Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Birthdays

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, happy birthday... happy birthday, dear Lil." Zayn sang quietly as he trailed his index finger down the side of my face. I smiled widely before opening my eyes and gazing up at the most wonderful man to ever grace the Earth with his presence.

"Happy birthday to you." He finished the song before pressing a light kiss to my lips which made butterflies flutter wildly in my stomach.

"Thank you." I whispered and placed a hand on his cheek; caressing the skin on his high cheek bones with the pad of my thumb.

"I think you're forgetting something." He teased lightly which made me quirk an eyebrow at him in mock fallacy.

"I don't think so..." I trailed off; teasing Zayn.

"Really?" He pouted which made me grin and pull his bottom lip from his teeth with my thumb and index finger.

"Yes. I don't think I'm forgetting anything." I trailed off again, smiling widely.

"Nothing? Today's your birthday." He said with his bottom lip still pulled between my fingers.

"Yes. I'm completely aware of the fact that it's my birthday today. I was born on this date 18 years ago. You just sang to me, didn't you?" I answered innocently, making Zayn pout even more.

"Are you completely 100% sure that you're not forgetting anything? Any important events, so to speak?"

"Nothing comes to mind other than my birthday. Is it World Youth Day today?" I asked Zayn while trying to stifle my giggles.

"What? No." He answered incredulously.

"Do you really think that I would forget my own husband's birthday when it's the same day as mine?" I stated which made Zayn chuckle and shrug.

"Maybe? Who knows?" He shrugged.

I smacked his arm and we started laughing, "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." Zayn answered before pecking my lips and rolling off of me so that we could check on Euan who was still sound asleep in the crib that we placed beside the bed. There was no way in hell that I would place Euan in a separate room in a house as large as this. Well, not until he's 2, anyway.

I walked, more like waddled, to the crib and slightly bent down to pick my son up in my arms, "He's still sleeping. God, this kid can sleep."

"He's a Malik, he can sleep through anything." Zayn said proudly which made me snort and roll my eyes.

"Not all Maliks are like you, babe. Your dad isn't a heavy sleeper like you, so is your mum, Waliyha, Safaa, and Doniya. It's only you." I pointed out which made him frown and pout at me. "But that makes you special."

"Wakey, wakey, horny babies!" Louis exclaimed happily as he literally barged in the room, effectively startling Euan, Zayn, and me. Euan let out a loud wail which made me glare at Louis.

"Sorry." He whispered and smiled at me.

I rolled my eyes and swayed from side to side which made Euan hush up and go back to sleep, "What're you here for?"

"Well, I made breakfast for the birthday people." He answered proudly which made my eyes widen.

"Tell me you didn't burn half of the house down." I said seriously as I stared intently at my older brother.

"Well, no... I didn't burn anything down, technically speaking. I did manage to ruin a very small patch of grass in the backyard, though." Louis answered sheepishly which made me close my eyes and silently thank the gods up in heaven for allowing Louis not to burn the kitchen down.

"What happened, then?" Zayn inquired as a grin played on his lips.

"I was making soup, y'know... chicken noodle soup. And then I had to go outside to get the grilled chicken from the griller and I just couldn't leave the pot of soup on the stove because the lads might eat it without any permission. So, I brought it outside with me to the grill and I couldn't find a place to put the pot, so, I set it down on the grass and got the grilled chicken from the barbecue. I brought the chicken inside and went back out for the soup. As I lifted the pot from the ground, I saw that the grass that was underneath the pot turned brown; like it was burnt. And now there's a circular burnt patch of grass in the backyard." Louis narrated which made Zayn laugh.

I pursed my lips, "Since it's my birthday and it was all in good intention, I'll let it pass. Now, let's get some breakfast."

***

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Lil and Zayn." A crowd of losers in the kitchen sang chirpily with Harry, Liam, and Niall up front, holding a huge cake that had two 'number candles' on both sides; one had the number 18 on it, while the other had the number 20.

"You losers! Oh my God!" I gushed and clutched Euan tighter to my chest so that he wouldn't fall from my grasp.

Zayn gently got Euan from me and my eyes darted over to him in shock. They managed to plan this mini party right under my nose. I have the right to be shocked! Even Liam managed to keep his gob shut for once.

"Today's your special day, love." Zayn murmured and planted a kiss on my lips which made butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Today's your special day, too." I argued softly.

He smiled and shrugged, "You're legal now. It's a very special day... more special to me than my own birthday, anyway."

"It's your 'coming-of-age' party, per se." Louis interjected which made me look up at him as he wrapped and arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple.

"Yes, and Zayn's 'coming-of-age' party won't be until next year. 21 for boys, 18 for girls, remember?" Cam said cheekily before wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug.

"I know, I remember that. It's just..." I took a deep breath and smiled at all of them, "Wow. I thought you'd plan a bigger party than this; complete with the whole cotillion and everything." I said as if I was in a daze.

"Do you want that?" Zayn piped up; nervously, if I may add.

"Oh, no, no. I like this. No big parties for me," I shook my head as a grin plastered itself on my face. "Just close friends and family, having a nice time together."

"Told you." Brad stated to who I assumed was Grace. I'm guessing that Grace and the girls wanted to plan this huge 18th birthday party complete with the whole she-bang, while Brad, Zayn, Louis, and the other boys came up with this idea.

"Oh, enough of this. Let me light the candles so that the birthday kids can make a wish," My mum piped up and reached out to hug me, "Happy birthday, Lil. Happy birthday to you, too, Zayn."

"Thanks, mummy/mum." Zayn and I answered simultaneously which made all of us chuckle.

They did another bad rendition of the time-old happy birthday song which had me in giggle fits before I blew out my own set of candles while Zayn blew his candles out.

All of us clapped out hands and cheered while Zayn gathered me in his free arm and hugged me to him while balancing Euan in one arm.

"What did you wish for?" He asked quietly after pecking my lips.

I looked up at him and then at all the people that were bustling about in the kitchen, trying to get a piece of that scrumptious-looking cake, before looking back into his beautiful eyes, "What more could I wish for when I have everything I could ever want and need right here? What about you? What did you wish for?"

He smiled and pecked my lips, "All my wishes came true on the very second that I met you."

Tears pricked my eyes and I sniffled a bit before smiling and pressing my lips against Zayn's. Who wouldn't be reduced to tears by that? I am seriously very lucky to have been married to Zayn out of the 7 billion people in this world. He's everything you could ever wish for a husband and more.

"I love you so much." He whispered before kissing me deeply and chuckling as he looked down at Euan then back at me, "And so does Euan. We love you, mummy."

"I love you, too, daddy. I love you, too, Euan." I answered and kissed Euan's soft cheek and then the tip of Zayn's nose which made him smile warmly at me; the same smile that still captivated me and made my heart falter even after all this time.

He's everything and more... much, much more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY IF IT WAS CRAPPY! This is the last chapter. The next one will be the Epilogue. :'( I'm so sad that this is ending. I really love all of you guys and want to thank you for even reading this in the first place. I will never ever forget all the friends I made due to this story. And, I hope that in the future, we can all do one giant meet-up and just... I dunno.. party?

If and when I become a New York Time Bestselling Author, I shall either treat everyone out for dinner or just send each one of you a postcard thanking each and every one of you for being a friend to me. :D

I love all of you.

I shall have the Epilogue up by next week. xx