Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

CHAPTER 45

It's been a week and a half since mine and Zayn's engagement. Today's April 21. And, we're back in England for a whole week off. That means back to school for me; for a few days, anyway.

"First stop: home." Harry stated excitedly. I smiled and snuggled even further into Zayn.

"Yeah." I agreed.

We didn't have to wait long since we were already at Harry and Lou's apartment. We hopped out of the van and lugged ourselves up to the front door. Lou unlocked the door and all of us jumped in shock. All our families were there! They were actually there!

"Wow!" Niall exclaimed and ran over to hug his mum and older brother. I grinned and looked at Zayn before dragging him in the house and hugging my mother along with Louis and Duchess. Zayn took that as his chance to greet his parents and sisters.

"I can't believe that my baby's already engaged!" Mum said happily with tears in her eyes as she held my face in her hands. Zayn came back at that moment.

My mum literally just wrapped Zayn in a Tommo hug which made me smile fondly.

"Hello, Mrs. Tomlinson." Zayn greeted politely.

"Oh, no need for that, Zayn! We're family! You can call me mum." Mum piped up which made me blush in embarassment. Lou chuckled as he held Duchess. I turned to them and hugged Duchess tightly before giving her back to Lou.

"If I may steal Lil for a moment, Mrs.. I mean, mum." Zayn said with a small smile.

"Go ahead." Mum encouraged. Zayn thanked her and grinned at Lou before grabbing my hand and half-dragging me towards his family. I felt nervous then and there.

"They're gonna love you." Zayn whispered before stopping in front of his parents.

"Everyone, I'd like you to finally meet Lillian Jane Tomlinson; my beloved fiancé." Zayn introduced me which made me blush. "Love, this is my mum, dad, Doniya, Safaa, and Walihya."

"It's very nice to finally meet you, Lillian! Zayn has always been gushing on about this gorgeous girl. You're more gorgeous in person." Mrs. Malik gushed which made me bite my bottom lip in shyness.

"Thank you, Mrs.--" she cut me off.

"Call me mum and call Yasser dad. Welcome to the family." She said happily before hugging me. To say that I was shocked would be an understatement.

"It's very lovely to meet all of you." I said softly before hugging each of them.

"You give good hugs." Zayn's youngest sister said. I smiled and hugged her again.

"Thank you. You have very pretty eyes." I complimented her which made her blush.

"Thank you." She answered shyly. "Are you gonna be my older sister now?"

That question took me by surprise. I looked up at Zayn and he grinned before crouching down beside me.

"Yes, Lil's going to be your older sister." Zayn murmured and kissed her forehead. I smiled fondly at them and imagined what our life would be like a few years from now. Yep, it was great.

"I totally love your fashion sense." Walihya complimented which made me smile shyly at her.

"It seems that everyone likes my fashion sense. Maybe I should just be a fashion designer?" I said with a laugh.

"You're going to go to college?" Doniya asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Hotel and Restaurant Administration." I answered.

"You want to be a chef?" Yasser asked. I nodded, yet again.

"She has some amazing cooking skills. We always eat five star meals because of Lil." Zayn said smugly which made me blush and hit his arm lightly. "I'm just being honest, love."

***

"Okay, so, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... Zayn and I will stay here." I confirmed with a wide smile on my face.

"Yeah. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.. You two will stay at his flat. On Sunday, you'll spend the morning here and go back there in the afternoon." Louis answered sternly. He really didn't want me to completely move out, so, we made a compromise.

Right now, we're having breakfast. The folks already left last night after dinner. Zayn stayed over.

"It's settled then. It starts today." I exclaimed happily before eating a spoonful of cake that was left over from yesterday's welcoming party.

"Do you really have to partially move out? You and Zayn can just move in here." Louis half whined, half pleaded. He REALLY doesn't want me to leave, yeah?

"Lou, Zayn and I need to get used to living together; just the two of us. I can't always depend on you to provide for me. Eventually, I'd need to get a job to help Zayn fun our future. I for one, don't want my children to grow up in a flat. I want them to experience a nice childhood with a home in the suburbs. You know, so that they're dad's and uncles' fame won't get to their heads. And yes, uncles' was plural." I stated with a laugh. Lou managed to smile sadly. "I'll always be your baby sister."

"I know. I just... I'll have to get used to the fact that you're gonna get married before me." Lou whined like a baby. I looked at him before bursting out into loud laughter.

***

Monday finally came, and for that, I was somewhat excited.

I walked through the grounds towards my first class of the day; English. Those people who saw me were shocked to see me; to say the least. Our homecoming was very low-key which was really great. Very few people knew that we were back in London for a week. So, when I stepped in the room, all eyes were on me as if I was a ghost.

"Lil!?" Grace shrieked before tackling me in a hug. I grinned and hugged her back.

