Set It Off

Disasterology

Hayley's POV

The sky showed a blanket of yale blue striped with rose pink and a bit of white linings. The cool air marked the forthcoming of the night. This was all so pretty to absorb at once. Really pretty.. Really....

"Hayley look out!!"

A car swiveled around the street and drove furiously to my direction. I caught Pierre's image just before he pushed us over to a nearby bush. Unable to move my body from the shock, I move my eyes to Pierre's face which wasn't in front of mine anymore. Regaining composure, I stood up to see him running towards the driver's seat of the car. I moved towards them as I massaged my slightly injured right arm, .

"Move back Hayley, don't go near this man." Pierre commanded. Maybe because of the impact a while ago, it took me to 'buffering' state. I couldn't quite comprehend what he said. But it looked like he wanted me to stay distant from them.

Moving towards a bench, I hear the car start and move away from Pierre. What the hell just happened.

"I wouldn't ask if you're okay because you obviously aren't. What I want to know is to what you're doing in the middle of a god damn street?." He said with a confused face, and an arched eyebrow.

"I, uh, I just got home. Picked up a dress to wear for tonight. Then, I don't know, I decided to go out for walk." I said trying to recall what had happened earlier. "I guess I was just drawn to the sight and didn't notice the car?" I chuckled hesitantly. Hoping it was a good explanation.

"Oh, really now." He said.

"Yeah. Thanks by the way, I owe you one, Good thing you live nearby, I could always pay you back by making you some sandwiches."

Oh god. What am I thinking. I've got the worst humor.

To my relief, Pierre laughed. "so, can I go home now?" I asked.

"Go ahead. By the way, I'm picking you up at 7:30. Better put on a fancy dress aye." He teased.

"Yea, whatev. See you later." I said as I stood up and walked my way home.

*****

I chose a simple black sheath dress with a red lace that served as the belt. The saleslady said it matched my ever so small waist line and 5'4" height. I matched it up with black flats. I considered the option of wearing a stiletto, but turned it down once I realized I couldn't walk in them.

Deciding to take a shower, I dyed my hair a shocking red to match my 'belt'. It felt like the right thing to do, just so the attention will all be put on my hair, not the dress. Not my body.

I opened the shower, testing the temperature with my fingers. I slowly moved in and let the water hit my body.

I still couldn't believe I forgot Zack's birthday. As soon as Josh said it, I felt a slight twist in my gut.

I couldn't waste any more time so I quickly finished showering and dried my hair. The result was fab. It's as if it's made up of actual fire. Just how I wanted it.

I put on the dress and flats. Put my hair into an updo but keeping a part of my fringe on my forehead, and wore the heart necklace Zack gave me for Christmas. I thought he'd want to see me use it.

Just as I finished prepping up, I hear Pierre's car. Call me weird but I can easily identify it. I went to the front door and locked the house.

"Oh. My. God. Who are you." He said to me like I was an alien or something.

"I'm taking that as a compliment. Hurry up, wouldn't want the guys to keep waiting."

"Hop on in princess." I could not help but feel flattered by the way he said it. His smile reached both his ears as he opened the car's door for me. "You should wear more of that thing more often." He added pointing his lips to my dress.

"No thank you." I said with a grin.

So maybe wearing a dress isn't that bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Picture Hayley from their Only Exception video, the one where she wears a black dress in a room full of men. c":
I'm sorry if this was long, and not good. I tried D: