Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Chapter 72: House Warming

It's been a day since we first arrived here in Kingswood. So far, we've got the things from London settled in. We put the extra couch and some extra shelves in the office by the garage. Zayn and I have yet to decide if it will be a gym for him or a playroom for the kids. The office had a second floor, so maybe it can be half a gym and half a playroom? Did I tell you about the garage's second floor? No? Well, I've told you now.

This house mansion is huge.

"I want a pool out back." Zayn half-whined, half-demanded as I served breakfast for him and Cam. I'm hardly a breakfast person; I only eat if I'm extremely hungry.

"What about the football field that you wanted last night?" I asked with a laugh; settling down on the chair to his right., since he was at the head of the table.

Cam chortled from across me, "Football field? What? Are you planning on raising your children to beat United (Manchester United) or something? How many children do you want, anyway?"

"25 to 30, if possible." Cam choked on her toast and I stared wide-eyed and open-mouthed at Zayn who was laughing.

"Wow. Just... wow." Cam mumbled and drank some of her apple juice. Oh, right, the food came from the fridge that we had back in London. That fridge is now in the basement. Maybe I can sell it on e-bay? Haha.

"We really need to go grocery shopping." I said before taking a sip of my early morning tea Yorkshire tea - Lou's favorite. He got me into the habit of drinking tea each and every morning. I miss my brother, believe it or not.

"You and Zayn should go." Cam answered.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I still have to sort through the guest lists that you gave me yesterday. Seriously, who has two weddings?" She joked. I grinned anf raced over to her before hugging her tightly.

***

And so, Zayn and I got dressed in more presentable clothes before going outside and walking to the nearest grocery store.

I saw some neighbors on their front porches, so, I waved at them and they waved back.

"Well,someone should be crowned Miss Congeniality." Zayn teased as we waved at a married couple who were watching their daughter play on the front lawn.

"Someone should shut up before I punch them in the face." I answered coyly.

"You're Zayn Malik!" The girl, about 12 or so, shrieked in delight as she ran towards Zayn; dropping her skipping rope. I grinned and looked up at the little girl's parents who were rushing over to fetch their daughter.

Zayn smiled down at the girl and she blushed. I couldn't blame her for blushing under Zayn's gaze. I do it all the time.

"Addie, don't be rude." Her mother chastised.

"Oh, it's fine." I answered on Zayn's behalf. "Hello, I'm Lillian Tomlinson, and as Addie said earlier, he's Zayn Malik. We just moved in at the house over there."

"It's very nice to meet you, Lillian, Zayn. My name's Sharon Peterson, and this is my husband; Edward. Welcome to the neighborhood." Sharon said graciously.

"If I may ask, how does Addie know you, Zayn?" Edward asked Zayn. I smiled and ducked when I saw Sharon do a face-palm. Clearly, Edward didn't listen to his daughter's rambles about One Direction.

"I'm in a band." Zayn answered modestly.

"He's in One Direction, dad!" Addie exclaimed happily.

"Do you want an autograph, babe?" Zayn asked with a chuckle.

"Of course, I'll just go get a pen and some paper." She stated and raced back to the house.

"Are you two boyfriend-girlfriend r just..." Edward trailed off. I blushed madly and Zayn held my hand. Sharon hit her husband lightly.

"Lil's my fiancée." Zayn said with a grin plastered on his face.

"Got it!" Addie yelled out and handed the writing materials over to Zayn who signed happily. Then, we bid goodbye to the Petersons and continued on our way to the grocer's; discreetly avoiding anymore conversations with the neighbors.

Zayn intertwined his fingers with mine and smiled down at me when my heart beat faster in my chest.

"I think that's the grocer's." He pointed out. I narrowed my eyes as a feeble attempt to see the building clearly, but, it failed. My eyesight is just that poor.

"Remind me to get a pair of glasses when we get back to London." I mumbled bitterly as Zayn and I crossed the street.

"What happened to the girl who hated glasses?" He teased and nudged me lightly.

I rolled my eyes, "That girl realized that she needed glasses because she's as good as blind without them. Besides, I don't hate glasses. It's the prospect of something hindering my face that I hate." I answered coolly as we entered the little shop. Zayn shook his head as he chuckled before getting a basket from the pile of baskets.

"I really should get my license as soon as possible." Zayn grumbled as we strolled through aisles; picking thing off the shelved and placing them in the basket.

"You really should." I agreed with a light laugh. "Lou doubts my ability to pass the practical exam. He says that if I'm lucky, the examiner might die of natural causes or cardiac arrest in the car and then we could change my exam's result from failed to passed."

"And you didn't hit him?" he asked curiously.

"I shoved him and then threw a book at him." I answered with a grin.

"I remember the first time that I met you. I thought you were this... silent angel; silent, graceful, prim and proper. But, my assumptions were shattered when you opened your mouth and when I got to know you." Zayn mused quietly with a smile on his handsome face.

I remember that as well...

*flashback*

"Lil! Come on! I need to introduce you to the lads!" Louis said excitedly as he dragged me through the bustling people who were part of the X-Factor tour.

