‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

61

Miel just sat in her room, letting the echoes from outside her four walls. Shoes letting a damp rhythm as nurses scurried down them, clanks of things hitting counters. Metronomes. A mixture of her demons argued in her head as her eyes feel. The knock on the door caught her attention.

"Medicine, Mimi." Clara said cheerily before giving her two plastic cups, Miel did something she never thought she would- she put the pills under her tongue and acted like she swallowed them. Clara left, please, and the second the door clicked Miel spat them out, and stuck them under the mattress on the plastic level. Sanitary was the last thing on her mind. Only the idea that struck her that second- if she hoarded enough pills- she could sleep. Forever. Be away with all these problems. Sure, the first time didn't work. The second time had to.

She sat back down on her mattress with a heavy sigh, and not too long after, Brielle and her nurse showed up in her doorway.

"We think a daily visit would be best." Jessica explained with a smile before turning on a heel to take post outside the door, Brielle went over to her- a look in her eyes. Miel just couldn't put her finger on what it was.

"So..how are ya?" Brielle asked as she nibbled on her thumb nail.
"I'm good." Miel forced a grin to make an appearance on her face.
"Good.."
"You?"
"I've been great." Brielle made the same effort to put a smile on her face.
"Your sessions?"
"Going well."
There conversation was carrying slowly, Brielle seemed frustrated, and soon just spun around to face her up front. She crossed her legs on the bed and stared straight into Miel's eyes.

"My doctor wants me to help your doc with you." She confessed.
Miel's eyes only widened- she had no idea what to think.
She's becoming one of them- that's what to think. She's betrayed you. Cat sneered in disgust before fading back in darkness. Miel didn't really acknowledge Cat's accusation.

"R-Really?" She finally murmured.
"Will you let me?" Her companion finally asked quietly.
After a long pause, Miel finally let out a soft sigh of defeat. "I-I don't know yet." She admitted.
They'd been through a lot, she'd confided in Brielle. But recovery? That was a different story. People could know the problem but not the reason- and the reason is why she developed the problems. So obviously, Miel was more reluctant on this field.

"Ah...Alright." Brielle smiled weakly, "Well, we'll give it time. I'll be here. If you want to open up- open up to me." She made a face Miel couldn't decipher, "Not to Dr. Kress."

Miel nodded sheepishly then pointed to the door meekly, hiding her face. "I need some time to meditate- do you mind if we cut our visit short?"
Brielle's eyes showed her shock, her smile even faltered slightly, but she nodded nevertheless. "Yea, course, Miel."

She stood, she left, she was gone.

You never really had anyone in the first place, you were confiding in delusions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writers block sucks. :/