Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Intense Labor

Fast forward to 5 months later.

"Is everything settled, Zayn?" I asked my husband of 6 months as he entered the kitchen from replacing one of the light bulbs in the backyard. We all know that he's not a DIY kind of man, but, I have persuaded him into doing at least some of the simple DIY things at home.

For the past few weeks, Zayn and I have been attending parenting classes since the baby would be due some time around next week. Maybe January 10th or maybe even on the 12th. He's been an exceptional husband and future-father. He's so eager to learn things that you would never imagine Zayn Malik of all people to do; i.e., changing a baby doll's diapers, giving said doll a bath, burping the doll, and everything that they teach you in parenting classes.

"Yep. It's very cold outside." He stated before wrapping his arms around me from behind and kissing my cheek before caressing the 9-month old baby in my womb. Okay, I will be very honest with you guys, I already know the baby's gender. That's what I've been hiding from the boys ever since I found out a few months ago. I found out around August, so, we started buying things for the baby at that time. We got a lot of unisex clothes, a few pink ones, LOTS of blue ones which I passed off to Zayn as me having an affinity for blue baby clothes. And, he bought it.

"Good morning!" Louis greeted happily as he entered the kitchen. He walked over to me and Zayn and planted a kiss on my forehead before high-fiving Zayn.

I guess I forgot to mention that the boys are all staying with us. Well, now you know. They all took this week until next week off from promoting their new album since they were excited for the baby. They were more excited than me. And that's saying a lot since I just wanted this to end. I always got cramps at night and Zayn would always get up and massage my legs and feet before going back to sleep as if nothing happened. Another reason is that... you try carrying a baby in your womb for 9 bloody months. Don't even get me started on the mood swings and the cravings.

I remember that one time when I requested Zayn to make me a midnight snack.

*flashback*

"Zayn, wake up." I whispered and shook Zayn awake. He groaned and opened one eye before closing it again.

"Hmmm?" He asked groggily.

"Can you get me a midnight snack?" I asked quietly before placing a hand on my bulging stomach. Zayn opened both his eyes and slowly got out of bed. Bless him.

"The usual?" He asked me with his eyes still closed. I nodded.

"I mean, yes."

He nodded sleepily at me before making his way out of the room and down to the kitchen. I heard some plates clatter against each other and some drawers be opened and closed, but paid no mind to it since it was a regular occurrence in this household.

After a few minutes, he returned to our room with a bow in hand. Then, he handed the bowl over to me before plopping down on his side of the bed and closing his eyes.

"Would you like some?" I asked politely, offering him the vanilla ice cream with sliced cucumbers and celery with peanut butter on the side. He opened one eye and smiled before shaking his head.

"No, thank you. Do you need anything else?" He answered and I shook my head before leaning down to kiss his lips.

"One particular thing..." I whispered cryptically.

He chuckled before gently pushing me away, "We talked about this, Lil. Not until after the baby's born. I still don't get why you didn't ask for the baby's gender when you went for a check-up."

"Well, you weren't there and I guess it slipped my mind. I was too busy thinking if I left any food on the counter for when you lads got back from recording. Besides, Cam and I were talking about her relationship with Niall." I explained with a shrug.

"How are they?" He asked curiously.

"Goo- Motherfucking cheezus." I hissed and closed my eyes tightly as another cramp episode played. Zayn got up and sat down at the foot of the bed before massaging my feet and my calfs.

"You okay?" He inquired softly after a few minutes.

"I'll live."

*end of flashback*


"Love, are you okay?" Zayn asked before squeezing me softly.

"W-what? Yeah. I'm alright." I managed to stutter out which made Zayn chuckle.

"Lil, did you just pee?" Louis asked seriously. I looked down to find that there was a pool of clear liquid trickling down my leg. My breathing got shallower and I started hyperventilating. Zayn stood frozen for a minute and then snapped out of his trance before going into fussy-Zayn mode.

"My water just broke, Lou." I managed to breathe out. Louis gasped and started breathing heavily before pacing back and forth, not knowing what to do. Zayn grabbed hold of my hand and helped me sit down on the bar stool.

"Breathe, Lil. In and out. In and out." Zayn sounded panicky which made me want to laugh at him. But, I didn't. The contractions hurt too much to laugh right now. I squeezed his hand tightly and closed my eyes.

"Jesus Christ. Louis, the bags!" Zayn said frantically before rubbing my back in a soothing gesture when I let out a small, strangled cry.

Louis ran his hands through his hair before running out of the kitchen and up the stairs, "Lads! wake up! The baby's coming!" He banged on the doors and then lots of feet padding against the stairs could be heard. All the boys, plus Cam, ran in the kitchen.

"I'll start the cars." Liam said before dashing out of the room and out of the house in his pajamas comprised of a Captain America shirt, basketball shorts, and black socks.

"Niall, get the other bags!" Louis called from upstairs and Niall looked at me then smiled sadly before running upstairs to help Louis.

Cam and Harry rushed over to me and tried to console me. Harry grabbed hold of my other hand and started doing breathing exercises which made me follow him. Harry Styles. DOING. PREGNANCY. BREATHING. EXERCISES.

If I wasn't in so much pain, I would seriously laugh at him.

"I'm going to carry you to the car, okay?" Zayn said frantically before carefully lifting me off the bar stool and carrying me out of the house and gently sitting me down in his car.

"Cam, you're gonna ride with us. Niall, you ride with Harry and Liam." Louis instructed before tossing the bags that he was carrying into Harry's Range Rover and walking over to Zayn's car then sliding into the back seat; joining me and leaving Cam, who had been silent yet frantic throughout the whole ordeal, to sit beside Zayn in the shotgun seat.

Louis held my clammy hand and rubbed soothing circles on its back with his thumb which, I must admit, distracted me from the pain.

"Drive, Zayn. Drive!" Louis hissed which made Zayn fumble with the gear shift before zooming out of the driveway. "I'll call mum."

With that, Louis got his phone from his Coca-Cola pajamas right pocket before scrolling through his contacts and calling our mother.

"Mum, Lil's in labor. Her water broke. Yes. Yes. We're on our way to the hospital. Okay. Love you, too. We will. Bye, mum." Lou dropped the call and tossed his phone to the side before giving his undivided attention to me.

"Breathe, Lil. In and out. Hee hoo. Hee hoo. In, out, in, out. Mum will be here soon." He started rambling and I chuckled despite the contractions.

"I'm glad that you can still find the time to laugh." He teased.

"Well, I'm not dying. I'm just in labor." I answered in a raspy voice.

"Now, this is what Harry felt like when we played the prank on them." Zayn stated as he drove to the hospital. I smiled and let out a quiet gasp of pain as another wave of contractions hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Are you okay, Lil?" Cam asked.

"What do you think?" I answered before rubbing my swollen tummy. Only a few more hours before I finally see you.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that the time skip is very sudden, but, I needed to get a move on with this story because I think it's getting boring for you guys... and... I will try to fill out any blanks with the next chapter. I'm really sorry.

And, I was so inspired by that One Direction prank on Nick. Just... asdfghjkl;