Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

CHAPTER 54: Glow

Chapter 54: Glow

"I need to go home." I said frantically as I tossed various clothes in my luggage that sat on top of mine and Zayn's bed.

"What? Why?" Zayn asked.

"Duchess fell down the stairs." I answered as I wiped a stray tear that rolled down my cheek. Zayn put his hand on top of mine and loosened my grip on the shirt that I was holding before slowly wrapping his arms around me and placing his cheek against my forehead. I hugged him back and cried silently. I know that most of you will deem me as a naïve little girl for crying over a dog. But, Duchess is more than that to me. I have this great emotional attachment to the little devil that terrorized the boys. She's like my baby.

"I'm coming with you." He whispered as he stroked my hair.

"But, what about-" Zayn cut me off.

"They can hate me for all I care. I need to be there with you. You mean the most to me..."

Zayn's words made my heart crumble; in a good way. He kissed the crown of my head before wiping the tears that rolled down my cheeks and smiling slightly.

"Does Louis know?" He asked softly.

"I don't know. I just got done talking to mum." I answered.

"Lil, did mum call you?!" Louis burst out as he entered the room in a frantic state. "We need to go home."

"I'm coming along." Zayn piped up.

"Good. I'll tell the lads." Lou said quietly as I continued crying silently.

"What!? She broke two legs and fractured a rib? Poor thing." Liam burst aloud which made me sob even more into Zayn's chest.

"We're coming along." Niall's distinct accented voice stated firmly.

"Yeah. Lil needs us. All of us." Harry said seriously.

***

After Lou called the airport to book some tickets for the first flight to London, we immediately packed up and went to the airport.

Apparently, news travels fast here. Since paparazzi were cluttered all over the place. Zayn wrapped his arm around me and slipped his flat cap on my head before placing his Ray Bans over my red, puffy eyes. He cradled me to his chest as if he was trying to hide me from the world. My heart soared at that gesture. I really didn't want any more pictures of me crying to fly out all over the world. That teary lover's spat three days ago scarred me.

"Zayn, Zayn! What can you say--" I didn't get to hear the rest of that question since we walked by very quickly.

"What happened, Lil?!" One reporter shouted over the commotion. Then, a few paparazzi managed to climb over the barricades and rushed towards me. I felt suffocated as Zayn tried to maneuver me away from their cameras and microphones. The boys came to our aid and blocked me and my hunched form from the prying eyes of the world.

"Leave her alone." Louis snapped at a reporter that kept yelling questions at me.

After almost twenty minutes of walking through a thron of reporters, we finally made it to the boarding area and we rushed into the tunnel an then boarded the plane.

***

Three hours of tense waiting had passed before we landed at Heathrow Airport. The airport staff ushered us out of the airport through the employee's entrance and exit; at that moment, I realized that the boys' fame was all-too-real; that this wasn't something simple anymore.

"Lil! Lil! Why the sudden flight home!?" A reporter yelled through the barricade.

Zayn readjusted his flat cap that was on my head and cradled me closer to him. Then, he leaned down and placed a light kiss on my lips.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

"A little." I admitted quietly; my voice hoarse from all the crying I did earlier.

"We're at the car." He whispered and readjusted his arm around me before helping me climb in the van before slipping in beside me and shielding me from the flashbulbs that twinkled outside our safe haven.

***

"We're almost there, Lil." Lou said softly as he patted my hair down. I was very anxious to get to Duchess as fast as possible. I needed to see that she was... For lack of better word: alright.

I don't know how long had passed,but, it was just too long for me until the van stopped in front of the familiar house. Lou bounded out of the van and turned back to me before helping me off.

"Come, love." Zayn whispered from behind me. He grabbed hold of my hand and gently led me up to the front door. Lou opened it and stepped through the threshold. My yes instantly landed on the little creature that was bandaged up and laying on the couch in a very pitying position. My mum looked up from Duchess and gently eased herself off the couch before running towards Lou and I and grabbing us in a tight hug.

"What happened, mum?" Lou asked.

"Why don't we all sit down before i explain." She suggested and everyone nodded before finding a comfortable spot to sit it, either on the floor or the vacant couches. I sat down beside Duchess and Zayn eased himself down beside my legs.

I gently ran my fingers over the exposed fur on Duchess' body and bit my bottom lip to keep my tears and sobs at bay when she looked up at me with her brown eyes.

"I was in the laundry room when it happened. There was this thumping sound that came from the stairs so I checked it out. And I found the poor thing at the bottom of the stairs in a heap. She couldn't even walk and she kept whimpering when I touched her." Mum narrated. I nodded and Zayn placed a hand on my knee.

I was glad that he was here; that they were all here.

***

"Lil, will you help me with dinner?" Mum asked from the kitchen. So far, I haven't left Duchess' side aside from when I went to take a wee.

"Watch her for me." I whispered to the boys before gingerly getting up off the couch and heading to the kitchen.

"Baby doll, come here." Mum said quietly as she beckoned me further into the kitchen.

"Mummy?" I asked. She placed her index finger over her lips and I nodded silently.

"When was the last time that you had your period?" She asked quietly. I furrowed my eyebrows and mentally ticked the days off.

"Today's May 19. I was supposed to have my period on the 10th." I whispered. And then, realization came crashing down on me. I've never missed a period in my entire life.

"Did you have on instance when you forgot to drink your pills?" Mum asked softly; thank God that she wasn't angry.

"I forgot to drink them from the 4th to 9th." I mumbled.

"And did you and Zayn have sex during those days?" She asked again . I nodded. "You're 13 days along."

I was shocked. Happy. Worried. Scared. And many other feelings. But, I was mostly scared. I was scared because I didn't know how to tell Zayn.

"How did you know?" I asked quietly.

"You had this glow. The pregnancy glow." My mother answered. "Besides, I'm a nurse, remember?"

"Are you mad?"

"A little sad. But, mostly I'm happy for you and Zayn. You two are going to get married, so, I know that Zayn will not abandon you or the baby."

"How do I tell him?" I whispered.

"I don't know, Baby doll. I'm sorry."

All I can say is: Holy Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
A'ight, guys.. I meant to post this up sooner, but my uncle (who's a newly converted Directioner, btw) literally yanked me out of bed so he could rate my driving skills.. I can go out on my own now.. :D sadly, I scratched the car.. And my mum threw a fit, but she didn't ground me.. It's my car, after all.. :3

Anyways, this is my surprise.. YAY! Lil's preggo! I haven't forgotten her modeling gig, though.. I have more tricks up my sleeve.. ;D

Oh, thank you soooo much to xodangersbellaxo and dj tommo for the very lovely comments.. :3 and, I was talking with this amazing girl earlier(I don't know if she wants me to air out her name since we only talk via the private message option) and she made me appreciate my casual writing style.. :3 People told me that they liked it, but I never understood why, and now I know. So, thank you so much for making me appreciate that. :)

So, tell me how you think Lil should tell Zayn. If I like your suggestion and if it goes along with what I have planned, I'll incorporate it into the story.. :3

Much love, people.. :D