Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Part Nine

After the vote Ellie left the room to go and find the resident potions master. Oliver volunteered to go with her. Well he ran after her not wanting to be asked any questions, he had been avoiding questions all day and wanted to avoid them for as long as possible.

"Why are we looking for Snape. Most students tend to avoid him" Oli asked there was a hint of nervousness in his tone. It was clear he didn't want to spend any time other than absolutely bare minimum, for his potions NEWT in the presence of Severus Snape. The man was highly critical and therefore a perfectionist. He had no time for those that were not proficient in the art and Oliver knew he wasn't. He worked very hard for his potions grade and he was glad to know he thoroughly earned it.

"Remember the potion I was brewing during my, for lack of a better word, detention?" Ellie asked Oli while making her way down the stairs with him following her. Neither were rushing in fact they were walking as slowly as possible although Oli said nothing Ellie saw him nod his head out of the corner of her eye. "Well it was a batch of vertiserum, and would therefore be helpful to play the game that those three wish to play." Close to the end of her explanation Ellie's voice had a dark quality which showed what her opinion of the game was. The rest of the journey was shrouded in an awkward silence. To Ellie it seemed that Oli wanted to say something of importance to her but didn't know how to start so instead they both walked in silence wishing it would end. When they reached Snape's office they were both relieved. "Wait here, I will be back in a minute. I know you don't get along" Oli raised his eyebrows at her but said nothing. Ellie didn't even knock on the door and he just heard Snape's voice start to insult her before she shit the door.

Sev raised his eyes from the essay he was marking starting to explain why it was rude and enter a room unannounced. However when he looked at the person standing in his office a smile graced his face.

"Hey Sev" Ellie stated. She said it in such a way that Severus quirked one of his thin eyebrows. His long fingers interlocking after hearing that specific tone in her voice. He knew she wanted something.

"Good evening Ellie, what do I owe this unexpected pleasure to?" he had hoped to see her soon she seemed happy with her bunch of friends and he found he was starting to miss her company, to have her this close and not be able to talk to her as much as he would like was affecting him more than he thought it would.

"I'd like my vile of" before she had finished her sentence the vile was on the tidy and organised desk in front of her. Ellie was surprised he let her take it without asking any questions maybe he preferred to do that than have her lie to him. "Thanks" he inclined his head slightly she walked towards the door and just before she opened it he spoke once more.

"Ellie" she paused and looked at him after hearing the emotion in his voice "Come visit me soon?" he said. Though the statement sounded like a question due to the inflection in his normally soft and very contained voice. Ellie nodded her head agreeing she would and left the room feeling slightly subdued. She knew now that Sev was missing her more than normal and she felt guilty for not going to see him for a few weeks. Once outside his office she paused for a moment then noticed Oli leaning casually against the stone wall of the corridor. His hands were in his pockets and he was still thinking about something Ellie wasn't sure what though. His build was outlined by his stance and this made Ellie audibly swallow. He heard this and glanced at her smiling at her.

"Let' go back then" he stated resigned to his fate. He had noticed that the trip had been successful she had the vial in her hand and they started slowly making their way back to her room. En route, which was of course the longest way back to her room from the dungeons without them doubling back on themselves Ellie learnt a lot about the previously mysterious Oliver Wood. For example she discovered he is the much hated but highly respected Quidditch captain. When they eventually arrived back in Ellie's room she noticed that a lot of the food she had requested had been eaten. She was very thankful for this as she didn't want to explain to the house elves why there was so much left otherwise. She also saw Fred George and Marie jumping up and down on her bed which she had actually bothered to make this morning, clearly there was no point for her doing that now. Ellie rolled her eyes at their childishness but quietly asked Oliver to hold on to the vial. Ellie rolled up her sleeves in a menacing manner and then ran forward and jumped on the bed joining in with the obvious fun the other three were having. Ellie looked at the look on Oliver's face. He was very clearly surprised at the turn of events. Then the silver haired Dumbledore entered the room and raised his eyebrows in surprise to see the sight before his eyes. The four who were jumping up and down on the bed were laughing and giggling loudly.

"Ellie," Dumbledore's voice was stern and she was worried for a second he however had an amused glint in his startling blue eyes and she was slightly happier. "What are you doing?" a smile appearing on his face. Ellie looked at him at a loss for words and just as she had convinced herself that there was a reasonable explanation Oli started to speak, after recovering from his shock.

"Professor, would you hold this for a moment please?" Oli asked. A smile lit up Ellie's face at the remembrance of having said those words. Oli then handed the vial to my Grandfather and ran straight towards me and joined us jumping on the bed, acting like a small child with the rest of us. Oliver jumping onto the bed encouraged the other occupants to start jumping once again. Albus Dumbledore stood in the doorway of his granddaughters room with his mouth hanging open in astonishment.

"Catching Flies there?" Ellie said loudly, so her sentence could be heard over the background noise. This comment made Albus close his mouth but he was still really surprised. Minerva then appeared next to him. Hands on her hips and this caused the whole group to stop jumping as quickly as possible.

"What is happening in here?" she shouted, the students all started stammering responses, they all knew, Ellie included that she accepted no nonsense. Sure Ellie knew as she wasn't a member of Gryffindor house, and she was a personal favourite of Minerva's, Ellie knew her punishment would not be as severe however the other occupants in the room were not guaranteed this leniency. Everyone started stammering in response trying to find a reasonable explanation for all of them to be jumping on the bed. Needless to say nobody could think of one. Ellie looked towards her grandfather her eyes pleading him to find a reasonable explanation and inform Minerva of them. He however said nothing he just looked towards her and winked.

"Minerva" he then said, Ellie looked at him confused for a moment when he didn't continue speaking.

"Yes Albus?" she replied her thin lips were most defiantly thinner than usual with her anger.

"Can you hold this vial for me please?" Ellie smiled remembering Oli's words from earlier. As soon as the vial had exchanged hands he ran and jumped up on the bed. Those who were on the bed already laughed and carried on ignoring the annoyed splutter that came from Minerva.

The bed was now so crowded that Ellie fell off the bed banging her on the hard stone floor. She lay on the floor with her eyes closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the first half of the sleepover (the chapter got away from me, the next bit should be up by this time next week.)

WOuld love to hear from you!!