Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Chapter 65: Too Little, Too Late

Image


*Zayn's P.O.V.*

Run, you idiot. Run faster. She needs you. No. You need her more than you need air to breathe. I'm such an idiot.

"Where could she be?" Cam cried out as we rounded another corner. She skidded to a halt and put her hands on her knees as she regained her breathing.

"She could be anywhere. Lil has no sense of direction." I said and chuckled quietly despite the serious situation that loomed overhead. Lil's direction-less-ness is quite amusing.

"Well, that helps us so much. Mon dieu." She started spewing out French words that were too complicated for me to understand, but I'm sure that she just insulted me.

After a few seconds of rest, we started searching for my fiance again. Tears pricked my eyes and sweat rolled down my face, but I didn't care; I had to find her. I had to explain. I had to make her love me again. I don't want a divorce even before the wedding.

"Any luck with you two, Lou?" Cam spoke into her phone. We split up by twos earlier so that we could cover a larger area. And, no luck so far.

"Was she wearing something significant, Zayn?" She asked; her eyes flashing with this coldness. She was angry at me for putting Lil in this situation. I don't blame her; I'm angry at myself, too.

"A green button down, white pants, her engagement ring. And, this necklace... Garnet, I think." I answered her while trying to even out my breathing.

"They found her." Cam said solemnly. My face paled and my breathing ceased. The way she said it made it sound like she was... dead.

"How is she?" I asked frantically; silently begging her to tell me that Lil wasn't hurt... or worse, dead.

"Very sick. Not good." I could tell that she down-played it for the sake of my sanity. Then, she went to the side of the road and clicked her phone shut before putting it in her pocket.

"Come on. We need to get to the hospital."

My heart dropped at that. Was she that seriously sick that she needed to be hospitalized? I should jump off a bridge now. I'm a horrible fiance.

"You're not horrible. It was another misunderstanding," Cam said and offered me a strained smile. I shot her a curious look and she shrugged, "You were mumbling to yourself. Insanity level: Lillian Tomlinson."

Now I understand why she and Lil have been bestfriends for 11 years. She had a wicked sense of humor.

*Louis' P.O.V.*

"Look at that girl on the bench, Lou. She looks familiar." Harry pointed out. I turned my head and saw a girl cradling her legs close to her chest. Her hair was a curtain of sandy blonde that shielded her face from the world. I strained my eyes and tried to make out the girl's silhoutte.

"Call Cam. Ask her what Lil was wearing." I told Harry. He called Lil's bestfriend and handed the phone to me.

"A green button down, white pants, her engagement ring, and a garnet necklace."

"We found her." I mumbled and tossed the phone to Harry before running across the street and jumping over the low fence that separated the sidewalk from the park.

"Lil!" I called out to her. She didn't respond; not even a twitch. My heart froze in my chest and my blood ran cold. There have been many instances in my life that I was very scared, but those were nothing compared to the fear that I felt right now. I wasn't afraid; I was downright terrified. I was terrified that I had already lost my sister.

"Lil!" I called again; hoping to God that she would respond this time as I crossed the grassy patch over to her. I wrapped my arms tightly in my arms and found that she was very cold; almost as cold as a corpse. Tears stung my eyes and a few of them rolled down my cheeks. "We're too late."

Harry pressed his fingers to the pulse point on Lil's neck and let out a relieved sigh.

"She's alive, but she has hypothermia. Hurry, Lou. She needs to get warm. I'll call an ambulance." He said with an urgent tone as he tossed me his jacket. I wrapped it around Lil and zipped it up before taking off my own coat and wrapping it around her shoulders. Then, I put my favorite beanie on her head. That beanie was a lucky beanie.

"Lil, you have to make it. Tomlinsons are made of steel, right? We're super Tommos," I said through choked sobs. I was desperately hugging my sister by now. I couldn't lose her. I would go insane if I lost her.

