Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Minor Changes

Chapter 35: Minor Changes

"Are you sure that you're gonna be fine by yourself?" Louis asked seriously as he and the boys lingered in mine and Zayn's suite.

"I'll be fine, guys. I'll even go shopping.. with a bodyguard." I said reassuringly.

"You can come with us, Lil." Liam piped up. I smiled at all of them and shook my head.

"Seriously, I'll be fine. You guys better scurry on now. I don't want to make you late." I said and got up off the bed before hugging and kissing each of them. Zayn hugged me again as I was leaving his grasp and pressed his lips to mine which made me smile and blush at the same time.

"I love you." He murmured and kissed my forehead.

"Love you, too, babe." I answered and leaned my head on his chest before sighing and reluctantly prying myself out of his grasp.

"If you're in trouble, just call any of us. Our phones will be on general so that we'll hear you, okay?" Lou reminded me for the umpteenth time.

"Yes, Lou. Now, go." I answered with a laugh before opening the door and motioning for them to exit.

***

Finally, I can go out. I threw on the least conspicuous clothes that I owned (that consisted of a plain white v-neck shirt and dark wash jeans) and put my Ray Bans on as well as a white beanie to help hide my identity.

So, after putting a pair of comfy sandals on, I snuck out of the hotel and went into a boutique that I've always been seeing for the duration of my stay in LA.

"Good morning, ma'am. How may I help you?" A girl in about her mid-20s said chirpily.

"Uh, hi. I'd like a completely new wardrobe. Like, bright colors.. every color under the sun." I answered before lowering my aviators and hanging them on the neckline of my shirt.

"Wait, you're Lillian Tomlinson." She stated. I nodded and motioned for her to stay quiet.

"I totally love your fashion sense!" She praised quietly.

"Thank you. But, I think I need some colored clothes. No harm in trying something new, right?" I asked with a giggle.

"True. So, what did you have in mind?" She asked.

"Anything and everything." I answered and started picking out clothes for my new and improved wardrobe. Oh, this is gonna put a dent on Lou's bank account. But, it's kind of his fault for giving me a credit card that was linked to his bank account. Besides, he told me to spend as much as I want. Yep. The most awesome big brother award goes to Louis William Tomlinson.

"Thanks." I bid before exiting the boutique; bags laden on my arms. I put my aviators back over my eyes and walked to a nearby salon. There were a few people getting pampered which was good. Too many people and I think I'd go insane.

"Hi, what can we do for you, goreous?" A gay receptionist pipes up. I smiled and hung my glasses on my shirt's neckline yet again.

"Hello. I need my my hair trimmed and I want dark brown higlights, and, can you give me full, straight bangs? That would be fantastic." I answered chirpily.

"Well, come on in and have a seat, darling." The man/woman said and ushered me over to a comfy salon chair before taking my bags from my hands and arms and placing them at a corner.

"What's your name, darling?" The person washing my hair said.

"Lillian Tomlinson." I answered. "Nice to meet you... Errr.."

"Jackie." The gay man said... well, gayly. I grinned up at him/her.

"And now an E! Hollywood extra! British boy band One Direction live!" Giuliana Rancic said with a chipper voice. I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong, darling? Don't like One Direction? Yummy boys they are." Jackie said with a playful smile as he/she rinsed my hair of the suds.

"No, it's not that." I answered truthfully.

"So, I don't see you sister anywhere, Louis. Where is she?" Giuliana Rancic asked my brother. I peered up at the TV from my chair using the mirror since the TV was on the other side of the salon.

"She's probably at the hotel; getting some 'Lil Tommo time'. Or maybe she went shopping. Lil, if you're watching this, text me if you're still alive." Louis said which made me laugh quietly.

"You have got to love him." One of Jackie's gay co-workers gushed which made me hold in my laughter. Jackie sat me upright and wrapped a towel around my head to dry my hair. I got my iPhone from my bag and texted Lou.

To: Louis Tommo
I'm alive, Lou.
Good luck with the interview.
I'm gonna get you bankrupt. LOLJK.
Love you, bro. ;D
Zayn, I <3 you, babe. :*


Louis' phone rang after I sent the message which somewhat shocked me. As far as interviews go, they didn't allow anyone to have phones on set. Then again, knowing Louis, he must've forced the management to allow him to bring his phone since I wasn't with them. Protectie brother or what?

"Is that her?" Giuliana asked. Louis got his phone out and chuckled before showing it to everyone.

"Let me read it aloud for you.. I'm alive, Lou. Good luck with the interview. I'm gonna get you bankrupt. LOLJK. Love you, bro. Winking face. Zayn, I less than three you. Oh wait, that was a heart. Babe. Kissy face." Louis stated which made almost all of the people in the salon laugh aloud.

