Thank you." I said, taking a drink. She sat across from me.
"So, what happened to get you out the house?" she asked.
"Um.. I've been going out of the house lately and I made a friend." I told her. "I didn't tell anyone that I would go out. Then when Vivi found out, he started to order me to go home and say that I need permission.. So I got mad."
"I see." she said. I nodded a little.
"I went to the house and Felten tried to calm me down. I threw my camera and broke it. Afterwards, Shiro helped me out the window, and I came here." she sighed.
"Stupid Vivi. I'm sure that they're all looking for you. Why don't you back?" she asked. I shook head.
"I don't want to go back. Let me stay here for the night, please?" she put her cup down.
"Well, I'm not so sure if you could stay with me, since my home is in the demon world.." she trailed off. "I could get in trouble for bringing a human." Shiro whined.
"I could stay over here. If you could get me some blankets, I'll just sleep on one of the couches." I told her. "I don't mind."
"Well, if you don't mind.." she stood up. "I'll be right back." she went behind the counter and through that curtain. That curtain that connected to that world. Looking away from that, I looked around the shop. It looked as colorful as the firsrt time I was there. Shiro walked around, sniffing. I followed him, looking at everything she had.
"Hey.. Girl." I looked around. Am I hearing things? "Girl." I stopped, looking around.
"Do you hear that?" I asked, looking at Shrio. He perked his ears up. "It's a voice." I told him. He looked up at me and whined a little.
"Come behind the curtain." I looked towards the curtain. It isn't Ame that's calling me. I was going towards the counter. "Behind the curtain.." Shiro whined. I moved the curtain and walked through. The dark store.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Over here.." I followed the voice. It was somewhere around the counter that was in front of me. I moved around the counter and found a doll. It was of a small boy. The doll had white hair, outstanding green eyes, and black little wings. It had a soft red glow to it that attracted me. I got closer and closer, my hand almost touching it.
"Lucy." I jumped and pulled my hand back. I turned around and stared at a black figure.