Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

CHAPTER 57: Two Is Better Than One

Chapter 57: Two Is Better Than One

"Let me get this straight, you," Harry pointed at Zayn. "thought that Lil was cheating on you with Liam?"

Zayn blushed and rolled his eyes before taking a sip of his apple juice. Everyone at the table laughed.

"It's Liam's fault, though. He's a really slow talker. And, he made me cry." I said with a laugh as I pointed my toast at Liam.

"I am not! We took so long because you're such a crybaby." Liam shot back which made me scoff.

"She's a spoiled crybaby. I remember this one time when we went to the mall; I was 17 and she was 14 back then. Lil really wanted this Jonas Brothers album, and I said that she couldn't have it since she didn't bring her own money.. You know what she did?" Lou asked. The boys gave curious looks at him and I quietly munched on my toast after rolling my eyes.

"She threw a fit! She stomped her feet and glared at me before holding her hand out." Lou narrated. "Then she said 'I want to go home.'."

"I was asking him for bus fare. And he panicked before literally dragging me to the store and buying the album for me." I continued with a small smile.

"You still owe me for that." Lou stated before finishing his Yorkshire tea off.

"No, I don't. I never said anything about owing you." I countered before taking a sip of my morning coffee. Yeah, I'm more of a coffee person than a tea person.

"You're so mean!" Lou cried as he chucked a carrot stick at me. It landed on my white tank top and I glared at him.

"Oh, no, you didn't." I hissed as I smeared my fingers with Nutella from one of my toasts and glaring at Lou who was beside me.

"I'm wearing a white shirt, too!" He yelped before I smothered his white, stripy shirt with the chocolatey goodness.

"Now, we're even." I said smugly as I smirked at my older brother.

" Mum!" Louis whined and turned to our mother who was laughing silently as she cooked more waffles for the boys.

"Lillian Jane," Mum chastised. I sent her an incredulous look before huffing and shoving Lou lightly.

"You're such a mama's boy." I mumbled.

"You're the one to speak, daddy's girl." Lou said and flicked my nose which made me glare at him and rub my nose.

"Oh, shut up."

***

"How come you're not angry at your dad for.. you know.." Zayn trailed off as we lay sprawled on the grass in the backyard.

"You can say it, you know." I said and laughed quietly. "I'm not angry at him for leaving us... Because.. It would do no good to hate him for it. It won't change anything. Besides, it's not like he stopped talking to us. He still calls us, sometimes he even drops by to check on mum."

"And your mum still loves him?" Zayn asked curiously.

"I think so. They got married and had Lou and I, after all. And, we used to be this little happy family. Not perfect, but happy." I answered with a smile and turned to him; leaning on my hand to prop me up. "What's with all the questions? You're not thinking about divorcing me, are you? Not even married yet and you're already thinking about a divorce."

"What? No. I was just curious. If we're gonna get married, I need to know how you feel about your parents' divorce and what-not so I would know how to approach you about touchy subjects in the future."

"Gathering information. I like it." I said with a giggle and pinched Zayn's right cheek with my left hand. He put his hand up to my wrist and gently brought my palm to his lips before planting a soft kiss on it; it made me feel flustered.

Zayn chuckled as I blushed. Then, he brought his gaze up to mine and from what I could decipher, his eyes held love, adoration, and a little mischief in them. But there was something else, something that seemed to bug him. It's really weird how I can read Zayn's emotions through his eyes, but maybe that's just how it is when you love someone so much; you gain the ability to read them like an open book.

"How do you feel about two weddings?" He asked quietly. I furrowed my eyebrows on confusion and he chuckled.

"Two weddings?" I asked confusedly. He nodded.

"Two weddings." 

"Who's getting married?" 

"You and me. Me and you." Zayn said with this certainty that made my heart soar.

"But, that's the same."

"Yes, I know. But, we're getting married. Twice."

"What? Why? Not that I'm complaining or anything."

"Because I want one of our weddings to be just us, the boys, our families, and a handful of friends."

"An intimate wedding?" I asked; te prospect of two weddings appealing to me more by the second.

"Yes. And the other wedding is for... everyone to know that you're mine and mine alone. Sorry if I'm being possessive." He mumbled as a blush slowly crept up his cheeks. I giggled and shook my head in slight disbelief. How can he get anymore perfect?

"That's fine, babe. But, my dilemma concerns our religion. You're a Muslim, while I'm a Christian. Surely, I would need to convert."

"No, love. You're not converting into Muslim." He answered with a wide grin as he placed a hand on my cheek before pecking my lips. I was confused at first, but when realization sunk in, my eyes began to get teary.

"You'll convert into Christianity for me? But what about your dad? Your mum?" I tripped over my own words in sheer excitement.

"My mum's a Christian. As for my dad... I'll talk to him about it." Zayn assured me with a smile on his face. And, that was it, the water works began. I hugged Zayn tightly as I cried silently into his chest. He chuckled and kept running his hands through my hair; effectively soothing me.

"Why are you so perfect?" I whispered and he chuckled.

"Because, Lillian Jane Tomlinson-soon-to-be-Malik, you make me strive to be the best that I can be."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, guys.. Sorry for the late update.. I just got back from the mall.. And, wow.. There are A LOT of people lining up to watch The Avengers in 3D.

Anyways, thank you to TooLegitToQuit, rockanroll, xodangersbellaxo, xiheartonedirection, onedirection1998, grl_lk_moi_320, and dj tommo for the amaZAYN, fabuLOUIS, phenomeNIALL, brilLIAM, and extraordinHARRY comments. :3

I really am sorry for not updating sooner. I don't know if I can update tomorrow, since I'm going to Manila to get a new pair of prescription glasses. I accidentally sat on my old pair.. And yeah.. I need to get a new pair since nearsightedness is a disease in my family...

Tell me what you thought of the chappy. Did it suck majorly? Too much drabble? Too much fluff? More fluff? Just tell me and I will fix it for I am awesome. LOLJK.

Oh, and just for those who want to add me up on FB, just PM me.. I almost always post about 1D. And, if you want to know mine and Cam's endless inside jokes, yeah.. That's the place to be.

Cam, I can't give you the internet, so, have a lemon instead. May the lemons be ever i your flavor. LEMONTUBE. ;D