Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Child Birth

"Breathe, Lil. Breathe. In, out, in, out. Fuck. Breathe. It's going to be okay. You're fine. You're doing great." Zayn whispered frantically as he grasped my rand hand in his left one as he fed me ice cubes to keep me cool. We've been at the hospital for 2-3 hours now and the doctors are still waiting for a major contraction to happen before they take me to the operating room.

"Well, fuck you! This fucking hurts..." I whined with a sob before sucking on the ice cube that Zayn was offering me.

"Is Lil okay?" I heard a familiar voice ring out in the corridor which made my head snap up to stare expectantly at the door.

"I don't think that it's safe for you lot to see her right now." Louis answered who I assumed to be my friends; Marge, Evelyn, Pandora, Grace, Brad, and Jerome.

"Listen here, we hailed two cabs all the way from London just to get here, Louis. Do you know how bloody expensive cab fares are nowadays?" Brad said snottily at Louis which made me smile despite the painful contractions.

"It's okay. Let them in." I told Zayn in a raspy voice and he nodded before kissing my forehead, walking to the door, and opening it.

"Lil!" Marge yelped before attempting to tackle me in a hug. Key word is: attempting. Everyone grabbed hold of her before she could launch herself at me and the baby in my womb.

"Are you okay?" Evelyn asked.

"Why does everyone keep asking me if I'm okay?" I retorted with a sarcastic eye roll.

"Well, excuse us for worrying about you." Grace stated which made me crack another smile.

"So, really, how are you?" Pandora asked.

"Peachy." I answered. "Just peachy."

"You look like you've been run over by ten trucks." Brad commented before he and Jerome high-fived; making me roll my eyes.

"What a lovely thing to say to a pregnant woman who shall be performing the miracle of life in a few hours. Fuck you." I stated non-chalantly. That's the thing with my friends, no matter how much you bad mouth anyone in out group of friends, as long as it's face to face with the person that you're bad-mouthing, it's considered a joke. And we almost always cuss each other out. Or maybe that's just Brad and me?

"Miracle of life?" Jerome asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Child birth." Evelyn answered with a roll of her eyes.

"Y'know, Lil, we always thought that you were the last one of us who'll get married and have a family." Pandora stated which made me raise my eyebrows in search for an explanation.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. You always had this... 'I-won't-marry-until-I'm-25' aura about you and you seemed to be very driven. You wanted to be a chef so bad..." Evelyn continued.

"Plus, you had that massive crush on Zayn." Marge added in which made me blush.

"Don't even get me started on Louis, your overprotective brother." Grace said with a nod which made me shrug. Thank God the contractions have stopped now.

"I think if it was up to him, you wouldn't be married until you were 30." Jerome pointed out which made Louis chuckle as he entered the room.

"Correction, Lil wouldn't be married until she was 40 if it was up to me."

***

"Holy fuck, Zayn. You are a bitch. Bloody hell." I cussed for the umpteenth time as I grasped Zayn's hand in my clammy one and gave a push.

"Push, Lil. Two more." Dr. Saunders said as she looked at me with an encouraging look in her eyes.

"I will castrate you, Zayn. I will." I hissed before taking a deep breath and pushing once more. Zayn wiped the sweat from my forehead and kissed it before looking into my eyes.

"One more, love. One last big push." He whispered.

"Well, you try pushing here, you prick. I will cut your man parts off so that I will never have to go through child birth ever again." I ranted before taking a deep breath and pushing with all my might. And, in the blink of an eye, the operating room was filled with the loud cries of a baby. I felt like all my fatigue had been sucked away at that very moment.

"Congratulations, you have-"

I cut Dr. Saunders off, "Zain Euan Malik."

"You knew?" Zayn asked incredulously as a nurse cleaned Euan from all the blood that covered him.

"Surprise?" I whispered.

"That's why... the blue things!" He said in realization which made me smile lazily. Zayn chuckled and shook his head before leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. A kiss that still made my heart beat erratically in my chest... even after all this time.

"I love you so much." He whispered and then kissed me again.

"I love you, too." I answered.

"I'll go get Euan." He said softly before quickly kissing my lips and sauntering off to get our son from one of the nurses. Honestly speaking, Zayn is the only person who can pull blue scrubs off. I'm not so sure about the hair net, though. I'm surprised that he didn't throw a hissy fit when they required him to wear a hair net in the operating room.

"Hey, hey," Zayn cooed softly as he stood beside the operating table where I was still sprawled on. In his arms was a silent Euan wrapped in a blue baby blanket.

He leaned down and placed Euan in my arms. I looked down at the little angel cradled in my arms and couldn't help the onslaught of tears that literally just poured from my eyes. Finally, it was official. Zayn and I had our own mini family.

I admired Euan's black hair; it was as dark as Zayn's. He had a cute nose that I'm guessing belonged to Zayn, too, because Tomlinson noses weren't like the one that Euan had. I guess we'll just have to wait and see whose nose it is. I lightly trailed a finger down my son's cheek and smiled when the tip of my finger stopped by his lips. They were pink and shaped exactly like Zayn's perfect lips. And then, Euan slowly opened his eyes.

I had to keep my sobs in even though I really wanted to full-out bawl at that moment. He had my eyes; the trademark Tomlinson eyes. Euan looked a lot like his dad, but he had my eyes. Though, I wanted him to have Zayn's eyes... there's nothing that I can do except be happy now, right?

"He's so pale." Zayn pointed out as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and gazed down at our son. Our newborn baby.

"I was this pale when I was born." I whispered with a smile on my face.

"I guess he's gonna be pale and not tan, yeah?" He stated with a grin and then kissed my temple. "Hi, Euan. I'm your daddy. I love you."

Euan looked back at Zayn with eyes that showed recognition and understanding. It's like he knew that Zayn was his dad and understood what he had just said. And then, he yawned before closing his eyes.

"He's a sleepy head like you." I whispered with a grin on my face.

"Yeah. Just like his daddy."

***

Three days have passed since Euan was brought in this world. Today's the 10th, only two more days until my 18th birthday and Zayn's 20th birthday. So far, we haven't planned anything grand for our birthday. We've been so busy with taking care of Euan and doting on him that we haven't even had time for ourselves.

Louis, the lads, Cam, my friends, and my mum have all been really helpful with Euan. They took care of him when Zayn gave me baths since I was still too weak and sore to move on my own.

"Are you going to breast feed him, Lil?" Cam asked as she sat down beside me on mine and Zayn's bed as Zayn continued to nap just because he felt like it. Euan was a really good baby. He didn't wake up in the middle of the night and cry for a bottle. He just slept, and slept, and slept. Even during the middle of the day he sleeps. He only wakes up when he's really hungry and that's when he cries. I guess constant sleepiness was one thing that he got from his daddy.

"Of course I am." I answered chirpily as I cradled Euan in my arms and gazed down at him with the overflowing love that only a mother could give her child.

"Do you have plans for another one?" She asked and raised an eyebrow at me which made me giggle quietly.

"Who knows? Maybe?" I answered softly; already knowing the answer.

"Did it hurt, though?" Cam asked again.

"It was definitely worth the pain." I murmured as I gazed down at my son and then at my husband who was still sleeping soundly on his side of the bed with his hand reaching out as if waiting for me to intertwine our fingers. And, in one silent motion, I put my hand in his and laced our fingers together, getting a responsive squeeze from my beloved husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lil's Outfit

Okay, guys. One or two more chapters before I wrap it all up with the epilogue. I am going to miss this story and, of course, you guys. :'( It's been a GRAND 5 or so months. I love all of you.

Sorry if it's short, though.