Status: In progress

I Fear Your Name Will Haunt Me Forever

Part Eleven

Ellie awoke extremely early for some unfathomable reason. She was full of energy and clearly was not going back to sleep anytime soon. She sighed and observed the content look on Oliver's face. He was clearly comfortable and happy lying in Ellie's bed, the thought made her feel as light as air. She had the urge for the first time since she started attending Hogwarts to play Quidditch. Ellie quickly wrote a note explaining where she was, picked up her Nimbus 2001 and left the room stealthily, attempting to not wake anyone up. After the five minute brisk walk down to the stadium across the beautiful Scottish landscape she noticed that there was a team practicing on the pitch. After she had walked onto the pitch she realised it was the Slytherin team, as the players flying around were all wearing emerald green. When Ellie spotted the captain she flew up to have a quick word.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Ellie's voice was light and kind though once the captain looked at her she knew she should not have bothered.

"You," the menace he managed to put into one word was amazing in Ellie's opinion though it did make him slightly nervous. Ellie though just straightened her back slightly. But didn't back away from him. "the inconsiderate girl who ran into me the other day." Venom was being poured into every word he said. Ellie didn't let him intimidate her.

"I did apologise to you, if you chose to ignore my apology that is your problem not mine." Ellie replied, she was attempting to be civil and polite however the young man in front of her was not having any of it. He would be neither and would continue to be spiteful and Ellie would once provoked cease all politeness unless civility was returned to the discussion. Ellie raised one eyebrow in a challenging way. The boy would be somewhat used to the display after all she had learnt it from the very best at that sardonic move... Severus Snape. The male immediately noted it and threw down the gauntlet.

"If you want to use the other half of the pitch you have to play us for it." His eyes narrowed, there was no way in his opinion that this little girl could play Quidditch so why should he give up half of the pitch for her. She inclined her head slowly affirming the challenge and so he thought he should show some generosity. "You have an hour" with the final word Ellie quickly flew back to her room's window, she needed a keeper and quickly. The Slytherin team continued practicing as she tried to wake up Oli from the window in her bedroom.

After a few frantic moments she saw him move so went back to the Quidditch pitch hoping that he would turn up in time. She sat on the bleachers nervously watching with unwavering attention looking for any and all weaknesses she could find in their team.

Meanwhile Oli sat up groggily in Ellie's bed. He instantly notice that she was no longer in the bed with him and realised that her falling asleep with him and him waking up without her was becoming a habit. He noticed a folded piece of parchment on the bedside cabinet with his name on it. Naturally he picked up the parchment and read what was written inside.

Morning Oli!

I woke up ludicrously early and with far too much energy. I decided to go to the Quidditch pitch and have a quick fly.

See you later

Ellie xxx

Oliver's brown eyes widened once reading this and he mentally went through the Quidditch pitch schedule. When he realised who was on the pitch that morning he found his clothes and very quickly dressed. He left the room without thought of what his friends would think when they awoke to find both him and Ellie missing. When he arrived at the Quiddtich stadium he looked around frantically trying to locate Ellie. He saw her watching the practice with such rapt attention that the air in his lungs disappeared. He had never seen a girl with such a concentrated look on her face while watching Quidditch. He noticed a worried look on her face and slowly made his way to where she was sitting hoping not to catch the attention of the Slytherin team. Oli had been trying to find a way to beat the Slytherins this year but due to their new brooms they had a very large advantage. Though in Oli's completely unbiased opinion working out strategy with Ellie on the brain most defiantly didn't help.

"Ellie" the girl in question jumped at the sound of her name but when she saw who was standing there she looked relieved. "You probably should leave before they notice you." A large amount of concern was in the tone of his voice but Ellie just sighed.

"Oli, Sit down and be quiet, I need to think." She glanced at him once more before tapping the bench next to her. Oli rolled his eyes but sat down none the less. After three minutes he glanced at her and noticed she was mouthing words quickly but not making a sound. "Let's put those keeper skills to the test" she said a large smile spread across her face. At that moment Oliver notices Flint flying towards them. He sat up straight and made himself as large as possible, not that it would make much of a difference they may hate each other but so far their rivalry had not come to blows.

"You ready?" Ellie just nodded her head and Oliver suddenly felt slightly lost. "Wood" Flint's eyes narrowed but he said nothing else.

"Where's your broom?" Oli looked into Ellie's blue eyes, she could clearly see his confusion. "I think you are going to need it" she dragged him on to the pitch and Flint simply raised one eyebrow but she didn't say anything in reply to the glance. "Oli, go get your broom!" Oliver was now so confused he didn't think anyone could help him make sense of what was happening. But he did as asked regardless. When he came back the Slytherin team looked impatient with him and Ellie rapidly started talking to him in a low tone. "Right, the three chasers are yours, pay attention to the blond one, he always shoots in the left or middle, the other two prefer the right but may go left so be careful. The beaters I know very little about except their aim is slightly off." Ellie didn't know what else to say to him but is seemed he had heard all he needed to hear. He was looking at Ellie in slight awe. "Just stop them from scoring, I can do the rest" Oli continued looking at her in surprise but then she clapped her hands and shooed him to the opposing hoops, with that the game was underway. Though Ellie was slightly rusty she knew the basics, Viktor Krum had made sure that she could play as well as the professionals in all the positions. He wanted he to love the game as much if not more than he did.

Exactly nineteen minutes later the Slytherin team were walking back to school their heads bowed and tails between their legs. Oliver had managed to keep the chasers from getting too much of a lead, Ellie however scored six times with the quaffle before she started frantically looking for the snitch. Oliver knew that her now ex-boyfriend was an international Quidditch player, he didn't know that he had taught Ellie. Oli was also slightly resentful towards Ellie for a few moments, he wished she was in Gryffindor she would have been able to get on the team if she was half blind. A large smile was on Ellie's face and he couldn't help but notice the twinkle in her eye.

"It has been far too long since I played Quiddtich." Ellie said to a stunned Oliver after the game. He was watching the Slytherins wonder back up to the castle.

"Ellie, please get sorted next year, I will let you on the team I would be stupid not too!" Oliver said pleadingly to Ellie. She shook her head at him.

"Who says I am going to be here next year?" Oliver inclined his head he knew that she in all likelihood wouldn't be there next year. "Besides even if I get sorted how do you know I will be in Gryffindor?" with that she slowly started descending from the sky. Oli followed her as she started talking again. "By the way you really are a great keeper" he smiled at the compliment. He knew that she wouldn't give out praise like that unless it was warranted. "Do you mind if we head in for breakfast, I am really hungry" Ellie said a puppy dog expression on her face. Though Oli would have agreed without it. He nodded and she grabbed his hand and started dragging him to the great hall, while skipping. Which caused Oliver to burst out laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this!!