Status: Ready To Go

Colour

Get Out

Image

It was the last weekend we had to prepare for our performance on Monday and to be honest it was the last thing I felt like doing. I had been fighting with my parents because Josh had come over to the house again and they really didn’t like him. I on the other hand didn’t care what they thought of Josh at this point he was the only thing that was keeping me sane.

As my luck had it though my parents left Saturday morning and were spending the weekend in a hotel in central London, apparently they needed some quality alone time.

That meant that I spent all morning laying around the house doing nothing, because lets face it I haven’t really made any effort to make any friends in this place. Yes maybe that was wrong on my part, but I just didn’t feel the need to be connected to this place or its people. I felt like maybe this was just one more stop on my road to something better.

By three in the afternoon Josh had come over bearing his acoustic guitar and a bottle of imposter wine.

“What the hell is this?” I laughed at him as he offered it to me.

“Well you see I was going to bring a bottle of lovely wine and we could get pissed and relax. And then I actually thought about it and was like, hang on my dear Nina can not drink and I sure as hell am not going to get drunk on my own so the next best thing.” He presented it to me again like he was in a commercial.

“Come on you moron,” I said ushering him into the house.

“I do something considerate and I’m a moron?” He questions accusingly

“A very sweet one.” I correct as we plonk on the couch with two wine glasses and our sheets on lyrics and guitar notes and between the two of us and a bottle of alcohol free wine, that really just tastes like grape juice we finish the song.

Hours passed and we still lay out on the couch we had finished an extra large pizza between the two of us. Well josh ate most of it I played with my phone while he flicked through channels.

“Hey Nina, have you know ummm…. heard from him again?” He asked quietly, nervous.

“No.” I told him I hadn’t and for some odd reason that was starting to scare me.

“Really?” This question startled me

“Yes really can we not talk about it?” Maybe it seemed as though I was trying to change conversation topics fast, maybe it seemed suspicious but I just didn’t want to think about it.

“Why not?” He was persistent

“Because Josh can’t you just drop it?”

“Let me look at your phone then.” I stopped dead

“Are you being serious?” I asked

“Well you won’t tell me anything that’s going on, you always avoid the topic. I just want to know what’s going on and I think your not telling me things anymore, and I don’t know why but I don’t like it.” His words came out fast and harsh, I hated the sound. It made me wonder if Josh really was like Neil after all.

“Cause I hate how involved you are, it’s smothering and unnecessary I can handle it all on my own.”

“Oh yea cause that seemed to work out so well for you the first time.” He spat and that was it. I couldn’t look at Josh as a single tear rolled down my cheek that had hurt.

“Get out.” I mumbled before another tear fell.

“Nina I’m sorry.” He mumbled realizing what he had said. But it was too late now he had said it. I shook my head.

“Just get out Josh.” I was sterner this time I had wiped my tear and my voice didn’t shake.

And he did as I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment let me know what you think, this is almost over.