‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

84

Having Miel in her room was a nice surprise. She wished she'd cleaned up a little. The pale blue sheets and white pillows from her bed were scattered all about the room. The grey-ish drapes were ripped, exposing the view of the maple tree that blocked her out from the world. But there Miel was, sitting in front of her with tears rolling down her face.

"I've been better." Brielle's voice came out as a husky whisper. In her time here she'd screamed her voice so that it was practically non-existent. Still, she tried to smile for her friend. "How about you?"

Miel sighed. "Also been better." Her voice was no more than a mumble. If Brielle hadn't been so used to solitary silence she probably wouldn't have been able to hear her. "This place is like hell."

Brielle swung her head toward the door, double checking that it was fully closed. Miel gave her a questioning look. "One of the men in this wing actually thinks he's in hell. Complains about it being too hot all the time. They don't like people encouraging his delusions, so we're not allowed to say hell." She explained.

Looky here, she's probably seeing for the first time that you're exactly where you belong now.

V had become a dominant part of Brielle's mind over the days. While she sat alone in her room she'd have full conversations with her. She dreamed that V was a real person. When the nurses came to see her, Brielle went so far as to let V do the thinking and talking for her. Her counselor could tell though. He didn't like V, and that actually comforted Brielle.

"It feels like we've been here for months." She complained. "How long has it actually been?"

She could see the wheels turning in Miel's head. "It's got to have been five or six days now." She let her shoulders slump a bit, making her collar bones stick out more. Her brown hair was pulled back in a pony tail, and a few strand were lacing the frame of her face. Her normally brown-green-gold eyes seemed to shine with a dull grey-hue in them today. Maybe it was just the room playing tricks though.

"You know, I don't remember most of my time here." Brielle's eyes seemed itchingly dry. She rubbed them, which just hurt more and did nothing to fix the problem. "I remember coming to see you, and meeting Nurse Jessica. I remember going to therapy once or twice... Mostly I just remember spending time in here." Nurse Jessica was Brielle permanent care taker while she was here at Meadow Ridge. Unfortunately for the Nurse, Brielle hated her. She caused as much trouble for her as possible, hoping that one day she just wont be able to put up with it anymore. She'd never gone so far as to hurt Jessica, but every day was a new one.

"I know what you mean." Miel's lips twisted to one side of her face. It looked like she was sucking in her cheeks, but Brielle knew all too well that she just hadn't been eating very much.

Brielle shifted on her bed, making herself face away from the door just as it started to open. Times up V snickered.

"Girl's I'm sorry to say that Brielle has an appointment. Time is up." Miel's nurse walked into the room toward them but Brielle stood up and faced her, blocking Miel from view.

"When do I get to see her again?"

The nurse's painted on smile never faltered. "Your care taker and I have decided that it would be best for you to visit each other once every few days. We're working that out with the head of staff, now please, I need to take Miel."
Brielle looked behind the nurse at the door, where one of the male nurses stood. Brielle reluctantly sat back down on her bed and watched Miel leave the room with only a glance back at her.

When the door shut Brielle finally let herself cry. "I don't understand why we're here." She screamed.

Because you're bat-shit crazy, that's why. Brielle walked over to the mirror to see herself staring back with a smile on her face. You're here because without these people you would be dead. But lets face it, you should be.
Brielle lashed out, trying to break the mirror, but it was protected by a thick sheet of glass. Idiot, do you really think they'd give you a mirror without safety precautions? Personally, I think they should have taken it out. You're nothing to look at.

Grasping both sided of the mirror Brielle began to smash her skull against the glass, V laughing all the while. The only thing that stopped her was the male nurse coming in to sedate her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Glad to be starting part 2!