‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

41

"So, you've made some progress already." Her doctor smiled happily as he gave the news, "You've gained .4 pounds."

.4? God, you're disgusting. Ana sneered. Miel's face remained emotionless though she wanted to cringe and claw at herself, all the fat that these bastard's were forcing down her throat. The panic never showed- not even in her eyes. They only brightened to gold, but the doctor didn't notice.

Dr. Kress was her assigned shrink- to put it nicely. He worked along side the on sight medical doctor for patients like Miel, and self abusers. (Just in case bones break.) He was a mid-thirties looking man, with a morning shadow always presence. Like her hadn't shaved for a few days- every day. His brown hair was in a disarray that he tried to tame but the hair never obeyed it seemed, because there were always pieces sticking up. His green eyes had crows feet next to them that made him seem like he always had that placid smile on his face. That smile he wore now as he spoke the news.

Miel only stared at him solemnly. Dr. Kress sighed, tapping his pen against a leather folder that were filled with everything he needed to know about her. The stack of papers in it seemed to always be growing with another pill they thought would help her, and how much weight she was gaining- and her medical bill of health.

"I heard you saw your friend Brielle yesterday." He tried to pry into something he thought could make her talk, Miel already saw his game plan. But these bastards didn't want to do shit for her. You can only trust us. Cat murmured, sounding just like herself. Dr. Kress was better at hiding his true intent, unlike the nurses. He always had a calming voice that soothed her, whether Miel wanted to be soothed or not. It was a deep rumble that reminded her of the thunderstorms she used to stand outside and watch. Soft, and low.

Miel decided to give the man something and nodded her head. The man's eyes brightened, thinking he made progress with her. Like hell he ever will. Ana snapped, almost like she wanted to speak for Miel that instant and spit in his face.

"Wasn't it nice to see her again?"
A nod.
"Did you guys have a nice time together."
Nod.
"Heard you'll be seeing each other every few days now." Dr. Kress's eyes glanced at the paper set before him on top of his leather folder.
Another nod.
Dr. Kress sighed softly before standing, gesturing to the door with his hand. "Well, I think that's all for today. See you the day after tomorrow then."

Miel was then escorted back to her room by Clara. Clara was always with her it seemed. In the bathroom. (To make sure she wasn't purging.) In the halls. (To make sure she didn't run or bash her head in or some other self abusive tendency.) And Clara checked on her in her room once in awhile to make sure she wasn't having a hysteric fit. (She's already had a couple.) The forced-smile on her lips bugged Miel. If she was being a burden, couldn't Clara just find herself a less fucked up the ass patient?

"Here we are." Clara chirped, opening her door for her. Miel shot a crossed look towards her day nurse before entering the room. The click of the room signaled she was now alone. Clara never stayed right after her shrink sessions- that's why Miel bottled every fit she'd have and wait until then. Now.

Miel slammed her body against the wall, her already bruised arm ached as another one was sure to form. Her finger nails- that Clara made sure to clip- were still always long enough for Miel to scrap at her skin until she bled. She raked her nails down her stomachs' sides as she thought about the number. .4 pounds? Dear god, I'm ugly. I'll be ugly forever. She, without any razors, took up a habit she really never did before until she came to Meadow Ridge. She slammed her forehead against the hard plaster of the wall. Over and Over, until she was woozy.

Reaching the point where her head was fluttering, Miel let herself fall to the ground, bringing her knees to her chin and resting her bruised and bleeding forehead on them.
"Ugly, ugly monster- never going away. Piggy, piggy piggy- no one can love you now. How about you take that- nice little gun to your head. Oh ugly ugly monster- piggy piggy piggy." Miel's voice quietly mumbled the song Ana song to her as she tried to sleep. Every night, that harsh voice of Ana's that seemed to be gentle at the same time as venomous, would sing that lullaby to Miel. Before it sent her into fits. (Her first few days here.) But by the fourth day, Miel could only fall asleep to that song.

As she murmured the words in a half-way singing voice, Miel felt her eyes droop as she drifted off to sleep.

When she awoke, she saw a blurry outline of a black haired nurse- Clara. She was shining a flashlight in her eyes. Miel scowled at the light and waved it away.

"Oh thank god." Clara sighed, clicking off the flashlight.
Miel only glared at her.
Clara motioned for her to stand, so Miel obeyed- knowing the consequences of disobeying. She was brought to the medical room, where there were three thin-mattressed beds in a row, curtains in between all of them so you could get a sense of privacy. In a corner there were two stools- one for the medic and the other for the patient. Miel was plopped on the patient's stool and a man with graying hair came in with gloves already on. He looked tired, with bags under his heavy lidded eyes, he slumped into the stool and examined her forehead.

"Just some bruising, the scraps were from the unsmooth surface." He flashed a light in her eyes, "She's responding normally." With that said, he put a chilling substance on the bruising wound and gauze before taping it up. She was led out by Clara, but Miel couldn't help but glance back at the doctor. Why do people here insist on making themselves suffer due to the patients? Get a different fucking job!

"Well, today's the visit to Brielle, but both her nurse and I agreed it's best if you don't today. You both had a slip." Clara explained gently, trying to coax a calm. Not like Miel would show her upset from the news.

She was led into the rec room, Miel went right to her usual table- the one with the tiger lilies in the middle. She was handed her sketch pad and pencils, A nurse stood close by to observe her.

Miel decided today she'd feed their worry, she began to draw a demon ripping itself from the stomach of a girl that looked an awful lot like Miel. This would be payback for keeping her from the only thing she looked forward to in this hospital. Room 3B10.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?