"Super Tommos, we're the best
Super Tommos, not like the rest
Lil and Lou, we'll make you drool
Super Tommos, we're so cool.
" I sang hoarsely through sobs with a strained smile on my face. I cradled Lil closer to me and caressed her hair before kissing the crown of her head. That song was the first song we wrote together. I was 7 and she was 4 back then; and we liked to play around with the idea of being superheroes; and that was how this jingle was born. (A/N: Sing this like in the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.)

"Lou, the ambulance is here." Harry put a hand on my shoulder and gently pulled me away from Lil. I sobbed and ran after my sister as she was loaded onto a stretcher and hoisted onto the nearby ambulance.

"I'm sorry, sir, family members only." The medical personnel told me. I wiped my tears angrily and glared at him. Screw manners right now.

"In case you don't see the similarities between us, I'm her brother!" I snapped at him before shoving him aside and riding the ambulance.

"I'll stay here until Niall and Liam arrive." Harry said before giving me an encouraging nod. I nodded back at him and then the man shut the doors as the ambulance drove off.

"How did she get hypothermia out here?" I asked as the med-tech worked over Lil; giving her oxygen and such. I never let go of her hand.

"She wasn't dressed for the cold weather, and judging by the lack of consciousness, she's been out here for quite a while." He answered as he put an oxygen mask to my sister's face. I was going to bloody murder Zayn.

***

Once we got to the hospital, Lil was rushed into the emergency room. The nurses forced me to stay in the waiting room, and for an agonizing 40 minutes, I sat there with my head in my hands; crying my eyes out.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" Liam asked frantically before shaking me by my shoulders. I looked up and shook my head.

"What did the doctors say?" Niall asked worriedly. I looked at him as Cam sat down beside me and rubbed my back soothingly. I could see the fear and worry in her eyes, though her face remained void of all emotion. There were tear tracks on her cheeks; she'd also been crying. I looked up at the lads and noticed that they also had dried tear tracks on their cheeks. But, when my eyes landed on a very distraught Zayn, my mind grew blank. I just wanted to beat him to a bloody pulp. This was all his fault.

I got up and shoved him roughly before punching him square in the jaw. Two pairs of hands grabbed me by my arms and pulled me down; I tried to resist them, but eventually gave up since I knew that I wasn't going to win. Cam and Niall rushed over to the bloodied Zayn and led him to the nurse's station; probably to get him patched up.

"Excuse me, sir, will you kindly fill this up. You're with the girl that was rushed in here earlier, right?" A nurse asked me softly. I nodded and gingerly got the form that she was handing to me along with a pen. I silently filled it up.

Name: Lillian Jane Tomlinson
Date of Birth: January 12, 1995
Age: 17
Sex: F
Name of Parent/Guardian: Louis Tomlinson
Relation: Brother
Contact no.: 07xxx xxxxxx
Home Address: Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, UK
Signature: Image


When I finished, I wordlessly handed it to the nurse whose eyes widened when she saw what I wrote down.

"You're-" I cut her off.

"Not now, please."

Liam wrapped an arm around my shoulders and joined me in my worry train.

"She'll be fine, lads." Harry said reassuringly as he took a seat beside me.

"I sure hope that she will be." I mumbled as I looked down at the tiled floor; praying to whatever mighty force was up there to keep Lil alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! Late chapter.. as I said. I was at the hospital earlier for my shots. I won't go back there until the 31st! YAY!

Thank you to yellowlover777, xiheartonedirection, lydiadevereaux, XDistantDarkPlacesX, xodangersbellaxo, onedirection1998 and QUIETlikethesnow for the lovely/awesome/amazing feedback. :3

Anyway, I love the feedback, but, sadly no one guessed correctly... There were two semi-close answers, but, weren't that close. So, I decided to prolong Zayn's explanation for the next chapter.

THE GUESSING GAME AND VOTING IS STILL OPEN. Another hint: Sarah is in the jewelry business. I will choose the right/closest answer, okay? Let your imagination run wild. God knows that I made Sarah's role a really tricky one; something that you wouldn't think about in the first place. ;D The prize is still the same. You get to be in the wedding either as one of Lil's relatives or close friends.. the choice is entirely up to you. Happy guessing. :)

Toodles, potatoes. ♥