Set It Off

You and I Tonight

Hayley's POV

We reached the Merrick's residence after a 30 minute drive. Zack never talked about his family. Only when he invited us a couple months back for tonight. Which I forgot. His parents toured around the world for seminars which meant he was left alone in this gigantic house with his younger brother and two housekeepers.

Contrary to those facts, he was just a simple guy.

Josh approached me as we entered the house.

"Holy shit Hayley, you're unbelievably gorgeous." He said as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my hand.

"No need to do that actually." I said, pertaining to the kiss.

"I wanted to." I saw him look down as he rubbed the back of his neck. Wow, that was adorable.

Fighting the urge to blush, I asked to where Zack was and found my way to him.

"Hey." I greeted. "Happy birthday man, hope we weren't late." handing him a small box. I smiled a bit, still thinking of how I forgot the event.

He stared at me like I was a product of some science experiment.

"Uhm, I'm melting here."

He was still staring at me. I felt his eyes move to the necklace he gave me.

"Want a picture? It'll last longer." I said hinting a tone of being slightly pissed.

"I am so sorry. I just, I, wow. Speechless." He said as he gave me a hug. "seriously, I can say just about anything right now. But I don't think words can express your beauty."

"You just turned 18 and you're already a big ball of sap." I said teasingly.

I felt him tense. "Kidding. So, ready to party? Or whatever you call this gathering." I asked.

He let out a laugh. "Now that you're here? Yes."

***************

Josh's POV

It felt like a goddess went down to earth. Hayley was a star, can I just say. I've always noticed her beauty even when she's in her jeans. Actually, that's what made me like her. Yes I like her. So much. I know Zack does too, but he's still in that stage of denial.

Walking around, I noticed someone out in the garden bench, alone.

Hayley.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach but I wanted to see her face again badly. I wanted to be with her so bad.

I walked out of the house, surely enough, it was her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I sat beside her.

"Do you even know how people in that house stare at me?" she pouted. "And besides, I'm a bit tired. Wanted some fresh air. What are you doing here?"

"Keeping you company." I said almost automatically.

"That's sweet. Thanks."

We shared conversations about stuff most people wouldn't want to talk about. Oddly enough we ended up sharing thoughts about unicorns.

She was still laughing when I accidentally touched her freezing hand. I took off my coat and wrapped it around her.

"You're freezing. Could've told me a bit earlier you know."

"Nahh, it's fine."

"No, I doubt it."

She grinned. "It's nice having you around you know. We should talk more often."

"Uhm, we do talk often."

"No, no, I mean like often often. Like long conversations like a while ago." She said as she leaned on my shoulder.

Fuck. I shouldn't blush. I felt my cheeks warm up, like blood suddenly gushed through them.

"That we should." I managed as I wrapped one arm around her. "So, wanna go somewhere else? Like a movie or something?"

"What? I don't know. Zack will look for me. So will the other guys."

"Well, they've seen you already. And you came here at, what? 8? It's already half past eleven. They'll understand."

"I don't know Josh." I knew, just a little more charm talk she'll give in.

"Then we can have pizza, or kfc, play arcade after you know."

"Oh my god Josh, way to go on bribing me." She stood up. "Well? Get up, Let's go."

My heart skipped a beat as she held my hand urging me to get to my feet.

Zack, man, I owe you big time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Josh is freaking attractive. Agree? :)