Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

The Thin Line Between Backstabbers and Best Friends

"Ugh. This is so boring!" I muttered quietly as Professor Andrews droned on and on about the sickness and diseases that a person acquires in his/her lifetime.

"You can say that again." Brad said from beside me. We might be in different houses, but we have the same schedule.

"Ugh. This is so boring." I repeated with a grin plastered on my face.

"I was metaphorically speaking." He said with a roll of his eyes. I laughed quietly and checked my watch.

"Time?" Pandora whispered from behind me.

"Ten to twelve. Ten more minutes of this horrible crap." I muttered and then we all snickered which made Professor Andrews shoot her gaze towards us.

"Miss Tomlinson, would you like to share something with us?" She asked as she fixed her glasses on the bridge of her pointed nose.

"What is the topic again, professor?" I asked innocently.

"Kidney failure and such." She somewhat snapped at me.

"Oh, how stupid of me to forget. I actually want to point out that what she," I pointed to one of my classmates who previously told everyone in the class that people with missing internal organs were gross and freaks. "said earlier about people having less internal organs than others are gross.. and freaks.. that's not true. My brother has a band mate, Liam, that has only one kidney.. he's as fine as ever. He's not gross or a freak. He's an awesome person who lives a normal life like all of us. He's actually kind of cute.. and I'm sure that a billion girls in the world would agree with me."

People whooped and I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly before smiling and sitting down.

"Of course you'd say that! Your brother's famous." Someone pointed out.

"What does that have to do with anything? I simply pointed out that everyone is equal by using Liam as an example. I don't know what my brother's fame has to do with that statement. So, shut up." I snapped at that person. Brad grinned and clapped my shoulder. I smiled and then shut my book.

"Class dismissed." Professor Andrews said agitatedly. I really know how to piss her off, eh?

"Lil, what you said in there was amazing!" Grace said proudly. We grinned at each other and walked towards the nearest loo. The girls all started fixing their hair and make-up as I stood to the side and just tinkered with their lipsticks and mascaras since I wore little to no make-up.

"So, lunch?" Evelyn asked aloud. I nodded and set the tube of lipstick down.

"Wait, I need to change first." Marge said with her hands raised--palms up.

"So, dormitory.. then the lunch hall?" I confirmed.

"Yup. Let's go. C'mon, Brad!" Grace said and then half-dragged Brad towards our dormitory.

"Should I change clothes, too?" I asked no one in particular.

"Of course.. you can't wear that tacky school uniform all afternoon." Evelyn said and poked my side. I barely flinched since I had no ticklish spots anywhere on my body.. bar my feet.

"Okay. I was just asking. No need to poke me." I made a face at her and all of us laughed.

"NO! REALLY!? That backstabber!" Grace hissed quite loudly. I looked at her and she had a serious look on her normally cheerful face.

"What's up?" I asked as I strolled up to her and Brad.

"Ariana's up! She's backstabbing us. ALL OF US!" Brad said angrily.

"But.. she's our friend. She declared herself as our friend. Which is not really valid since we never agreed to being her friend. But still, she's sort of our friend. Why would she do something like that?" I said confusedly. I never knew Ariana to be a backstabbing bitch.

"Are you really that daft, woman?" Brad said in a angry yet playful manner. "She doesn't hang out with us as often as before."

"I noticed that.. but I never really paid close attention to it. And, she got into drinking and smoking and cutting classes. You know Gelli? She's actually nice, despite the drinking and smoking exterior. Her and her friends are nice." I said softly as we continued walking to Purcell's dormtories.

"Yeah, they are.. I think they understand us since she's also backstabbing them." Brad answered.

"I'm not catching up with any of this." Evelyn stated confusedly.

"Ariana's telling Gelli and her friends things about us while she's telling us bad things about them. And, Isabel's gone boy-crazy. You know that nice boy.. Shem? Yeah, him.. she's flirting with Shem's bestfriend while he's 'dating' her. I feel so sorry for him. And we have Arthur, Robert, Xavier, and some other boys who have no idea that she's just leading them on." I spilled everything out to them.

"WHAT!?" was their initial reaction.

"Yeah. You heard me. Tons of boys at a time.." I said distastefully and made a face.

"As opposed to you who has only been pining after one boy ever since your brother got put into a band." Pandora teased which made me blush.

"Shut up. Mine and Zayn's non-existent relationship is none of your business, Pandora." I rolled my eyes as I huffed.

"Oh, it is soooo our business. Best friends forever, remember? The Food Crew. TFC for life?" Evelyn cut in. I groaned aloud and stomped my feet.

"Fine. It's your business also. It's just.. it's COMPLETELY IN-EXISTENT! He doesn't even notice me like that!" I said aggravatedly and pulled at my hair.

"Don't give up, Lil. I'm sure Louis has something up his sleeve." Marge said optimistically. I sighed.

"The little dolt has been on my case ever since he found out my secret affections for Zayn." I muttered and scoffed. Brad grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

"Watch where you're going." He said with a laugh. I looked at him like he was insane and then he pointed to the path that I was taking earlier. I almost ran into a tree. My cheeks burned scarlet and I bit my bottom lip to avoid sputtering excuses.

"You have the habit of almost running into things. Is it genetic?" Grace asked through her laughing fit.

"I think so. Louis almost ran into a trash bin yesterday. It was hilarious." I said and burst out laughing. The others joined me as we walked into our dormitory.

"It's eerily quiet..." I whispered.

"Yeah. Usually, girls would be running around this place." Brad said quietly as we walked up a flight of stairs. Then, I heard it.. the incessant squealing and the door-pounding. Not just any squealing... fan-girl squealing.

"Louis' here." I muttered and then dashed up the stairs. All of them followed suit and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a HOARD of girls pounding on the door to my room while screaming out 'LOUIS, NIALL, ZAYN, HARRY, LIAM' and 'I LOVE YOU!' and some other things that made me cringe.