Of course, I had no choice but to follow him. He opened a door and pulled me inside a dressing room. It was fairly sized. Four boys sat on the couch and they goofed around just like normal lads.

"Boys, I'd like you to meet my little sister." Louis said proudly as he yanked me forward and placing his hands on my shoulders as he showed me off like a brand new toy. I smiled shyly at the boys and waved at them.

"Hello," I mumbled tentatively; smiling shyly down at the floor.

"It's really nice to meet you! I'm Liam." Liam came forward and wrapped his arms around me, making me blush and hug him back awkwardly.

"Are you single?" Harry asked me cheekily. I blushed even more and bit my bottom lip as he hugged me after Liam. "I'm Harry."

"I'm Niall. I'm Irish." Niall said happily before hugging me after Harry. I smiled at him and then turned to the last one who was seemingly blushing. Liam nudged him and he walked forward before hugging me.

"Hello, my name's Zayn." He whispered softly; making tingles shoot up my spine.

"H-hi. I'm Lil." I managed to stutter out as my heart beat wildly in my chest.

"Are you okay, Lil? Usually, you'd be yelling at me after I introduce you to new people. And why are you so red?" Louis teased as he placed a hand on my forehead to check if I had a fever.

"Get your hand off me, you dolt." I hissed and moved away from his hand, causing me to trip on the carpet and land on the wooden coffee table. The boys laughed at me and I glared at them before rolling my eyes.

"Oh, right. Laugh at me. That's good manners is all." I mumbled bitterly as I huffed and plopped down on the couch like a 5 year-old on a temper tantrum.

*end of flashback*


Once our grocery shopping got done, Zayn and I went back home carrying three bags in our arms. Well, 2 for him and 1 for me.

I opened the door and walked through before going to the kitchen and dropping the bag on the counter. Zayn followed suit and we let out exhausted sighs before silently agreeing to arrange everything later. And, with that, we went to the living room to laze around on the couch in front of the flatscreen.

Zayn opened the double doors and wasn't even halfway through the door when a loud screeching sounded and he was hit repetitively with leaves attached to a floppy branch. I followed the leaves, to the branch, to the hand, then the torso, and finally, the face.

Louis.

"I should have known." I muttered with a grin before jumping on Lou and hugging him tightly. He hugged me back and proceeded to hit me with the same leaves that he had hit Zayn with. I threw my arms up to protect me, but he hit them instead; chanting something that sounded like an old tribal voodoo incantation.

"Stop! Stop, Lou!" I shouted. He stopped and scooped me up into a hug again. "When did you get here?"

"An hour ago? I don't know." He answered and set me back down on the floor.

"You have a really nice house, Lil." Eleanor popped up from beside me and tackled me into a hug. I hugged her back and we started jumping around.

"I can't believe that you're here! Ohmygod! You have to help us with the decorating!" I said happily and looped arms with her and Cam. I led them to the second floor and gave them a tour of the house. And, Lou, being Lou, started acting all childish and hit every nook and cranny of the house with the leaves.

"Honestly, Louis. What are you doing?" I asked; my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm blessing the house to keep the bad spirits away." He answered with a grin which made me roll my eyes and proceed with the tour. "Oh, we brought a house warming gift for you!"

"What is it?" I asked cheerfully. I always loved presents. Who didn't?

"Come out to the porch with the chess set!" He hollered and raced past Zayn and down the stairs.

"Careful, Lou!" I shouted as we scurried after him.

When we reached the side porch, Lou stood there with his hands behind his back and a huge grin on his face. I grew wary at the sight of that grin.

He stepped forward and then held his gift out to me. You know what I did? I screamed. I screamed bloody murder.

In his hands was a garden decor. Not just any decor, though. A frog decor.

"Fuck you!" I shrieked at him; hiding behind Eleanor and Cam.

"I love you, too, sis!" Lou exclaimed, laughing along with Zayn.

Though Louis gave Zayn and I a terrifying house warming gift, I still appreciated the thought. But, he can keep the frog.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. :) First off, I would like to thank HM for helping me with this chapter. You know who you are, HM. ;D

Secondly, I want to thank Dance.Dance.Dance (I'm not even sure if the real Zayn is like this version of him. I hope he is, though. :3 Awesome story, love. :D

xodangersbellaxo (It looked bad to me, beb. Seriously. I think I'm losing my mojo here. Thanks for the comment, btw. :)

hi.my.name.is.steph. (Thanks so much, love. :) Me, too. I hope this passes ASAP.)

dj tommo (The last chapter sucked, Ms. Montana. :< Sometimes I just want to be Lil. But, sadly.. I can't. So, yeah. Everyone loves the Juan Direction playlist. XD Glad to have been of service, my international pop star. ;D

I think I'm becoming more British with each passing day. I never really used 'love, beb' or any other endearing term before last week. So, if you're slowly beginning to think that I'm some stalker or something, you're sadly mistaken. My heart and soul belongs to the one and only Edward Christopher Sheeran Prince Harry Peter Pevensie William Peter Moseley ZAYN MALIK. My heart belongs to my birthday buddy. :D

Toodles, my lovely potatoes. Please tell me if it sucked. :)