‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

21

He said she needed more people in her life. Open up more. Let them in. Was he crazy? Did her psychiatrist actually lose his mind? She was given her meds and ushered to the rec room- which was when she saw it. Brielle falling to the ground, some guy catching her. A man. Distrust rose in her throat like two hands choking her. His hands. They were on Brielle's waist, he was holding her too close to his chest. He would take her. Do things. Her mind was frantic- she had to save her. She neglected to save too many people- not this time.

Rushing over with fire flashing in her gold eyes, Miel stomped over and grabbed a fistful of the boy's hair, making his eyes connect with her's- his lush brown eyes showed the pain she had inflicted. Some sort of sickening satisfaction twisted her stomach- was she really becoming like her demons so thoroughly? To enjoy that look in someone's eyes. You're becoming like him, Mimi. Cat's voice was sad, so sad it made Miel take a step back. Everything was moving so fast around her outside, while a war was being waged inside. How could she concentrate. She let go of his hair. But her lips were still moving- she was speaking. Just like him. Just like him. Hurting people. Enjoying it. What next? Will you hover over their scared and pained expressions and smile like he did to you? Cat's bite and viciousness had plummeted since they had their conversation- now all she did was guilt her. Cat was no longer the demon in her. She, herself, was it.
"What the hell do you think you're doing to Brielle?! You have no right to touch her! She fainted because she's scared and then you put your hands all over her!" Her voice was loud, screeching as tears rolled down her face. Everything hurt. There was too much pressure erupting in her skull. She couldn't take it. How could she get away from it?

"Wh- No, I was catching her so she didn't hit her he-"
"No! I won't listen to your filthy lies! You were going to hurt her! I won't lose anyone else, let her go. Now. NOW!"
Slowly, his brown eyes never leaving her crazed ones, he handed Brielle to Jessica. His hands were up like she was some rabid animal, he tried to smile but he only got venom thrown at him through Miel's eyes. He gave up on being friendly and shrank back from everything.
"Don't you dare hurt her." She growled.
From behind her, she felt arms wrap around her waist- restricting her. Chaining her. Controlling. Trapping. The pressure grew. Tears fell harder and she just needed to act. Balling her hands into fists she began punching her head over and over. Her lips moving a mile a second as the mumbled word wouldn't stop being voiced.
"Monster. Monster. Monster."

There were people around- There was a life outside her head. A reality so out of her reach in that moment. There was only those voices- his smile- those eyes- that memory. That scream. Scream?

Her scream.

_____________________________

Her eyes blinked, confusion consuming her every facial muscle as it twisted into a disoriented expression. This wasn't her room.
"Hello Miel." She sat up to see Dr. Kress sitting there, a soft- sad- smile on his lips.
"Where am I?"
"We had to move you. It appears you've actually been getting worse." He shook his head, "And here I thought I was good at my job." It was meant as a joke, to lighten the air. But Miel's heart sank with grief for the one man who was fighting against her to help her. He was refusing to be pushed away from her- no matter how hard she pushed. She loved to think it was because the doctor wanted to- not because it was his job.

She sat up fully now, crossing her legs and looking around. The room was even more scarce than her last, and there was a camera in the corner.
"Please don't be upset." His words broke the heavy silence.
Miel didn't even realize that her face was distorted with anger and that furious tears were falling down her cheeks. Was this feeling betrayal? Or relief?

"Brielle's fine. She was sent to the infirmary again. That boy...they were suppose to meet Miel. It's part of Brielle's recovery. You care for her, right?"
She nodded.
"Then you can't interfere with them."
Dr. Kress put his hand on Miel's, his voice growing softer with each word. Her tears ceased from the soothing sound of it. The warmth emitting from the doctor's hand was something Miel craved. To feel warm. Alive.
"I won't. I promise."
His smile brightened, pleased she was actually cooperating for once.
"What wing am I in?" Miel suddenly asked, her eyes boring into the doctor's.
He hesitated- unsure. She could tell. Was she moved to one that was worse? The eating disorder wing was pretty bad as is. With all those skeletons and dead eyes roaming the hall.

"You're...in another wing, Miel. That's all you need to know tonight. Go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow for our usual session."

And with that- she was alone. Much more than she's ever been. Not even her demons keeping her company.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh god, I actually updated.
The world's probably gonna end now. (;