Status: New / Slowly Active

Terrible Things

By The Time I Was Your Age, I'd Give Anything.

"Come on Daddy! Wake up!"

I groaned and rolled over, only to be met with a smile of my seven year old son.

"Grandma's waiting!" He whined, and started pulling on my blanket that was tightly wrapped around me.

I sighed and started to get up, when I remembered that I was only in my boxers.
"Why do you go down and tell Grandma that I'll be right down after I get changed." He smiled even more, nodded, and ran out of my room.

I shook my head, laughing a little, and got out of bed.

I went over to my closet and pulled out some clothes; black skinny jeans (which I haven't worn in forever, and I'm surprised that I still fit in them..), and my Of Mice & Men shirt.
I went to walk out of my closet, but something caught my eye and stopped me. I turned around and looked at the clothes that were hanging in the corner. I forwned slightly as I ran my hands over the fabric of the shirts and jeans that haven't been touched in years.

I should really get rid of these..

I thought that every single day.
But I just could never bring myself to get rid of them.

I was taken out of my thoughts by a knock on my bedroom door.
"Jared?" My mothers voice sounded on the other side of my door. "Are you okay?"
I sighed and walked over to the door, opening it.
"Yeah, I'm okay. Let's go."
I smiled softly and walked passed her, only to be stopped by her grabbing my wrist.
"No your not Jay. I can tell." I looked down at my feet. "I know it's been almost four years, and it's still hard but you have to try and move on. Okay? Think about Jayme."
She had a point there..
"You don't want him to see you like this, do you?" I shook my head. "Does he even know what happened to him?"
I looked up at her and sighed before shaking my head. I've never mentioned him to Jayme. I never really planned on it to be honest. But knowing that he could possibly ask at one point or another in his life, I guess I should tell him.
"You need to tell him Jay."
"I will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! :D
So I started a new story..
I'm still going to attempt to update my other ones.
I've just had writers block on them../:

Please let me know what you guys think of this story so far! I'd really like to know what you think! c: