Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Chapter 66: Sarah Is...

Chapter 66: Sarah Is...

May 26, 2012

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

"It's been two days, Liam... and she's still not waking up." I mumbled defgeatedly before leaning my head back on the wall behind me; my eyes staring up at the ceiling, trying to avoid looking at the unconscious angel on the hospital bed. My angel.

I would have sat beside her, really, I would have. But, Louis didn't let me near her. He was still angry at me for causing all of this. It's funny how one text from a woman can turn everything hellish.

Everyone had tried talking to him about it; trying to convince him that it was just a misunderstanding and that I needed to be near Lil just as much as him.

The press was practically eating us alive. When the news about Lil's hospitalization got around, paparazzi started following us around; more so than usual. They waited for us outside the hospital, bombarded us with questions about Lil, bribed hospital staff to tell them even a tiny bit of information... and the list just goes on and on.

"Come on, Lou. You need to eat," Cam urged Louis quietly. He hasn't eaten for two days, he hasn't showered, or shaved, or brushed his hair and teeth yet. He looked like a zombie. At night, he would cry himself to sleep while holding Lil's hand. Me? I had to sit down on the sofa across Lil's bed and cry myself to sleep from a distance.

"No." Louis said hoarsely as he shook his head and grasped Lil's hand again.

"You need to eat, Lou. Lil would go coocoo if she saw you like this." She tried to coax Lou into eating; to no avail. Lou shook his head defiantly.

"I can't leave her." Lou mumbled.

"Zayn can look after her," As soon as the words left Cam's mouth, Louis turned to glare at me. "We'll only be a few minutes."

"As long as Liam is here." Louis muttered gravely as his glare lingered upon me.

"Go on, Lou. Eat, get a shower, fix yourself." Liam said with a strained smile on his face.

Suddenly, there were three knocks on the door. That's weird. Usually, Harry and Niall just barge in. Besides, they were at the hotel right now. Sleeping. We took shifts on when to keep watch on Lil and Lou; and, today's mine and Liam and Cam's day.

Liam opened the door and his eyes widened. I scrambled out of my seat and made my way to stand beside Liam. My eyes also widened.

There were tons of flowers, white chocolate gift baskets, 'get well soon' balloons, handfuls of mail envelopes, and heaps of teddy bears piled up behind this delivery man.

"For Lillian Tomlinson," he stated.

"I'm her fiance." I answered. And not a very good one at that. I would have said the last sentence, but there was no use in telling this man what was plainly visible to everyone in the world right now. I was a horrible fiance.

"Sign here, please." I got the clipboard that he was handing to me and signed it with the pen that was attached to the pen holder on the side of the board.

"Who's it from?" Cam asked. I got a boquet of pink lillies and read the card that was attached to it.

"Amity Descartes from France. Fans." I answered quietly.

"This one's from Lil's friends from school." Liam stated, holding up a white chocolate gift basket. Everyone knew that she preffered white chocolate over regular milk chocolate.

*Lil's P.O.V.*

Pain. Ow. Holy shozznibbles. I can't feel my spleen.

"Am I dead?" I managed to croak out as I opened my eyes to a very bright light. I squinted them and placed a hand above my eyebrows to shield my eyes from the blinding light.

"Hello? God? Allah? Mahatma Gandhi? Aslan? President Snow? Dumbledore? Voldemort!? ANYONE?!" No one answered. The nerve of these people. So rude!

"Professor Dumbledore, sir, I'm not Harry Potter! I'm not even a student at Hogwarts! Please let me leave now. I want to go back to my own world and eat some tacos." I exclaimed as I walked around in the vast whiteness that settled over everything. Wait, wait! Earlier, this looked like the purgatory from Harry Potter, now it looks like... Narnia. Holy lemons. What the flack is up?

I walked around and parted branches using my arms. Eventually, my bad luck caught up with me. I parted another set of branches and accidentally dropped my arms since I slipped on the cold snow, making the branches rear back and hit me in the face.

I let out a loud cry of anger and pain as I dropped on the snow.

"Fucking branches! Fucking Narnia! Fucking Dumbledore ! Gah!" I shouted angrily as my hands covered my face.

"Halt! Who goes there!? Show yourself!" A familiar, yet unfamiliar voice cried. I staggered up to my feet and crossed the branches that hit me earlier. What greeted me on the other side was... breathtaking.

"Peter Pevensie!?" I cried in shock.

"Do I know you?" He asked; confusionclearly written on his face.

"Well, no. Not really. But, oh my God! I love you!" I exclaimed brightly before tackling him in a hug. He caught me and then placed me at arms' length.

"Do I know you?" He asked again; more confused than ever. I looked up into his crystalline blue eyes and blinked twice in shock, because, for a second there, golden brown eyes flashed at me.

"No, your majesty. Let me introduce myself. My name is Lillian Jane Tomlinson. I'm from Doncaster, South Yorkshire." I introduced myself and curtsied. Wait! Why the hell am I curtsying to a fictional character!? If I'm dead, I should be with Mother Teresa and other personalities up in heaven. But, no, I'm here... in Narnia. I must be dreaming. Yeah. I'm dreaming. No way that I'm meeting High King Peter even in the afterlife.

"Lil, wake up... for me? For Layne or Euan, for Lou? For everyone?" A very familiar voice called from up above. I looked at the sky and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Zayn!? Zayn!" I called happily. I know that most girls would still be angry at ther boyfriend/fiance/husband after a fight, but, since when have I ever been like most girls? I wasn't angry at him anymore. I was merely curious as to who Sarah was. I wanted to know; I needed to know.

"Who is this Zayn of which you speak, my lady?" Peter Pevensie asked.

"My fiance.. bethrothed? Why am I even talking to you!? You're not even real!" I exclaimed before laughing and marching away from him. I needed to find a way out of here. Fast.

And then, my bad luck decided to act again. I tripped on the snow and fell. Only, there was no ground to catch me. I was falling into a hole in the ground.

"Instead of screaming, though, I huffed, "Really, brain!? Really!? Where will we wind up next!? Wonderland!?"

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

Her breathing was getting shallower, I clutched her hand tighter in mine and prayed to whatever high and mighty force was up there to make Lil okay.

Tears fell down from my eyes and I buried my face in the mattress to muffle my sobs. And then, there was a sharp intake of breath from above me. I looked up, not bothering to wipe my tears.

"Oh my God." I mumbled in complete shock. Then, I hugged my angel. She was stiff at first but then relaxed and even hugged me back. This totally wasn't what I was expecting. I expected her to push me away and even punch me in the face like Lou. But no, she hugged me back.

"Why does it smell like a funeral home in here? She whispered in my ear. I laughed and hugged her tighter before planting a kiss on her lips. I missed her kisses... I missed all of her.

"Liam! Call a nurse." I exclaimed brightly and sat down on the empty space beside Lil. My hand flew up to her cheek and she snuggled further into my touch; making my heart soar.

"I'm really sorry-" She cut me off.

"Who is she? Sarah?" She asked softly; almost like she was afraid of the answer. I caressed her cheek again before kissing her forehead.

"Sarah is..."

"Excuse me, sir, you need to move." A nurse stated. Lil huffed in annoyance and I chuckled before mouthing 'later' to her; making her smile that warm smile that made butterflies in my stomach flutter. The same smile that captivated me in the first place.

***

*Lil's P.O.V.*

"Where is she!?" Louis exclaimed as he practically tore into the room. I laughed quietly and opened my arms the moment that he jumped into them.

"I was so scared!" He breathed out before kissing my forehead, then my nose, then my cheeks.

"I was in Narnia earlier." I said brightly, trying to abate my brother's worry.

"Narnia!?" He asked; laughing aloud. The boys breathed a sigh of relief. They told me everything that had happened while I was asleep, and I felt bad for making them worry like that. And, I've yet to patch things up with Zayn and Lou. But, they still didn't tell me who Sarah was; and I was getting impatient.

For half an hour, I told everyone where I was in my dream, and they didn't fail to find amusement in my barmy tale.

"I'm getting hungry, niall. you lads care to join me? Cam? Lou?" Liam piped up. I tilted my head in confusion and gave him a smile when he winked at me.

Louis was about to protest, but Cam pinched his side and dragged him along with them. Once the door clicked shut, Zayn sat down on my bed again and gently grasped both my hands in his.

"Who is she?" I asked him silently; almost breathless due to the closeness of our faces. It was pretty overwhelming to have his musky scent engulfing me again. My heart faltered when his minty breath fanned over my lips, and my eyes almost rolled back into my head in sheer pleasure when he started rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Sarah is 32. She lives here in New Zealand. She has a flat in London. And, she;s a businesswoman," Zayn said softly. I nodded wordlessly and bit the inside of my cheek to keep my tears at bay. "She owns a store that specializes in personalized charms," Realization dawned upon me and my breath caught in my throat. Zayn looked up at me with worry flashing in his eyes and I encouraged him to go on. I needed to hear it, no matter how heartbreaking it may be. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the words that would soon give the final blow to my emotions.

"The text you saw was from two days before you discovered it. I ordered something from her a few weeks ago and it just got done, and it was too fragile to ship, so she asked me to meet up with her when we got here. While you were sleeping, I met up with her," A sob escaped my lips and Zayn released my hands to cup my face and wipe the tears that rolled down my cheeks. "Let me finish, love. Nothing happened other than a business transaction. I would never dare to even think about cheating on you. Lil, when I think about you... I get these big, manly butterflies in my stomach. When I think about you... my palms get sweaty and my brain becomes a jumbled mess of thoughts. When I think about you, my heart starts beating so fast that I'm afraid that one of these days I'm going to die of cardiac arrest. When I think about you, I always see my future. A future with you... and now Layne and Euan. Our future."

Well, holy lemons, if that wasn't enough to make you cry, then you have a heart of stone. By now, I was full-on crying. Zayn hugged me tightly and kissed every inch of bare skin that he could reach. Then, he broke the hug and reached into his jacket's pocket. When he pulled his hand out, he grasped my right hand and gingerly placed a tiny silver charm in my palm.

It wasn't just any regular charm. It was a silver infinity charm that had diamonds studded all around it. Zayn turned it over and pointed to something engraved on the back in an elegant script. It was in the very center; on the diagonal line that connected yet separated the two circles. My heart swelled as I let the words sink in.

Je t'aimerais toujours.

I will always love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this is a late chapter again! I was babysitting my niece, Nikki, earlier and I didn't have time to type and post this up. Here's what I taught her for a whole day... Save the rude comments for yourselves.. she's 1. And, the little angel is really.. well.. an ANGEL.

As for the winner: CONGRATULATIONS, hi.my.name.is.steph. You can send your preferences to me via the message option. :) You can tell me what you want your name to be, age, relation to Lil, height, hair color, job, family background.. everything under the sun. :D Congratulations, love.

Thank you to xodangersbellaxo, dj tommo, londonnative, and zaynlover for the lovely comments. :D

So, what did you guys think? Too dramatic? Too carefree/humorous? SHOULD I DO MORE GUESSING GAMES LIKE THE ONE I DID? Voting for the dresses is till open. :3 And, please... don't hold back on the comments. Let it rain on me, baby! LOL.. ♥