Another Seguin Story...

Practice makes perfect

Next morning, I got a text from Kyle asking me if I wanted to praictice with the Bruins.

Kyle. I’ve known Kyle for my whole life. He was my teamate and a family friend. My mom is really close to his mom Katrina. Katrina was the daughter of the Bruin Coach Claude Julian. Their family adopted my mom into their family . Kyle was a brother to me.

And oddly enough, we were both born about 9 months after the Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 2011. Gross.

I used to practice with the Bruins when I was younger, I was “cute”. But after a while my Dad told me it be better if I didn’t come with him. But right now I didn’t care. All I wanted to do was see Carson. And maybe just maybe my dad would see how much better I’ve gotten. Plus I missed skating with the Bruins.

Kyle picked me up. I got into his car. He coughed, "Look who it is, the allstar in the flesh"

I laughed and pushed his shoulder, "Shut up" I said jokingly. "I'm sorry I should've opened the door for you... I mean you're like Gretzky now"

"So Kyle why did you invite me?" I asked. And I wondered because he's never really asked me before. "Because I want you to help me with my accuracy."

I just smiled. Kyle is awesome. I love him so much. But that kid has his head in the clouds. He thinks he can get any girl he wants and acts like hes the best on the ice, and for him to ask me for help. That’s a milestone.

We got to the rink. I said hi and gave all the familiar faces hugs. They were all so happy to see me. Besides of course my Dad, Tyler Seguin.

“Scarlet, what do you think you’re doing here? This is my job not some free skate”

“Kyle invited me here. I can do whatever I want” I said defensively

“Whatever just don’t distract anyone, especially not Carson- we need him”

And he skated off. Why did he mean by that? He doessn’t know about Carson and I having a thing. As I turned around Carson was there. God he looked so hot in his uniform.

“Hey Scarlet” He smiled. “Are you practicing with us today? I sure hope you are.”

I blushed, “Yes I am”

“As long as you’re eyes aren't too much of a distraction I think we’ll be okay.” He smirked

The Bruins, coach Claude Julien made us race each other down the rink and back.

First he called up Kyle and Carson to race. They were laughing the whole time. But as expected Carson beat him, but barely.

Claude yelled, “Alright Ms. Hattrick and senior Seguin, lets go”
It felt like my guts were about to spill over. Me racing my Dad? No way would my dad be okay with that. But when I looked over at him, it didn’t seem to phase him. He looked focused and ready to go.

Coach Claude blew the whistle. I did hard sprints on the skates. And soon enough I reached the goal line. I turned around and my dad was a good 15 yards behind me. I was shocked. My dad was reaching 40 and close to retirement and never declined in talent. But I didn’t think I beat that badly. I turned around to see the rest of the Bruins team. Everyone was dead silent.

I heard a “Holy shit” among the crowd. I looked at my Dad who was obviously upset. Kyle tried to break the silence with a “WOOO!!! YEAH SCAR”

And the Claude called up the next two people

We got changed and ate.

I walked out with Carson out of practice.

“Scar, you realize you showed up your dad in front of like everyone, don’t you?”

I laughed, “That was the purpose, he’s an ass”

We walked out the doors into the crisp air, where a handful of Bruin fans were waiting for signatures and pictures. Everyone was staring at me with the obvious question on their minds. “Who is this girl? Why is she with Carson. Are they dating?”

Until a guy, maybe a Dad came up to me and said “Great game last night Scarlet, I heard it on the radio”

I was humbled. “Oh thank you very much”

Then he pointed at me and announced, “This is Tyler Seguin’s daughter”

Great. Exactly what I wanted to be known for.

Then everyone started to lighten up and said hello. The teenage girl’s faces were swooned by Carson. Awkwardly flirting with him. Until he grabbed my hand and said,

“Alright I’m done Scar lets go”

I could feel the jealousy of the fans by their whispers. His hands were so warm in the cold air.

We got into Carson’s car. He didn’t turn on the engine.

“Scarlet, I really enjoy getting to know you. I mean you’re so stunning. And honestly seeing you kill it on the ice...is so hot, I’m really glad I met you” He smirked and moved my hair behind my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I appoligize I haven't updated in forever! But since its summer I will update way more often and probally finish it up before summer ends. I hope you're enjoying this story please leave feedback, comments, predictions etc. And please subscribe! xoxo

Heres a character summery:
Scarlet: Main character, daughter of Tyler Seguin and Taylor Seguin
Tyler Seguin: Dad of Scarlet and nhl player
Taylor: Wife of Tyler Seguin
Carson: Rookie Bruin's player and Scarlet's love interest
Riley: Scarlet's best guy friend and teammate
Kyle: Good family friend to the Seguin's and Claude Julien's (B's coach) grandson and teamate
Luke: Random teamate (irrelevent)