"Gerroff my fucking door, people! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" I yelled angrily. Everyone just continued shouting and pounding on my door. So, I put my fingers to my lips and whistled quite loudly which made all the commotion cease.

"GET. OFF. MY. FUCKING. DOOR! What the bloody hell is going on anyway!?" I shouted angrily as I stomped my foot. My house mates knew not to mess with me when I was in one of my bitch rants. They knew that I would really murder them if I wanted to.

"One Direction!!!" Someone screeched. I scowled and shook my head.

"It's just my brother! He's just a normal person like everyone in this house! Now, get, before I shove all of your bloody arses down the stairs! You've done enough damage to my door as it is!" I yelled angrily. "GET OFF!"

"Well, that's one way to handle the situation." Brad said with a laugh and patted my shoulder. I turned to glare at him and he slowly retracted his hand.

"Fuck off. Those bitches scratched the paint on my door." I huffed and grabbed my keys from my bag before unlocking the door and stepping in my spacious room.

"LILLIAN!" Louis yelled and hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged him back. "I missed you!"

"We just saw each other earlier." I pointed out.

"But still, I missed my little sister." He answered and ruffled my hair. I giggled and fixed my hair.

"You owe me a new door, Lou." I said jokingly. Louis laughed along with me and kissed my forehead.

"The boys are here, too." He stated. I looked up and saw the boys all looking at me with grins on their adorable faces. I turned back to my friends and ushered them into my room before shutting the door and locking it. My room looked spacious before, but now it looked like a tin can.

"Hi, guys! You remember my buddies, yeah?" I asked joyfully.

"Of course. How can one forget about your friends?" Niall said coolly. I grinned and ran up to him before giving him a hug.

"Hello, Nialler. I hope Harry let you eat some of those Nutella crepes I made for all of you." I said softly and kissed his cheek.

"Actually, it wasn't Harry who ate most of it. Three guesses who." He said with a grin.

"Louis." I said confidently. He shook his head and I looked at him with a puzzled look on my face.

"Nope. Try again." Harry said aloud as he laughed. I tilted my head to the side and then gave him a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Liam." I said and pointed at aforementioned person. He chuckled but shook his head before hugging me back and kissing my cheek.

"What? Zayn?" I said disbelievingly as I felt a light blush creep up my cheeks. He blushed a beet red but he nodded as he scratched the back of his neck with his right hand. I found it cute, nonetheless.

"Yeah. I kind of.. well.. it tasted so good.. I mean... you're an awesome cook. And.. I just.. Hi." He stammered which made me blush even redder and giggle quietly. I reached out and hugged him. He returned the gesture and planted a kiss upon my cheek which made me get butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey." I answered quietly and smiled against the crook of his neck.

"So, why were you in a bitchy mood earlier?" Louis asked as he plopped down on the couch.

"Ariana's a backstabbing bitch." I said simply. The 1D boys all looked at me confusedly and Brad set out to explain everything to them since the girls were all too busy giggling at the sight of Louis. Like, he's my brother. That's gross.

"Then, you should stop hanging out with her." Louis said and hugged me before kissing the top of my head and then returning to his seat.

"That would be rude, wouldn't it?" Marge piped up.

"But, she's backstabbing you lot." Niall pointed out.

"True." Evelyn answered.

"Where's your other friend?" Harry asked.

"Jeremy? He has different classes. Poor lad." I said with a sad smile. "What are you guys doing here, anyway?"

"We wanted to thank you for the amazing breakfast. Most of which, Zayn ate." Liam teased. I blushed madly and then bit my bottom lip before looking over at Louis who was snickering behind his hand. The fact that Zayn was right beside me didn't help at all.

"And, we thought that a text message was too impersonal.. so.. we came over to thank you. Before you go ranting off about us not being in our interview.. we already finished it." Louis piped up. I smiled at him and he returned it.

"So, what do I get?" I asked curiously.

"A kiss from Zayn." The boys, sans Zayn, said happily. The girls giggled and Brad chuckled as my face turned into the brightest shade of red possible.

"W-what?" I stammered.

"They're joking." Zayn murmured from beside me. I looked up at him and found that his face was also the same red as mine.

"We got you a bouquet of pink lilies. Your favorite." Zayn whispered and walked over to Louis who magically had a bouquet of my favorite flowers in his hands. He handed it to Zayn and Zayn gave it to me before kissing my cheek; a few centimeters from my lips. I had to do everything I could just to remain conscious. I was falling even more for him... and it was all my brother's fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHAI, GUYS!

I just have one request and one sole request.. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE leave me some comments. I need to know what you guys think about this story. I'm sorry if I'm being demanding, but.. it disheartens me to write whenever I see no new notifications.

BTW, a MASSIVE thanks to seventeen forever. for commenting on this story. :D I really appreciate it.. and, thank you so much. :3

Anyways, today in baking class (yeah.. HRM students have a class like that..) I made cookies.. not just any cookies, though.. One Direction-inspired cookies.. :D

Image

I'm sorry if the picture is somewhat blurry.. I took that with my phone's camera.. I have more of those 1D cookies, but no one wants to eat them because they're too pretty to eat... and, modesty aside, trust me when I say that I have some mean cooking and baking skills. Sooo.. I have to eat them all alone. :'(

There was supposed to be a spoon cookie, but it got ruined halfway through the baking process.. so.. yeah.. I ate it as soon as it was out of the oven. My tongue still hurts. :(

Alright, that's about it.. LOL.. Hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Please leave me some comments.. PLEASE.. :)

Love,
Jen Malik.. :D

P.S. I got this idea from real events.. I hate backstabbers, okay? ;D I thought you were my friend.