Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Reception pt. 1

The reception hasn't even started yet and Zayn and I have been bombarded with tons of 'congratulations' from our guests. We haven't had time to ourselves ever since the car ride back home and I was a bit miffed about that. But hey, we'll get all the time we want later, right? Right.

"You have a really nice house, Lil." A familiar voice called from behind me. I turned on my heel and looked at the very familiar person before tackling her in a hug.

"Cousin Tommo!" I shrieked with happiness; dragging her over to Zayn so that they can socialise. After all, they're cousins-in-law now, right? "Babe, you remember Steph, right? Why didn't I see you earlier?! Like, seriously..."

"Because you were too busy bawling your eyes out in front of tons of people?" She asked with a shrug. "Hi, Zayn! We're officially cousins-in-law now. You're gonna have your hands so full with Lil."

"Hey, Steph. Yeah... but that would only make life very eventful." Zayn answered with a chuckle before kissing my temple. I smiled and squeezed his hand which automatically held mine after a few seconds apart.

"It was nice talking to you, but, I really have to get to the table or mum and dad will have my head." Steph bid hurriedly which made me laugh.

"Don't get too drunk, okay?" I said as she scurried off.

"Wait, you're serving alcohol here!?" My cousin half-shrieked which made Zayn and I laugh quietly.

"Yes." Zayn answered.

"This is the best wedding I've ever been to!" Steph said happily before waving at my husband and I then heading off for her table.

 My husband...

Before I could stop myself, I was already smiling a really goofy smile which made me want to smack myself. Zayn looked down at me with a beautiful smile plastered on his lips and I grinned at him before leaning up then pecking his lips lightly.

"Seriously, Lillian. Must you snog your husband in front of me?" A snotty-toned voice asked. I rolled my before turning to the person who owned the voice.

"You bloody git. I haven't heard from you in months!" I said whilst glaring at the tall, brunette, gray-eyed, good-looking guy that stood a few feet from Zayn and I.

"Well, I was busy settling into my new home." The guy said with a wide grin.

"Still, that's no excuse. Zayn, I'd like to introduce you to Arvin. We've been best friends for," I quickly did the math in my head. "12 years and 10 days now. Arvin, this very handsome man is Zayn Malik; my husband."

Zayn smiled and shook Arvin's hand, "Nice to meet you, mate."

"Likewise," Arvin answered cheerfully. "You should know that if you ever hurt Lil, you're going to die while  hanging upside down from a tree branch over a cliff with your guts holding you there, right?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes as Zayn's face paled a bit. The way Arvin said that was just too creepy; I mean... he said that with a smile!

"I'm never going to hurt her." Zayn answered bravely which made Arvin chuckle.

"Good. I'll talk to you two later. It seems like everyone wants to congratulate the newly weds."

***

"Tell me again how many times we've said 'thank you so much'?" I whined quietly as Zayn led me to our table.

He chuckled, "I lost track around 179."

"I'm so hungry that I could eat an elephant." I grumbled.

"You could eat me. If you know what I mean." He said with a suggestive wink which made me snort with laughter before hitting his arm lightly.

"Shut up," I answered; still laughing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, lunch will be served in a moment, kindly take your seats, please." Cam, who so badly wanted to be the emcee, announced.

Zayn helped me up onto the platform and pulled my chair out for me before pushing it back in as I sat down. He say down beside me and intwined our hands again.

"First of all, I would like to present to you, the new Mr. and Mrs. Zayn Malik!" Everyone applauded as they gazed up at Zayn and I. I smiled and thanked everyone with a nod.

"Secondly, let the feast begin." As the words left Cam's mouth, waiters filed into the tent and started serving the first course.

"Louis' smirking at you." Zayn pointed out as I took a bite out of my food. My gaze flitted up and met my brother's eyes.

"He's planning something." I said suspiciously. Louis grinned at me and resumed eating his food.

"He's going to give a speech after this, right? As my best man and all."

I nodded, "He's so dead."

The first course was cleared up pretty fast. My heart thudded loudly in my chest as Louis came up to the makeshift stage that Cam was at and got the mic from her.

"Hello, everyone. As you all know, I'm Louis; Lil's older brother. I'm also Zayn's best man. I wanted to be the maid-of-horror but Lil didn't want me to plan her wedding. It would have been nice to have an under-the-sea themed wedding. Oh well... let's go on to my actual speech and then the most awaited embarrassing stories. Zayn grew up in Bradford while Lil grew up in Doncaster. They met because of, modesty aside, me; because I introduced Lil to the boys last year when we were on the X-Factor tour. It was love at first sight; but, both of them were too afraid to tell the other what they felt. I still remember how Lil would gush on and on about her days with Zayn. She'd go on and on about how Zayn's eyes were so beautiful, how his smile was so captivating, and 'oh, his laugh...'" He put the back of his hand to his forehead and pretended to faint which made me blush madly as everyone laughed.

"Now, for Zayn... the lads and I knew that he liked my sister; it was pretty obvious. When someone said her name, his head would snap up and he would search for her. He didn't gush about his days with Lil, but, he did talk about her a lot. So much that it drove me insane to always hear about my sister."

Louis chuckled before continuing, "And so, for months, they danced around each other; always flirting with each other but none of them making a move. Until, one day, Zayn asked Lil out on a date. They didn't return until the next morning which made me so furious at both of them..."

Lou narrated a shortened version of mine and Zayn's love story to everyone, leaving out all the arguments, before finishing his really lengthy speech, "And so, I've managed to kill about half an hour. I just want to say... best of wishes to the happy couple."

"You killed half an hour just to say that?" I asked with a laugh which Louis returned with a shrug before running over to me and giving me a tight hug.

"Welcome to the family, mate." Lou said to Zayn; making me grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry if this a very filler-ish chappy! I still have to organize my things for school tomorrow and gah... I need to rewrite my Filipino homework... a whole very lengthy page of it; back and forth.

See, this is what happens when you listen to One Direction and do your homework at the same time. asdfghjkl; Excuse my very messy handwriting... I forgot how to write over the summer... lol

So, I apologize again for I can't do the one-on-one replies today... I need to get started on my homework... again... >:( I love all of you and thank you so much for the comments! They seriously made my day!

For my Liam story readers, I don't know when I'll be able to update again... because I want to finish this first... and I really have no definite time to write. Though, I have Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays off from school which gives me more time to update than last semester when I had Saturday classes.. :)