Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Fun in the Corridors

PART ONE - Fun in the Corridors

"Ellie, Albus wishes to see you." A stern voice sounded above Eleanor.

"I will go when I have finished reading" was the only reply that the woman to whom the stern voice belonged to received. Eleanor, who normally went by the name Ellie was lying on her bed nose buried inside the book before her.

"I hope you will behave yourself this year." The woman stated annoyed with being ignored. Ellie tore her eyes from the book before her once she had reached the end of the paragraph and saw one of the people she most treasured. Her hair slicked back into a neat and tidy bun at the top of her head, she had square glasses framing her hazel coloured eyes. She wore and emerald cloak and a slight caring smile was pulling at her thin lips. Ellie's blue eyes met her hazel ones, and Minerva was once again astonished to see Albus' eyes looking back at her.

"Minerva, my dear friend, don't worry, of course I won't." Ellie said with her most sincere tone and her face was straight however there was an amused glint in her eye, much like the twinkle Albus got. With that Ellie got up off the bed which she had been lying on until rudely interrupted. She picked up the skateboard that was leaning against the chest of drawers then tipped an imaginary hat towards Minerva, ran dragging the skateboard and then jumped on.

On the way to visit Albus, Ellie had to go down two flights of stairs and up some corridors. Ellie's laugh echoed through the empty hallways as she made her way to the office, the laugh reverberating from the stone walls surrounding her. Doing things like this is what made Hogwarts fun if Ellie was honest. She was also allowed to perform magic during the holidays, which nobody was really allowed to do.

When Ellie arrived at the ugly stone gargoyle she placed her skateboard up against the wall beside it and stood staring at it trying to remember the password. After five minutes of staring at it she announced "Acid pops" she still wasn't entirely sure that it was correct but it was the only sweet she could currently remember. Luckily the gargoyle stood aside and allowed her to stand on the spiralling staircase. She walked to the wooden door presented to her when at the top of the stairs and was just about to rap her knuckles against the old wood, completely ignoring the brass griffin that was meant to be used as a knocker, when she heard a voice from within the room say "Enter" Ellie wondered for a few moments how he managed to do that every time but then made her way into the office.

As Ellie wound her way through the small tables that litter the office which all had different magical instruments on them she started to wonder what her Grandfather wanted. She took up the seat opposite him, he was sitting behind his ornate desk which made him look very much as powerful as he is. He silver beard was reflecting the sunlight which hit him making him seem more majestic than usual.

"Hey Gramps, Watsup?" Ellie stated losing all of her manners but she found it insanely funny as Dumbledore tried to keep his face straight, and keep to the topic that he wanted to speak about.

"As you know this year you are attending Hogwarts for the first time. I have a question and also a request." Ellie knew that she would most probably not like the request but she nodded her head anyway knowing that he always got his own way. "I would like to know whether you are to be sorted or not. " Dumbledore said getting the attention of his Granddaughter. "I know that you will only be here for a year as that is what you have done everywhere else you have been and if you are not sorted it will help to stop you bonding with the whole house." He made his point and Ellie was clearly thinking about this decision.

"I can see your point about my making friends however where do you expect me to sleep or eat?" Ellie stated worriedly.

"Well I was thinking you could stay in your room where you stay in the summer and you can just choose a table to sit at during meals. I think you should choose the Gryffindor table but I am slightly bias, but you would make some good friends there. Now my request, I would like you to take a train." He informed Ellie going back to speaking in riddles as he loves to do, just to confuse everybody. Ellie's forehead creased into a small frown, if you looked into her blue eyes you could practically see the cogs turning in her head.

"Where to?" she asked clearly dreading the answer.

"Here." His one word answer seemed to confuse Ellie more.

"Is it me or do you only ever speak in riddles?" Ellie said, she was already at Hogwarts why should she take a train there?

"Tomorrow I would like you to take the Hogwarts Express from Kings cross station." He informed Ellie a smile finally made its way on to his face.

"But that sounds totally pointless, I mean I am already here!" she argued while pointing out the obvious.

"I know you are already here, however I want your experience of Hogwarts to be as close as possible to the real thing, and it will give you some time to make friends and seem like a normal student." Albus said he wanted his Granddaughter to make some friends before everyone discovered that she was related to him and would then only want to be friends with her as she was related to him. "Now get some sleep, you have a early start tomorrow, I will send someone to wake you in the morning." When he said that she knew that she was dismissed, and that what little of an argument she had put up had been ignored, she knew he had her best interest at heart so she nodded her head and left. She was upset that he had dismissed her as though she was just a student, but she thought she would have to get used to it.

"Goodnight." Ellie said, her voice was frosty she wouldn't forget about this argument for a while. Albus replied wishing her a goodnight and sighed knowing that his Granddaughter was going to be upset with him for a while. Ellie went down the spiral staircase and sighed wishing that the Ministry of Magic hadn't made her attend Hogwarts for at least a year. When she arrived at the bottom she saw Severus Snape standing there clearly waiting to talk to her. His greasy hair was hanging limply around his face which just showed that he had been brewing once again.

"Hey Sev, how are you?" Ellie asked him politely wondering why he was clearly waiting to talk to her.

"I am well thank you, just finished brewing the last of the potions for Poppy for this year, no doubt most of them will be used on Harry Potter but that remains to be seen." He had answered her question and any others she would have asked as small talk so he could get to the reason he had been waiting for her. "Why are you not taking potions next year?" he asked and then continued just before she started talking. "I was looking forward to officially teaching you finally and you haven't written it down in your options." He declared clearly feeling slightly hurt that she didn't want to take his subject. I was apparently a natural at potions and he would have enjoyed teaching someone who actually appreciated the subtle art of potion making.

"You know I love Potions, but I don't want to take it this year, I already have my NEWT, I took it when I took my OWL's so if I had failed I would have taken it, but I got an Outstanding and we both know that you can't get any higher so why should I do all that extra work for no reason?" I asked him. During our conversation we had been walking towards my room and we had finally reached it. Ellie was happy that she had passed, not that she didn't enjoy spending time with Sev, but she didn't want to have to write three hundred essays on why certain ingredients act in certain ways with other ingredients.

"Congratulations on your NEWT, you worked really hard for it." He said to Ellie not making full eye contact with her, she could tell he was disappointed, but she didn't know how to console him. "I am taking you to Kings Cross station tomorrow, we can talk a little then, I haven't seen you much this summer. Even if you will be half asleep." Sev's voice had a hint of amusement in it and Ellie smiled in response knowing he was most likely correct.

"Good night Sev." Ellie said and walked into her room. Waiting and wondering what tomorrow would bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been writing this story for a while and have only just had the chance to start publishing this. Would like to hear what you have to say.