‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

75

She knew it would happen, the second her lips met his-
He'd request her to be transferred to one of the two other therapists there. She just didn't realize she'd be sent to Brielle's.

As she walked in the room, she almost choked at the sight of her. Not because she was disgusted, per say, just the initial surprise closed her throat and she couldn't feel her tongue anymore. Miel would become a mute for the second time it seemed.

"So Miel, would you like to discuss with me some of the things you first opened up to with Dr. Kress?" The woman gave a gentle smile, like trying to coax a scared animal.
Miel merely shook her head. No. She already opened up to one too many people here. Why would she add someone else?

No fun. This isn't any fun, Mimi! The darkest, newest demon of her's whined. Sending a dark, suffocating wave over her mind. It cause Miel to bring her knees to her chin and place her head in between them, trying to shut out the world. The wisest thing would to step from this coffin of her's called her head, instead she would always retract.

"Miel? Is something wrong?"
No answer.
"Miel?!" The doctor's voice grew in worry and she quickly went to her phone.
"Yes, Doctor? I need to know her information, I know it's privacy but she's breaking down." Even if she was trying to keep her voice down, Miel heard every word. She knew the "doctor" she was speaking with.

What? You thinking 'my hero' with a soft damsel in distress sigh? Miel just wanted Cat to come back. To be her strength again. That's a bullshit dream and you know it. No one would save scum like you. A dark laugh echoed in her mind, You should've just stayed in that world. Let that smile hover- torture- that's what you deserve.

The mere hint of him instantly brought the memory to the forefront of her mind, a small whimper escaped her lips. Through her hair she say Dr. Johnson glance up to her with a worried look.

"There's no saving me." Miel heard her voice murmur, and she knew the doctor would too.

The door clicked open and Miel turned slowly, there stood Dr. Kress escorting Brielle to her aid. His eyes never setting on her once.

Brielle was quickly at her side.
"Mi, talk to me." She plead, "You have to. We can save you."
A sad, weak smiled spread on Miel's chapped lips as she shook her head, "No, Bri, I'm sorry. But there's no saving a monster from itself. It'll just devour the others that hold it from consuming itself. You know." She just started to ramble. "You understand. You understand this monster, me. You understand me." Her eyes fell shut as tear suddenly fell.

Brielle tried to speak, but only clips of sounds left her lips as she struggled for the words she needed to convey the message, to help Miel see she could, in fact, be saved. Before she could even say something, Dr. Kress stepped forward.

"Miel."
She refused to look at him, but her shoulders twitched- he knew she was listening.

"I know...you've told me some things over your stay here. I know you think you're...just like.." He shook his head, leaving it off like that- he knew if he completed the sentence she'd lose it. "You're not. Look at Brielle. Right now, look at your friend then take a look at Dr. Johnson and I."

She did as she was told, and the tears stilled as awe came into her eyes. All their eyes looked...concerned.

"Monsters strike fear in people's eyes, Mi." Brielle whispered, Miel's eyes quickly returned to her friend's gaze. "Does this look like fear?" Brielle's voice cracked as she finished her sentence, and Miel once again started crying.

Not for joy. Or relief. Or sorrow.

Of regret.

Because she knew her actions have and will hurt these wonderful people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Note;;
This sucks. I have writer's block.
Don't hate me. ;-;