He's coming

A shadow

It was a darkened street, the only light being from the moon. Clouds had infested the sky; black, thick and angry colours. As the wind blew through me, it's harsh touch made my skin tingle. My footsteps echoed on the pavement, as each foot touched cement it sent splashes of old rain up my trouser and sneaking sideways into my trainers.
Soon my sock absorbed the liquid, making my feet change sounds.
The weather had gotten pretty bad recently and tonight was no exception.

As my body shivered from the cold, a shadow caught my eye from the left side of me.
I snapped my head to the direction, but nothing but an old steel bin sat on the edge of the kerb. I squinted, trying to see past the rain and fog.
My walking became to an almost stand still as I waited for another shadow.
After 5 minutes, I decided to move on and blame my paranoid mind on what I thought I had encountered.
I kept my eyes on the ground, gripping what material I had around me.
The street lights were dimming. I didn't feel alone anymore.

My breaths became irratic as a shadow creeped into my eyeline once more.
I kept walking, not really wanting to know what it may be.
A dark mist circled around me. The wind no longer felt cold; It felt like ice...Ice dragging across my pimpled skin.
I closed my eyes, trying to be ignorant to my surroundings.
As i shut my eyelids, the feeling of lips touched my earlobe. My eyes snapped open,
Nothing.
Suddenly the hard ground I walked on, didn't feel so stable. My feet began to wobble as the ground shook. With eyes wide, I watched it crack, seperate beneath me.
I ran as fast as I could. In one swift fall, my foot collapsed under me.
My heart coming up through my throat, I gripped the only piece of cement I could grab.
I hung over what seemed a firey pit.
As small tear slid from my lid and leaked down my face in fear; Fear he had come for me.
So many years it had been! Surely he had forgotten...

As I clung to dear life, I slowly pulled my body up and rolled on the now stable ground.
I leant over the edge and just stared into the pit of hell.
It was my time I knew it, But every part of me wasn't ready.

A low grumble rocked the earth. A whisper rushed past my ears speaking my name.

This is the story of how I became, transformed! into him.
He is with you too. In the shadows, in the dark corners of your mind.. The tingles upon your skin late at night? That's his breath. Waiting for his oppurtunity to take you...