‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

98

"Now, Miel, I want you to apologize when you see this boy."
"If he tries to do anything to Brielle, I sure as hell won't apologize. I'll do something so fucking worse."
Dr. Kress's hand stiffened but never paused as he made a note in her file.

Miel felt terrible, she was disappointing him. She didn't want to. He was one of the few males she felt she could trust. Don't trick yourself, honey- you only wanna fuck him. A new, much darker voice lulled. This demon of her's was lustful and violent. Two in the same. Her body shuddered, Dr. Kress's eyes scanned her body. The demon in Miel's voice gave a pleased 'hm' before scurrying back in the corners. The illusion was pleased the older man's eyes were scanning her. Even if it wasn't with desire- and Miel was thankful for that. This demon was stronger than the others- her old self, Cat, even shrank and disappeared when it was around.

"Why was I moved to the psychotic wing? That's for homicidal people- sadists who hurt others." Miel whispered, looking down at her hands as her brows creased. She looked much more fragile. She bruised easier now. She only ate once a week- and that was because that's all the nurse's could force her to do before she blacked out and went into a frenzy. Her legs and arms were covered in bruises, most from nurses and attendants trying to restrain her.

"We're just worried, is all."
"I won't hurt anyone."
"I know."
"I promise." When had her voice begin to sound so small?
"I'm sure you keep your promises."
Tears stung at her eyes as she looked the doctor in his eyes- "I don't." She murmured, her voice trembling.

_______________________

They sat in fold-up chairs, all in a circle. Dr. Kress was observing Miel carefully, and the same went for Brielle's psychiatrist with her. Andrew was the only one who had a nurse looking after him which made Miel assume he was only there to harm them. Brielle was trembling, her hand was clutching Miel's hand in a death grip.

She'd be bruised terribly from that. She didn't care.

"What do you want from us?" Miel asked lowly.
"I'm just here to help Brielle." Andrew said softly, and then his eyes met with Brielle's. He had a soft look in them, pleading- "And Brielle can help me...if she chose to." The words were but a whisper.

Miel didn't know what to do- say. Dr. Kress had ordered her to apologize. She didn't want to. She felt she had every right. She was protecting Brielle. Protecting her now.

"How can she help you?" Miel spat.
"I'll tell Brielle, and Brielle alone."
Next to her, her companion snorted a laugh. "What? So you can rape me? I don't fucking think so." The venom Miel fed him was equally, if not more, present in Brielle's words.

Andrew's eyes showed the hurt. A soft voice in Miel, a long buried kinder side, piped up. He's hurting just as much. You both are nothing but bullies and abusing him like those who abused you. The violent, lustful demon pushed the kind side down- You like the look of pain on his face. On anyone's face. Admit it. Thrive on it. Miel bent over her knees, her hand withdrawing from Brielle's as she felt sick.

Dr. Kress was immediately at her side, and now the demon switched from violent to lustful in an instant. Those hands. Those of a man. He could break us, Mimi. Wouldn't that be pleasant? To break completely. Miel could only squeeze her eyes shut and pray she'd fade away.

"What's wrong with her?" Brielle piped up in a panic.
"I just am going to talk with her for a few moments alone." Dr. Kress explained gently, "I don't really know what's going on."
"No- let her talk with me. She always opens up to me."
"I'm sorry, Brielle, I don't think you'd be safe."
"Safe? Safe?! Leaving me with him!" Her finger pointed to Andrew, "Is any safer?!"
Dr. Kress gave Brielle a flat look before helping Miel from her seat and escorting her out.

"Sweety, we're right here." Miel could hear Jessica's voice assure Brielle, "Please, just try to talk to Andrew. I won't leave again. And Dr. Johnson is here too."

And with that, Miel couldn't hear anymore.

_____________________________

"What happened back there?" He finally asked after a long moment of silence.

Miel was still bent over, head between her knees and arms clutching her sides. This time in a comfier chair.

"Cat's voice is gone." Miel whimpered.
"I told you Miel, you can become strong without the memory of your old self there."
"No...no now there's a new one."
Silence.
"A worse one." Miel clarified.

When had she trust the doctor to this point? To actually confide?
"What does she tell you?"
"This..this demon- she tells me I'm just like the bastard who ruined my life and sanity. That I like seeing people hurt. Love being the one to cause them pain. She says I secretly thrive on it." Another shudder, this one racking Miel's whole body. "She also...says other things."

"I need to know about these other things to help you." Dr. Kress gently stated.

"Things about you. Things I should have manifested a demon to say."
"It's good you recognize you're making them."
"That means she's a part of me." Her voice had grown hysteric.
"Miel." Dr. Kress tried to calm her with the sound of her name in that low voice.

That rumble- how would it feel for it to roll through me, Mimi? The demon sounded so longingly. Miel could feel warmth in her center as she looked up at the older man. She had always thought he was attractive for his age. No. Don't go there. Don't become this demon.

"Is it trying to tell you to hurt me?"
"Worse."
"Kill?"
"Far worse."
"I don't know about you, I think killing someone is as worse as it gets."

Without even thinking- Miel shot across the room, taking the doctor's face in her hands and crushing her chapped lips to his smooth ones. She knew he'd stop being her doctor. Knew he'd have her removed and stop contact. She didn't care. The burning in her core was torturing her. She knew the demon was melding itself into her.

Miel pulled away tentatively- completely terrified as a tear rolled down her cheek. Her eyes met Dr. Kress's- his were wide with shock, yet there seemed to be a hint of awe.

"This demon of mind is so damn lustful." Miel murmured, barely audible. "And it always seemed to be craving you."

Dr. Kress stood slowly, walked to the phone, and paged Clara. Without a glance toward her, he put her file away in a drawer and locked it. No notes made on the kiss. None at all. His face was stone in deep concentration.

"She's settled?" Clara's voice made both of them jump. The nurse didn't even make note of the oddity that Miel was standing in front of the chair the doctor usually sat in, or that the doctor was across the room.

"Settled as she could be." Was his gruff reply.

As Miel was being lead out of the room, she glanced behind her back at Dr. Kress--

And met his eyes staring after her.