"She certainly has Louis' humor." Giuliana pointed out.

"Oh yeah! She and Louis are almost like twins." Harry piped up. I rolled my eyes. Jackie looked at me before continuing snipping my hair up to my shoulder blades. Goodbye, waist-length hair.

"You have some similarities but not too many." Niall said as he surveyed Lou's face.

"Do you have a picture of her.. As a reference?" Giuliana asked. Louis unlocked his iPhone and tinkered with it before showing it to Giuliana as well as the camera. It was our picture from five weeks ago. He had his arm around my shoulder and I had my arms wrapped around his torso.

"She looks more like our mum and I look more like our dad." Louis stated with a grin.

"That's you." Jackie whispered in disbelief. I looked around and saw that everyone was staring at me. Creepy much?

"Yeah. He's my brother. And that guy with the black hair is Zayn; my boyfriend." I said sheepishly.

"Well, he's a fine specimen." Jackie said with a wide grin before mixing up a solution and wiping it on my newly cut bangs that were still wavy.

"Thanks." I answered with a laugh before leaning back in the chair and paying half a mind to the boys' interview.

***

"Oh, wow. It looks wonderful. Thank you, Jackie." I gushed when I saw the final product of three hours of sitting there.

"You look gorgeous, darling." he/she answered. I dug through my pocket and handed her fifty dollars as a tip. Then, I hugged him/her before taking a picture with Jackie, grabbing my things, and proceeding to the counter to pay.

"Thank you, come again." The new receptionist bid. I smiled before putting my aviators on and strutting to the hotel; running my hand through my ironed hair. I'm not as vain as Zayn, but... just this once I'm gonna be vain. I looked really beautiful with straight hair. Maybe I should iron my hair more often instead of just leaving it in its typical curls?

When I got to the hotel, I removed my glasses and went up to mine and Zayn's suite before changing into a purple tank top and a pair of denim jeans and just making myself cosy on the couch.

"Lil?" Zayn's familiar voice rang in the room. I turned to look at him and his jaw dropped open; literally. He blinked twice before rushing over to me.

"You're wearing purple! And your hair.." He said; clearly in a state of shock.

"You like it?" I asked quietly.

"I love it. You look gorgeous." He said and wrapped his arms around me. I giggled and pecked his lips.

"Zayn?" Louis asked loudly.

"Hey, Lou." I greeted with a wide grin.

"Who are you and what have you done with my sister!?" Louis said as he rushed over to me and held a few strands of my hair up in between his thumb and index finger.

"You're wearing purple!" Louis murmured disbelievingly.

"Yes, I am. I went shopping today. I hope you're not mad at me for spending over my wardrobe." I said softly.

"Are you kidding?! I'm proud of you for making changes. Only brave people can accept change as readily as you did." Louis said deeply which made Zayn and I laugh quietly.

"Who's the.. LIL!?" Harry asked in disbelief; making Liam and Niall rush into the room.

"Hey, guys. Like the new do?" I inquired with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"We LOVE it!" Niall yelled before plopping down on the couch.

"It looks good on you." Liam complimented. 

"Purple's your color, Lil." Harry added. I thanked them for their compliments and we set off to talking about our day.

***

That night, Zayn and I lay under our duvet, cuddled together after a round of passionate love-making.

"Zayn?" I asked tentatively. Zayn looked down at me and I took that as my cue to ask my question. "What if you find a better woman for you?"

"There will be no one more perfect for me than you are, love. I've told you time and time again... you're the only one that I have ever loved like this. And you're the only one that I will ever love like this." He answered quietly before kissing my forehead.

"I just can't help but think. I'm not pretty, or extra smart, or model thin like other girls... I'm not perfect." I whispered. Zayn tilted my head up by placing his fingers under my chin.

"You're not pretty. You're not beautiful. You're gorgeous. You're not smart or extra smart, you're a genius. And, yes, you're not stick thin  with a size zero waist.. You're sexy. I'd still love you even if you looked any different. You are my perfect girlfriend and my perfect future wife,  there is nothing that is going to make me love you less than I love you now. With every passing day, I fall more and more in love with you." Zayn said softly before pressing his lips to mine.

"Why are you so kind to me?" I whispered against his lips.

"I'm not being kind.. I'm being honest." he murmured against my lips before claiming them in a passionate kiss that made my body feel like it was on fire.

It's kind of cheesy to say this, but, as my parting words for now... We made love until the morning light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lil's Clothes (both day and night)

Ohai, guys.. please leave me some comments..

I'm in a rush so I can't do a long A/N now.

Toodles. :)