"She's alive!" Marge joined in our little hug fest before I got bombarded by more hugs.

"I brought your presents!" I announced before sitting down on my usual seat and handing them various items from America as well as Australia.

"You know, most girls get a bouquet of roses on their first month together." Evelyn pointed out.

"Well, Zayn's just awesome like that." I answered with a fond smile.

"Yeah. You lucky bitch! How did he propose?" Pandora asked.

"He woke me up when he and the boys got back from securing the area in the Royal Botanical Garden that was by the Harbour and the Opera House." I continued gushing on about my hush hush engagement. Zayn and I haven't confirmed nor denied anything. But, we'll announce it soon. Some fans are happy, some are angry. But, all I can say is: FUCK THEM.

"Good morning, class. Welcome back, Miss Tomlinson. Or should I say Mrs.  Malik?" My English professor said with a small smile on her face.

"It's nice to be back, ma'am. Though, it's only temporary. I leave for France next week." I answered with a warm smile on my face.

"Very well, then. Has anyone informed you about the fund raising activity tomorrow?" She asked.

Apparently, we have to raise funds for a cause of our choice. My classmates have thought of a bake sale, and I agreed to that.

"Maybe you should just change it to a signing?" Ariana asked; she's such a backstabbing bitch. I smiled fakely at her.

"The boys went home for a vacation. I won't make them do something that's not on their agenda no matter how much they would want to help." I answered with a smirk. "But, I'm sure that I can pitch in a few autographed albums."

After school, I asked the boys to autograph ten albums as my contribution. They were kind enough not to complain, so, I cooked a hefty dinner for them.

"Is it gonna be held at your school, love?" Zayn asked softly as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and kissed my neck.

"Yes. Why?" I asked breathlessly.

"Nothing. Just curious. What time will it be?"

"7 AM to 4 PM." 

"Interesting." Zayn whispered before placing his lips on the special spot on my neck and sucking. One thing led to another and... Well, this is a perk of having your fiancé live with you.

***

"Hi, I'd like to purchase three of these." A girl, probably around 12, said and pointed to the cupcakes. I wrapped them up and handed it to her before accepting her payment and handing her change to her.

"Hey, you're.." I cut her off.

"Yeah. Lillian Tomlinson. Aren't you Louis Tomlinson's sister? Yes, I am. Aren't you Zayn's girlfiend? Yes, I am. Are you two engaged? No comment. Is he a great kisser? Amazing!" I stated and answered all the questions that about eleven girls have asked me in the span of an hour.

"Hi. You're entitled for a ticket to win one of ten autographed Up All Night albums." Brad cut in and I smiled gratefully at him.

I leaned down to retrieve the coin that fell from my hand and placed it in the register before looking around the grounds where booths were laid out; students selling things to people who were strolling in the school.

"Hello, How much for a cookie?" A girl at around 14 asked me as she pointed to a cookie. I smiled and was about to answer when I felt someone pull me from my waist. Then, a pair of very familiar lips crashed against mine. My eyes involuntarily closed and my hands roamed up Zayn's arm then his neck before landing on his... beanie? I opened my eyes and found that it really was my fiancé ho was snogging me senseless; and he was wearing a disguise of sorts; grey beanie, black quater-sleeve shirt, tan pants, and black Nike high-tops. Oh, and let's not forget his dorky yet adorable glasses.

"Hey, babe." I whispered breathlessly; ignoring the prying eyes that were glued on the two of us. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit my gorgeous fiancé?" he whispered in my ear which made me shiver involuntarily. He hugged me tighter to him and I smiled.

"Are the boys here?" I asked.

"They're in the van." He answered before kissing my forehead; making me blush. "I have something for you."

"Oh, babe.." I began to protest but he cut me off by pecking my lips. Okay, this is PDA.. and it's not really accepted in my school. But, screw the rules! My fiancé wants to kiss me. And, said fiancé just so happens to be Zayn Malik. All arguments are invalid.

Zayn dug around in his pocket before pulling out two shiny, silver charms. He held my wrist up before fastening both charms on the charm bracelet that I always wore; along with my engagement ring.

"The butterfly is for when I proposed. That was the moment that I felt that many butterflies in my stomach. I was very nervous and terrified that you would reject me." He whispered before smiling and looking back down at the other charm that he held between his index finger and thumb. He slowly unveiled it to me and my eyes teared up.

"It's a key. Because not only do you have the key to both our houses.. but you also hold the key to my heart. Cheesy, I know." He said sheepishly. I shook my head before placing my hands on both sides of his face and pulling his lips to come crashing down on mine.

"You are just too perfect. I love you so, so much, Zayn Jawaad Malik." I whispered against his lips before breaking off when I heard the fangirling shrieks that only Directioners can produce.

"They never listen." Zayn murmured before smiling and pecking my lips. "For the record, babe... I love you more."