‹ Prequel: Inducing Illusions
Status: It goes..

The Apodictic Cure

28

Parent visiting day.
The first thought that crossed Miel's mind when she awoke that morning was one that sent her in an instant depression. Now she just could only think of getting a drink, some drugs- anything. She didn't want to suffer through this sober but in a place like this- sober was your only option.

And sober was never Miel's first choice for an option, it was actually her last.
But clearly in her position, she had no choice. Yesterdays weigh in doesn't really help things. Mom's going to call you fat. Miss Gained-3-Pounds. Her demon chided viciously before snuggling back into the dark crevice in her mind.
Miel slipped from her bed and into the sneakers that she had to buy to fit dress code, simple white ones with no ties to prevent any chance of strangling attempts. That doesn't sounds half bad. A new demon had blossomed, one with a huskier voice that always mentioned suicide. She kept her mouth shut, not even Brielle knew of this voice though she did desire to confide this new demon in her. Miel took this new formed demon as her mind's last straw, not even in a facility meant for recovery could she recover it seems.

Clara knocked on her door and came in with a sheepish grin,
"Excited, girly?" She asked brightly as she provided Miel her pills and a small cup of water. Miel grunted and slipped the pills beneath her tongue, her new routine. As Clara felt satisfied and left, Miel would simply slip them on the plastic label beneath her mattress. After that was through, she just walked circles around her room to get the guilty jitters out of her system. Soon after Clara left, she was once again back and knocking. With her now though, was her mother.

"Your mother is here, Mimi!" Clara ushered her mother in with a grin before slipping out.
"How've you been, sweety?"
Miel resisted the urge to vomit, gag, or spit in her direction. The fake facade her mother always slipped so easily into made Miel nauseous. It was just a huge act in her family, keeping up appearances and making sure they look happy.
"Fine."
"Perfect! Dr. Kress would like a family session today."
"Great.."
Her mother put an arm around her frail shoulders and lead the way like she'd been here countless times but in truth, she had only visited twice more since this visit. Her mother was much too busy working and fretting over Miel's elder brother to care to visit her daughter. Her work load increased significantly because Miel was issued in such a place, so she knew her mother blamed her. That accusing glint was always present in her mother's eye.

They sat in front of Dr. Kress, her mother wearing a thin smile while Miel's frown deepened more so than it usually was in her visits to her Doctor. His eyebrows creased upward as he noticed.

"So...how's the visit?" He opened.
"It's been lovely, this place is so serene." Her mother jumped in.
Miel went back to square one. Her lips were sealed as she chose to be mute.
He sighed and crossed his legs, his foot resting on his knee. "Mrs. Folie, I'm glad you love the establishment but we're here to talk about Miel."

Miel's eyes widened to a slight degree and glanced up from her hands up to the doctor then to her mother. Rawr. Why would anyone want to talk about you anyhow? Cat said in a lazy tone before drifting away. Miel's hands tightened around one another.

"Miel?" Her mother pried, "Tell me about how've you been."
Dr. Kress already showed obvious disappointment on how her mother had asked.
Miel shrugged.
"C'mon, I heard you started talking. Don't play these games with me."
"Now, Mrs. Folie, it is very plausible that Miel just relapsed back into old habits. Miel, do you feel safe keeping quiet?"
Miel hesitated before nodding.
"See? You have to understand, your daughter has a very cautious nature."
"Please, she was always such a spitfire."
"Perhaps you never knew her?"
Miel couldn't keep the smirk off her face- Dr. Kress noticed it her mother did not. She was too busy shooting daggers his ways.

"Well, I think this session is over." His deep voice showed a hint of victory despite the fact he was suppose to remain indifferent. He sat back in his chair as he looked to the door.
"You can leave."

Miel hopped up instantly and made her way out, her mother had to catch up on her heels.
"Miel-" She felt fingers on her shoulders and swiftly pulled away, Clara was just walking up to meet them and saw. With a frown she stepped between Miel and her mother.

"Mrs. Folie, I'm sorry but I don't think Miel is well enough for you to stay for the full visit."
"This happened last time too!"
"Yes, I know, but you must consider your daughter."
Her mother huffed, and perhaps laughed softly in a very evil way. Miel couldn't really tell, what she was sure of was the mumble that followed.
"If I didn't I wouldn't waste money keeping her here."

Point accepted. Cat called mentally to the woman, Miel hugged herself as she watched her mother storm off. Clara gently nudged her toward her room.

"Come now, Mimi, a nice rest will make things better."
Miel actually agreed and followed the suggestion accordingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I really have trouble concentrating sometimes. >>