Status: Ready To Go

Colour

Such A Hard Time

Image

Friday night I ended up at the club Josh was playing at even though I repeatedly told myself it was a bad idea. The guy at the door didn’t question me or ask for id and I was thankful cause I didn’t know what I was going to tell him if he did.

I found a seat at the bar and ordered a coke sitting with my back to the bar I watched the place around me. Slowly but surely it was packing out, Josh found me walking over with a girl holding onto his arm clearly trying to not lose him in the crowd.

“Hey.” He said reaching me “You continuously surprise me by actually showing up to my gigs.”

“Well I told you I would be here.” I corrected

“This is my sister Elissa by the way, El this is Nina.” He introduced

“Hi,” She held out her hand for me to shake “You’re like stunning, no wonder Josh keeps talking about you.” She laughed as Josh blushed.

“Thanks Elissa, remind me to never take you anywhere ever again.” He laughed and I smiled at the two having siblings must have been nice. “Anyway I go on in a couple minutes so you two stick together, look after her.” He threw at his sister talking about me. He left with a wink and a smile.

“Oh my god, my brother totally has the hots for you.” Elissa laughed

“He does not, he just knows I don’t like this sort of scene.” I told her and I wasn’t sure if I was defending Josh or myself.

“Yea, whatever you say.” She laughed

The boys went on shortly after and with Elissa dragging at my hand we managed to get up close to the stage. Watching them perform at an actual venue where the lights displayed on them and the sound came through clear over the chaos of the pub was amazing. It was such a different atmosphere and the boys lived up to the standard making people who had probably no idea who they were fall in love with them. Josh was so charismatic on stage and didn’t let the fact that no one really new who they were affect his performance. He found me in the crowd and winked I couldn’t help but shake my head at him smiling all the while.

“How can you seriously tell me there is nothing going on between you two?” Elissa yelled in my ear, I just shook my head again.

Josh came over after the show and Elissa instantly wrapped her arms around him she was such a proud sister.

“You did really good.” I smiled at him a little shyly, I wasn’t used to complementing him.

“Well thank you Miss Davis.” He laughed, “I want to introduce you to the rest of the boys.” He said pulling me in one direction my hand instantly latching onto Elissa as he called out to the boys.

“Nina, this is ‘You Me At Six’, you could see how excited he was it was cute to watch. “Okay so Nina this is Max, Matt, Dan and Chris. Guys this is Nina and if you’re not careful I might have to start a band with her instead.

I shook my head, “You would never be so lucky.” I laughed

“Is that so?” He asked

“Yes” I replied cheekily I think we were amusing the rest of the band

“I think we should celebrate, you ladies care to join us for a drink?” Asked Max

“You kids aren’t even old enough to drink.” Laughed Elissa

“Well they let us in didn’t they?” He retorted

Josh looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer, I had had a good night so far couldn’t I just go and sit with them and have a coke and maybe make a friend or two? I questioned myself; I hated this so I decided I would try for once to make friends.

“Okay.” Josh’s smile at my reply was huge and I chuckled as Dan led the way to a booth in the back of the pub. “I’m still not drinking.” I whispered to Josh who just held his hands up in defense.

We all sat in a booth in the back and Max decided that we all needed a drink, I politely declined declaring that I needed to drive and would just have a coke. It passed but you could tell by the look on his face he thought it was strange. By round two Max wasn’t buying the driving excuse.

“Just have one.” He said

“No I don’t really drink sorry.” But he kept persisting

“What are we not good enough for us, you can’t have a drink with us?”

“That’s not it at all I just don’t drink, I’m more then happy to sit and talk but I don’t need to drink.”

“Josh, your girl is fucken weird.” He wasn’t even joking about it he was dead serious and he sounded horrible. I no longer wanted to be there.

“I’m just going to go okay, Josh I’ll see you later, Elissa it was nice meeting you.” I offered

“Nina please?” Josh pleaded I could tell he didn’t want me to leave. Sorry I mouthed at him before walking out.

I made it as far as my car before Josh’s mate Dan stopped me.
“Hey Nina, wait up.” He called.

“What are you doing?” I asked of all people to come after me this was weird.

“I got sent out to stall you while Josh has a go at Max.” He chuckled

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean you ruin you guys night.” I said feeling suddenly embarrassed.

“You didn’t love, Max can be a prick when sober so that makes him even worse when he has had a few drinks in him.” He told me I nodded.
“Hey, you know Josh likes you right, so don’t give him such a hard time.”

I looked up at Dan a little baffled

“What?” I asked.

“You heard me.” He laughed “And with that here comes the bugger, it was nice meeting you Nina, I’m sure I’ll see more of you.” He laughed again like he knew something I didn’t.

“Nice meeting you Dan and thanks.” I told him. Josh and Dan gave each other a little manly hug as they passed ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry i haven't updated in ages uni has been kicking my ass. Realised though that when Mibba crashed i lost stars and comments so please comment, let me know what you think.