Status: Ready To Go

Colour

Just For Me

Image

Somehow before Saturday rolled around Emma had convinced me to go to the party Josh had invited me to, as long as I bought her along. And I defiantly was not going to go alone.

So Saturday night I got ready, lightly curled my hair and left my makeup simple, slipping on a littleyellow dress . This was not my normal party attire back in Australia it used to contain much more makeup and fewer clothes. But everything had changed since then.

I picked Emma up on the way putting the address Josh had written down for me into my GPS. The house was huge and the music was loud as we pulled up.

“Have you been here before?” I asked Emma

“Yea a couple times, these parties are usually pretty crazy.”

“Great.” I sounded horribly sarcastic and Emma just laughed.

Walking into the house there were people everywhere and the place smelt awful, but I did notice a small stage set up in the middle of the living room, at least Josh wasn’t lying.

Emma and I walked around for a little bit exploring the house; we headed outside for a while to get some air.

“I’m gonna grab a drink, do you want anything?” She asked

“No I’m fine for now.” I told her.

“Okay I’ll be back.”

I felt so awkward in my own skin, I used to be the life of the party, and I can hold my drink pretty well and beat almost anyone in beer pong. And here I was at a party, not drinking, not dancing; I don’t know anyone and I don’t even want to be here.

“Hey, you showed.” It was Josh; he was loud and obnoxious.

“Yea.” I sounded bored and rolled my eyes turning away from him a little.

“Do you want a drink?” He asked

“No thanks.” I replied

“Come on Nina, relax a little have a drink.” He tried handing me something that smelt like vodka.

“I don’t want anything Josh I’m fine.” I wouldn’t take the plastic cup out of his thrusting hand.

“What are you too good for all of this or something?”

“I just don’t want a drink, stop trying to fucken force it down my throat, just lay off.” I yelled at him storming off to find Emma.

“Where are you going?” He yelled after me pulling me back.

“I’m leaving, I didn’t want to come in the first place, I just thought I would hear your band play, but I’m not putting up with this.” I tried snatching my hand back.

“Okay I’m sorry, just stay Nina…please. I really want to know what you think of my music” I nodded.

“Yea okay, I’m going to go find Emma.” I told him and he let me go this time.

No more then half an hour later a crowd started to form around the little stage, where a scrappy looking drum kit stood. I heard his voice before I saw him.

“Uuummm, so we are ‘You Me At Six’ hope you like our music.” He spoke into the microphone as the music from the stereo speakers stopped and a guitar riff started up.

I sat kneeled up on the kitchen counter to get a better view of the band, to get a better view of Josh. I didn’t expect that voice to come out of him.

“Those eyes you bought have gone to my head
But they won't take you to my bed
You talk a good game
But girl you've been played
Look at this shade you choose to play
The towns talk keeps me up to date
We will never be the same”

They played a few more songs, and I couldn’t take my eyes off him, when he sung you could tell he was having fun, he seemed free maybe liberated, I felt free when I heard him sing.

Though the night continued and Emma forced me to dance a little, she introduced me to a couple people, but I didn’t take much notice of them by 1am we were headed out the door. Emma a little drunk got into my car and realized she had left her bag on the couch inside.

“I’ll be right back you stay here.” I told her I wasn’t going to try and get her into the car again a drunken Emma was difficult.

I thought I had a pretty good idea of where her bag was and headed straight for the couch, looking forward to getting out of here.
Knowing it had to be on the couch somewhere I searched under all the pillows and bellow all the wedges in the couch, coming up successful.

“Wow, bend over again.” I heard a voice slur. I chose to ignore him pushing past him with the bag in hand.

“Hey, hey, hey come back here.” He laughed pulling me back to him; I could smell beer clear on his breath.

“Don’t fucken touch me.” I yelled at him, this time when he pulled me back I could smell the weed.

“Sweetheart you don’t just bend over like that and then not expect something to come of it.” He laughed again, backing me into a wall.

“Fucken let go.” I was screaming, he was scaring me.

“Hey Steven, don’t fucken touch her, she’s mine.” I heard his voice from right behind me and it made me relax a little, even though I knew it shouldn’t have.

“Right sorry Josh.” He let go, and I feel back into Josh a little. He put his arm around my waist supporting me.

“Don’t ever touch her again”. With that he lead me out the front door of the house.

We stopped standing in the middle of the front lawn for a moment.

“Thank you.” My voice was quiet, and I ran my hand threw my hair closing my eyes for a moment.

“You alright Nina?” He asked sincere gently touching my elbow.

“I’m fine.” I nodded

“He didn’t hurt you did he?” He asked and I shook my head “He was just drunk.”

“And high.” I finished for him, he nodded.

“Do you want me to drive you home?” He asked.

“And how much have you had to drink, are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home?”

“That’s it she’s back,” He laughed “Your witty again.” He laughed, I felt my walls go back up around me, I was coming too close to letting this boy see me. “I’m fine though if you do want a lift.”

“I’m fine Josh my car is just there.” I pointed before heading towards it.

“By the way” I yelled walking backwards-facing Josh. “I am never coming to another stupid party because of you ever again.” He laughed at me.

“You came just for me how sweet.” He chuckled he had the sexiest smirk. “What do you think of my music though?” He yelled.

“I’m gonna let you sweat over that one for a while” I laughed before getting in my car.

There were three different tones to Josh’s voice, first when he was being obnoxious it was almost smart-ass but very charming. Second when he was sincere you could tell he meant every word he said. And third when he sung, you could tell he was having fun, that he meant what he said and still saw his charm poke out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now that i have finished my story Wander this is my main focus. Let me know what you think, let me know why you think Nina has seemed to changed so much since she moved from Australia.