‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

16

Miel just got back from the rec room, her drawing she purposely designed to be concerning- was delivered to her doctor. She was sure Dr. Kress would have a lot to say about that. She slumped on her bed, exhausted by absolutely nothing. That's when she heard a commotion, her heart sank. She knew who it was before she even burst through the door trailed by two male nurses.

"Are you alright?" Brielle asked, her concern made her voice shake.
"Yea..I'm..fine."
"My nurse said you go hurt."
"I just...hit my head." She decided to leave out the cause.
Brielle let out a noticeable sigh of relief as she slumped on her bed beside her, ignoring the two nurses completely.
"Thank god.." She whispered, Miel's eyes trailed to the nurses- they seemed undecided. Whether to take the crazy away from the pig or leave the two fuck ups together. Ana sneered, Miel thought she could see Ana turn to the corner, her back to them now in disgust. Miel's stomach rolled with her own disgust.

"My doctor said I gained point four pounds.." Miel confined in Brielle, who only gave her a cross look. She knew Brielle wanted to lecture her on how she wasn't fat, that she needed to gain that weight- but Miel also saw that in Brielle's eyes- she knew she couldn't be so harsh. It could only push her farther.

"That's..good!" Brielle struggled to sound like she wasn't so thrilled at the good news.
Every one thinks this is such good fucking damn news! All three of her illusions screamed- herself being one of those.

"Alright, Brielle. We need you back at your room."
Brielle glared at the men, "I'm staying with Miel- it's our day together!"
"But your nurses think you both are too unstable."
More like we become more unstable when we separate. Miel added in thought, but kept silent.
"No."

The two men looked as if they dealt with her before, with a heavy sigh they came over and each one took and arm in hand.

"Don't worry, Bri." Miel tried to smile, "We'll see each other in three days."
And then she was gone- once more alone.

________________________________________________

Dr. Kress sat there, displeasure clear in his eyes as he stared at the picture she had drew yesterday in the rec room.
"I thought we made progress, Miel." He finally said after a long while.
She just stared at him.
"This...can you please tell me what you were feeling when you were drawing this."

She must have been social that second, because her mouth jerked open, and then trembled as the unfamiliar feeling of speaking to anyone but Brielle arose.

"There's a demon in me." She put simply, her voice was weak.
Dr. Kress's eyes widened and he smiled gently as she spoke, quickly he jotted down what she said and some other notes before looking up once again.
"Go on, Miel. It's good you're finally trusting me."
"I'm not."
His eyes became confused, Miel only stared at him flatly. "I don't trust you." She stated again.
"Well..nevertheless, please explain."
"There's a demon in my stomach, it tries to make me ugly. So I can't eat, because if I do eat- it'll become stronger. I'll become uglier. Simple."
He nodded, "Yes, but do you realize how small you've become?"
She shook her head, "I'm not, and every time I eat I need punishment. So food means pain. So I don't eat."

There was a heavy silence before Dr. Kress sighed quietly, he closed the folder, slipping her picture inside prior to.

"I think we made some progress, even after the little step backwards." He smiled his normal, fake yet comforting smile that he perfected- "I don't want to push you. You can go now."

With that, Miel simply stood and walked to Clara who was standing outside. She was led to her room, she sat on her bed- in the corner- like usual. Everything was dull looking, for some reason Miel felt unease. She had spoken to one of those unhappy, fake smiling worker. Idiot. Cat hissed, Miel let her eyes fall closed to see the illusion in her mind. She was just standing there with a deep frown- Miel couldn't help but feel it too. That things were going to get harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I'm having a hard time writing. :/
Feedback is appreciated!