‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

18

It had been a few days now since her admission, and fewer days since she last saw Brielle. The Nurses said it'd be best to keep them separate for now, to make sure the trauma they'd both suffered was under control before moving them together.

Miel's room was empty. They kept anything that could possibly be used for cutting away from her. Far, far away. It was all different shades of white. The bed spread was a creme, the walls were a yellow-ish white. But everything looked ugly to Miel. The flowers her mother had gotten her, tiger lilies, were kept in the rec room so Nurses could make sure she wouldn't use the pot as a tool to slice herself open.

Despite the treatments and visits with her doctors and support groups- Ana was strong. Her deepest demon- herself, Cat- they were all still present. Cat's voiced merged into sounding like her own, Miel couldn't tell if Cat was thinking or she, herself, was. Everything was even more messed up than before. This was a mistake. A huge mistake. She brought her knees up to her chin as she curled up in the corner of her room, perched on her bed. The nurses and doctors said she was doing better, but Miel couldn't fathom how forcing herself into being a machine was better. She refused to let people glimpse inside her. She shut everything off. Emotions. Voices. Unneeded conversations. She became a mute at will, the only person she'd talk to was Brielle. She wanted to know what ward she was in, what room. She wanted to visit and cry together, but the nurses kept saying no. No. No. No. So Miel answered them with only stares. The only words she'd every speak was, "Can I see Brielle now? I need to know if she's alright."

The last time Miel saw her, she was being sedated. She was horrified. Why couldn't they just let Brielle see her? These people weren't people, they cared not for them. They only had each other. You have me. Ana and Cat said in unison.

A knock on the door signaled the arrival of her main nurse, the one that always checked on her for most of the day- her day nurse you could say. She had her pills and a cup of water.

"Good news, Mimi." The nurse said cheerily- but it sounded so fake. Her smile looked so evil. Miel's eyes squinted into a suspicious glare at the woman. "You can see Brielle finally!" The nurse finally said, Miel's eyes brightened.

She could have started talking again, but Miel honestly didn't want to. Her voice seemed to stop working. After taking her medicine she was escorted in the psych wing, for people with more mental issues. Miel looked at the sign crossly- Brielle shouldn't be here... should she? Miel shook her head- how dare she think that!

Room 3B10, Brielle. The sign was neatly printed in a straight, proper font and with a knock on the door, Miel's day nurse ushered her inside.
"Now, I'm suppose to stay and observe you girls, but I'll just be outside the door." Her day nurse, Miel remembered her name being Clara, gave a wink in her direction before leaving them be.

The first thing Miel did was hug her friend tightly, tackling her with a suffocating bear hug. She wished she could cry, but being so used to zero emotions, zero reactions- Miel couldn't muster it up.
"Oh..Miel!" Brielle cried, hugging her back.
Miel could finally feel tears sting at her eyes and run down her cheeks at a fast pace.
"We'll-We'll get through this. Together." Miel whispered, the first words she'd spoken so strongly since she'd gotten here. To her, it felt like a shout, but in reality it was no more than a whisper.
Brielle nodded, and kept squeezing her tightly.

Miel sighed, finally knowing her friend that was last seen being hysteric, was all right. And now they could see each other. It was a good thing, a good sign. Recovery might not be so hard.

But suppose you spoke to soon? The voices whispered, Miel pushed them away and concentrated on Brielle. She took and deep breath before pulling away from her friend, tears still in her eyes.
"So, Brielle...how... how are you?" Talking seemed so surreal to Miel- but they needed to catch up so she would need to get used to it quickly. In this room at least. Brielle's room. Room 3B10.
♠ ♠ ♠
So part one had random letters for the title, so part 2 will have random numbers. ;)
Feedback mucho appreciated!