Set It Off

Brand New Eyes

She was the type who didn't need anyone to survive. The type who was always depended on. The tough one they say. She was the boyish type.

Meet Hayley, everyone's best friend. You'd usually see her on a corner, earphones plugged in, eyes fixed at one direction.You'd think she didn't care about anything, but she just silently judges people from afar. She had that, ability to read people with their actions. It freaked her out at first, but then she got used to it.

"Hey.." greeted Zack while approaching her. She was slightly shocked that he found her. She was on the bleachers, watching some freshmen practice football.

"Yow." Hayley replied with a grin.

She lifted her head up a bit. The sunlight complementing her greenish eyes. She looked at Zack. He was looking rather odd today. He doesn't usually wear bright colored shirts, but today, he wore a neon green Greenday top, and black skinny jeans. Pulling out one earpiece away from her, she moved slightly to give space for Zack to sit.

"There's an announcement posted on the bulletin, a ---"

"Battle of the bands on August 28. Yea, I know." she said with a sly smile, cutting Zack off.

"O, yeah, forgot. You're always updated on stuff. So, what do you think? I can play bass, you play the guitar so well, Jaime on drums, and Josh on vocals. You in?" Zack said, more like informing rather than asking.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down baby."

Baby... Zack repeated to himself.

"We don't even know if they want to. And besides, I just got appointed to be Editor of the school's magazine. I don't know if I can join you guys."

"Course you can, it's only April, you'll have plenty of time to think it through." He said a-matter-of-factly.

The bell rang.

"Wookay." her British accent kicking in. "But I'm not promising anything. I gotta go, see ya in history." she said, smiling, then frowned a bit at the thought of the class.

Zack laughed, hell. She was cute. He half wished she was his sister. "Ya, go. See ya." waving her goodbye.

* * * * *

Hayley's point of view

The day went quickly. Time went by quickly today. I can't even remember getting bored in physics or history class. Or maybe my perception of time's distorted.

Walking to my locker, I saw Josh on his.

"Hey, Josh, man, has Zack told you about the band thing?" giving him a light tap on the back.

Josh Franceschi, the Brit exchange student. I never saw him hang around with much people. Other than Jaime and Pierre. Although a lot of guys, especially girls would love to, he just doesn't.

"Yes, he did." he said, with a thick English accent, and a smile I always admired. "he said you were in too, so I thought I'd give it a try."

Uh oh.

"I'm not yet sure about joining, really. But it's still months away. Who knows." I said, earning a dissapointed look.
"Hey, it's ok. Pretty sure there're other guys who plays guitar."

"No, you'd be the perfect fit. Just imagine the impact it will give upon seeing a girl on the guit." He said with a pleading tone.

Putting back my Physics and Literature books in my locker, I went back to his and said,
"I'll think about it. So, where're you headed? Home?"

He chuckled a bit making me wonder what caused him to.

"You may be updated on stuff, but you probably have the worst memory ever." He said as he closed his locker.
"It's Zack's birthday today, silly."
♠ ♠ ♠
I got bored in speech class. And My IPod was on shuffle and these artists came out. So I thought, hey, this'll be interesting. :) Comments?