‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

37

"I need you to tell me what you're feeling." Dr. Jonson stood over Brielle's body, her brown eyes seemed dark, and wicked staring down at her. The doctor reached her hands down and grasped Brielle, making her flinch, and helped her to her feet.

"I feel like shit." Brielle said, her voice reduced to nothing more to a hiss. Now you sound like me. V sneered. And you are shit. you don't feel like it. You are. "I am shit." Brielle corrected.

Jonson wrote something down on her clipboard and raised her eyes again. "Why do you say that?"

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." Brielle walked out of the doctors lab and called for Jessica. Obediently, she came to her side and escorted her back to room.

Brielle sat down on her bed and stared at the wall. You could kill yourself.

"I can't kill myself, I get to see Miel today." Just the thought made the day seem better. It didn't matter anymore that day if she was shit or not, her best friend was coming today.

The hours ticked by and Miel still didn't come through the door.

The day that Brielle had last seen Miel she'd decided to keep track of the days. Over on the wall, just left of the mirror, there were little tally marks that Brielle had chipped the paint away to make. She checked that there were three, just in case she'd been mistaken. There were three. She looked to the tree out her window. The leaves were glowing strangely that said the sun was setting already. "Miel should be here."

Maybe she just didn't want to come.

Brielle opened her door and called for Jessica yet again. "Yes?" Her blue eyes sparkled. Sickening.

"Where is Miel?" Brielle's face stayed solemn, but she knew her usually bright eyes were shading. "Today's our day, she should have been here. I was told yesterday that she'd be here. Where is she."

Jessica held up her hand, telling Brielle to take a deep breath. "Clara, Miel's nurse, and I decided that it would be best to wait another day or two."

She was furious. Gritting her teeth and digging her clipped nails into the door frame she said, "Why would you say that?"

"Well, Miel had an accident today, and we just think it's best for you two to recover before you see one another again." Jessica smiled. There was something about that smile that was wrong, that just wasn't friendly. Brielle walked right past her and made her way down the hallway. "Brielle, where do you think you're going."

"You can't just tell me that something happened to Miel and expect me not to go see her." Jessica grabed her and, but Brielle just shook it off and turned to face her. She grabbed Jessica by the shoulders and looked her in the eye. "Do you have a little sister?"

Jessica shook her head, and looked like she was going to cry from fear.

"Then you wouldn't understand. But I have to see if she's okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give us some feedback!