Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Safe and Sound

Chapter 23: Safe and Sound

"I just don't get the point in putting ketchup in chips.. I mean, fries." I said distastefully as the boys and I entered our conjoined rooms through Louis' and Harry's room.

"What? You're insane! Fries without ketchup is like a world without Nando's!" Niall stated in a whiny manner.

"I prefer mayonnaise over ketchup." I answered with a nonchalant shrug.

"How come we never knew?" Harry asked.

"Maybe you never noticed me avoiding ketchup at all costs.." I said softly before opening the door to mine and Zayn's room.

"But you eat Spaghetti. That counts as food with ketchup." Zayn pointed out which made me pause.

"True. How about we settle for this.. I don't entirely dislike ketchup. There. Done. Nada. Zip. Zilch." All of them nodded at my answer which made me smile. "Night, guys. I'm turning in earlier than usual. I'm wiped."

"Night, Lil." Louis answered before walking over to me and kissing my forehead. The boys, bar Zayn, followed Louis' actions and I grinned at all of them.

"I love you guys so much." I bid with a smile before stepping into the spacious room that was occupied by me and my wonderful boyfriend.

***

After showering and doing my usual rituals before bed, I hopped into the king-sized bed and sat up against the  headboard and burying my face in my hands and letting out a quiet sob.

Tears fell into my hands like rain and I continued my little sob fest quietly.

"Lil? What's wrong?" Zayn asked worriedly as he half-ran over to me. I didn't look up at him; just shook my head and continued crying.

"What is it? I'm really worried about you." He said quietly before wrapping his arms around me. Then, I felt the bed shift beside me which meant that he has perched himself on my right side. "Please, tell me.. What's wrong?"

"It's just.. I.. I felt the need t-to cry. To let it a-all out." I whispered; my voice thick with emotions. Truth be told, I have this knack for crying my heart out twice a year. It helps me clear my thoughts, and it also makes me feel good afterward. It's like I'm letting all my troubles out as well as thanking God for everything good that he has given me. I know, it's crazy. But, hey, it's my life.

Zayn pulled me into his bare chest and I cried there as he smoothed my hair down and held my right hand with his left one.

"You know I'll be
Your life, your voice, your reason to be
My love, my heart is breathing for this
Moment in time,
I'll find the words to say
Before you leave me today," Zayn sang quietly before kissing the crown of my head. I continued sobbing quietly as I thought of all the good things that have happened to me in the past few months. I thought of those special people in my life; Zayn, Louis, my mum, Harry, Niall, Liam, Brad, Pandora, Evelyn, Marge, Jeremy, Grace, Duchess..

"I love you so, so much, Lil. I'll always be here for you. I can't promise you that we'll never fight again.. But, if and when we do.. Always remember that I love you so much and nothing in this world can change that. I may not be the perfect boyfriend, but know that I try to be the best I can for you. You're the only girl that I've loved wholeheartedly. I regret a lot of things in my life, and not waiting for you is one of them. Every girl before you.. they were mistakes. I can't help but feel guilty about taking your innocence from you when I have nothing to return the favor. I'm so sorry for that," I shook my head against his chest as I continued sobbing quietly and holding him tight. "There will be times when we'll be apart, and I want you to remember that no matter where I am, no matter the distance, and no matter the time difference, I will always love you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year, and forever after that. No other girl's come close to lighting up my world the way you do. You ARE my world."

I couldn't help but continue sobbing into his chest. His words just.. they made my heart swell with so much joy. I know that it's only been two weeks.. But, it feels like a lifetime. It might as well be since I'd always loved him.

"Sleep, love. We have another busy day tomorrow. I love you." He murmured before kissing my lips gently.

"Je t'aimerais toujours." I whispered before closing my eyes and slowly falling into a deep sleep.

(translation: I will always love you.)

***

"WHY ARE YOU NAKED!?" Louis' voice rang out in the room. I groaned and slowly sat up.

"What's with all the commotion?" I asked groggily; giving no indication of the crying fest that had occurred last night.

"Zayn's in only his boxers!" Louis said frantically.

"Lou, you almost always sleep in your boxers. Besides, if we had sex.. it would look like World War III had happened overnight." I pointed out which made him grin sheepishly and slowly slink out of the room.

"Good morning, love." Zayn greeted. i smiled up at him from where he stood at the side of the bed and got on my knees so I could give him a good morning kiss.

"Morning, babe." I answered before wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips against his. He immediately responded by kissing me back and wrapping an arm around my waist before throwing both of us on the bed. I giggled at his actions.

"Thank you for last night. I love you so, so, so, so, very, very much." I whispered against his lips before claiming them as mine. He grinned into the kiss and lifted me up so I was straddling his waist.

"OH MY GOD!" Niall screamed which made Zayn and I jump apart in shock.

"I came in here to call you two for breakfast and you two repay my kind actions by scarring my fragile innocence! My virgin eyes! It burns!" He screamed before throwing his hands over his eyes and running out of the room.

I looked down at Zayn and we laughed quietly before pressing our lips together again.

"Zayn?" I whispered softly as I leaned my forehead against his; my eyes closed.

"Yes, love?" He asked in the same tone.

"You have morning breath." I admitted with a giggle.

"So do you." He countered playfully before we both laughed heartily.

"I think it's time to clean up." I suggested and we got out of bed then headed to our en-suite bathroom.

I grabbed hold of my toothbrush and brushed my teeth quickly but thoroughly before turning to Zayn who was midway through brushing his teeth. I leaned against my sink and crossed my arms over my chest before raising an eyebrow at him. He turned to me with the toothpaste bubbles still flowing out of his mouth; I'm not gonna lie.. he looked like a rabid dog. Then, he walked over to me which made my eyes widen.

"Zayn! NO!" I shrieked when he tried to grab me for a kiss. Running out of the room, I tripped on the table by the door but still managed to make it into Louis' and Harry's room.

"SAVE ME, HARREH!" I shrieked and ran over to hide behind Harry as Zayn burst into the room; clad only in his boxers and foaming at the mouth.

"Are you two role playing?" He asked pervertedly which made me blush madly.

"You're useless! And a pervert!" I yelled at Harry which made him laugh. Zayn started to close in on us and I let my eyes dart to the door to Niall's and Liam's room before pushing Harry into Zayn and making a run for it. This beats cardio by a long run.

"Niall! Liam! Louis! Save me!" I yelped when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me up before throwing me down on Louis' bed which I know since it was the bed near the door.

"Vas happenin', my lovely victim!?" Zayn said in a fake Transylvanian accent which made me laugh. I noticed that the toothpaste foam wasn't present in his mouth; I gave him a curious look.

"Tissue." He said simply before pressing his lips to mine roughly yet passionately. I smiled into the kiss and kissed him back before wrapping my arms around his neck and making my fingers fiddle with the hairs at the back of his neck.

"Hey, hey.. Not on my bed." Louis barged into the room and shooed me and Zayn off his bed.

"You, go to your room and change into something presentable." Louis chastised which made me giggle. I looked back at Zayn as I walked away and winked at him when Louis wasn't looking. A huge grin made its way to his face and he winked back at me just as I was closing the double doors to use the room to change into something more presentable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohai, guys.. 2 updates in one day.. Haha.. I was feeling good since my dad bought me One Direction items from Chile, London, and NYC.. He works on a ship, and that's why he can go to different places.. I love my dad! :3

Sooo... Thanks to TooLegitToQuit for commenting..

And thank you guys so much for makin this story have 6 stars?? I'm not sure.. But, thank you all the same.. I love all of you. :)