Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Can't Go Home

"Afternoon, Becca!" I greeted happily as I entered the café while taking my jacket, and Zayn's beanie off.

"Hey. What's got you so happy? Got an A++ on that essay you were dreading to hand in yesterday?" She asked with a grin.

"Well, that... and Zayn's coming home tomorrow!" I whisper-yelled before silently fangirling.

"Understandable," She said with a nod which made me laugh. "And, the wedding's on Monday, right? Are you sure that you want me to attend? I mean.. we've only just met and-"

I cut her off, "Do you want me to hit you, Rebecca? You're my friend, you deserve to be in the wedding."

"Thanks, Lil." She said with a grin. I nodded and hugged her.

***

"Hello, here's your cappuccino, and, here's your caramel frap. Would you like anything else?" I asked the two teenage girls who sat at the table with wide eyes; staring at me.

"Y-you're Lillian Tomlinson!" One of them, the one with black hair, stated breathlessly. I laughed lightly and nodded.

"That, I am. What can I do for you?" I asked happily.

"Can.. we... have a picture with you?" The blonde one asked unsurely.

"Of course! Come 'ere, love."

***

"Hello, babe!" I greeted chirpily as I sat in the café's kitchen on my break. Today's Friday; meaning, I don't have afternoon classes again.

"Hi, love." Zayn answered glumly.

"Why the sad tone?" I asked softly; hoping that he was alright. "Are you alright?"

"Physically, yes. Emotionally, no." He answered.

"Why?"

"Today's Friday there, right?" He confirmed.

"Yes. Zayn, what is it? You're making me nervous here."

"I'm sorry. We talked about me going home tomorrow, right? So we could spend time together before the big day..."

"What is it, Zayn?!" I hissed in anticipation as my heart beat faster in my chest.

"The thing is, I can't go home tomorrow..." He said sadly. My heart dropped to my stomach and I felt like the earth and sky suddenly decided to close down on me. I bit my bottom lip to keep the tears in and nodded idly.

"Oh. Okay. Uh... have fun there in New York, okay? Stay safe." I answered; my voice wavering a bit.

"Lil, please don't cry. If I could just cancel the concert, I would. I'm really sorry, love." Zayn apologized.

"No, no... It's not your fault. I-I'm not crying-"

"Lil, break's over. Order for table 2." Rebecca said chirpily as she peered in the kitchen. I quickly wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks and smiled at her.

"Sure, Becca. I'll be there in a few seconds..." I answered; faking a cheerful tone. "Babe, I need to go now. I'll talk to you later. Tell me your flight details so I can pick you up when you get here... on Sunday, maybe?"

"Yeah. I think I'll be there by Sunday. I love you."

"I love you, too. Bye."

"Bye."

With that, I dropped the call and sighed heavily before getting off the chair that I sat on and making my way to the counter.

"Hey, you looked like you were crying in there.." Rebecca pointed put quietly. I forced a smile on my face and straightened my apron out.

"That was nothing. So, table 2?" I brushed her observation off before getting a tray from the tray rack and  arranging the two cups of coffee on it then setting off for table 2.

After serving table 2's coffee without any enthusiasm, I slumped down into one of the chairs that Rebecca and I kept behind the counter and sighed heavily.

"Seriously, Lil, what's bothering you?" Rebecca asked worriedly as she crouched down in front of me.

"Zayn can't come home until tomorrow. He and the boys were supposed to be on a plane by now. But, they have this concert in New York and he says that if he could only cancel the concert, he would."

"I'm sure he's just as miserable about this as you are, Lil. Why don't you take the rest of the day off?"

"I can't, Becca. That would only make me think about it more."

"Alright. If you say so.." She said unsurely and wrapped her arms around me.

***

After my shift, I got on the first bus to Princess Park Manor; Lou and Harry's flat. When I got there, though, I was surprised to find that all the lights were off. Cam was supposed to be here.

I crept up to the front door and unlocked it using my keys. When I opened it, no one came out and greeted me. Cam wasn't even in the flat. And, the pillows on the sofa were a complete mess. My heart raced in my chest and my breathing came in shallow intakes.

A note was on the coffee table, so, I immediately ran to it and grasped it in my shaky hands.

Lillian,

We have your friend. If you ever want to see her again, go to the nearest park here and there you'll find another clue to where you need to be.


Let's play a game,
Jigsaw


P.S. Don't call the police. You call them, she dies. I see everything, Lillian.

My heart dropped to my feet and I felt my head whirling as I struggled to keep myself up on my feet; my knees felt so weak.

Suddenly, my indicated that I had a message, and I picked it up.

From: Zayn ♥
Love, I don't think I can make it by Sunday afternoon. :(


My phone dropped to the floor and my shaky hands made their way to my hair before tugging at all the strands. If Zayn can't be here by Sunday afternoon, we'll have to cancel the wedding.

Tears dropped freely from my wide and fear-filled eyes and I finally collapsed on to the ground; on my knees, before sobbing uncontrollably while pulling at my hair.

"No. No." I whispered as I shook my head; trying to wake myself up from this horrible nightmare.

But, sadly, this wasn't a nightmare. This was real. All of this was really happening. My best friend got kidnapped and my fiancé isn't sure if he can make it a day before the wedding. I felt like my life was crashing down before my eyes and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

Stop it, Lil. Get a grip. You need to worry about your bestfriend before your own wedding. That can wait; your bestfriend can't.

With those thoughts, I wiped my tears away only to be replaced by more. But, I got up on my shaky legs and grabbed my phone and the note before dashing out of the flat with a coat and my purse.

***

Once I was halfway through to the nearest park to Lou and Harry's flat, I stopped under a recently lit lamp post and checked my watch. 5:45. Then, I looked over my shoulder only to see a man scurry into a car. I started walking; no, running, to the park.

I looked behind me again and saw the car following behind me. My heart raced faster in my chest for the umpteenth time today and I bit my bottom lip before pushing my legs even faster. Eventually, I made it to the park. And, there, on the first bench that I saw was a note taped to the back rest.

Lillian,

Bravo! You've made it to the park. Now, if you want to see your friend alive, go to the only place you call home in Surrey. She'll be there. And, bring me a cupcake.


We're still playing,
Jigsaw


"The only place I call home... in Surrey," I whispered as I walked to the nearest bus stop. "The house!"

I passed by a bakery and did a double take before reading the note again. Bring me a cupcake.

So, I went up to the counter and bought a cupcake with white icing. I would have bought the one with purple icing and decorative sprinkles, but I don't think that Cam's kidnapper would appreciate that.

After that, I continued my trek to the bus stop and boarded the first bus to Surrey. As the bus moved forward, though, I caught a glimpse of the same black car that's been following me around; and it was right behind the bus that I was on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's note! WATCH IT!

Lil's Outfit

What do you think will happen to Lil? And Cam!? AND ZAYN!? WHAT ABOUT THE WEDDING!? D: Any guesses? lol...