Set It Off

Best Thing I Never Had

Josh's POV

I stepped out of the gent's room and headed back to where I left Hayley and the others. I fixed my jeans and lifted my head up to see Hayley with Zack on the dance floor. I can see Zack's eyes were closed as he held Hayley so close to him. I felt jealousy come up from my heart crawling to my throat. I felt my jaw tighten, as if it had it's own mind to do so. I felt stupid, stupid for leaving her a while ago. But I know I don't have any right to get jealous.

She wasn't mine. And it's what hurt the most right now.

I was about to look back when I saw Zack cut the space between them, pulling her back into a slight shock. I can see confusion on her eyes as they slowly widened. He let out a noticeable sigh as he shifted his gaze from her face to the floor. He moved in closer to her head as my jaws tighten a bit more. I can feel my eyes narrow a bit.

He kissed her on her forehead and left. He left her in the middle of the dance floor.

Jealousy turned to sudden poignancy, to being slightly mad about his actions.

I knew she felt embarrassed. She looked around for anyone she knew to see I was looking at her. She looked down the floor.

Fuck. I ran towards her direction and grabbed her hand. She was tired, I know.

"Come on, I'll bring you home." I said after hugging her and lead her to my car.